PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

IndyBiFun
May 2, 2010, 2:38 PM
Hi everyone. This has been knawing at me lately so I thought I would ask the group.

I identify as bisexual. I truly am attracted to both genders. When I go out I'll notice both but generally a hot woman before a hot guy. However, through experiences with a male friend, I am finding that recently I am beginning to be more turned on by guys.

Having sex with a guy has become more enjoyable, more erotic, more fun and more pleasurable. I love being intimate with both genders but there is just something more with a guy. Maybe it's just the "naughtiness" of it all with society norms.

Show me a picture or a naked guy and one of a naked woman and I get more turned on by the guy.

Does this mean anything or am I over thinking this?

TwylaTwobits
May 2, 2010, 4:26 PM
Personally, I think you're overthinking it :) Just relax and continue to enjoy whichever gender floats your boat at a specific time.

MarieDelta
May 2, 2010, 4:33 PM
Have to say I agree with Twyla 100%.

Just relax. Sexuality can be a flexible thing for some folks. At times guys might be more what you want at other times, girls.

Its all good. Just enjoy.

Realist
May 2, 2010, 4:45 PM
Over the years I have waffled back and forth on this subject. Earlier in my life I was leaning more towards the guys, but I began to appreciate the ladies more, later. Then, in my late 30s I was back to guys again. These days, I have to feel a very magnetic pull to venture into a relationship with a male.

The pendulum swings............

IndyBiFun
May 2, 2010, 5:03 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. I tend to agree with what Realist said about the pendelum.

But it has kind of caught me by surprise just how much the pendelum has swung one way lately.

I was a late bloomer. I never started to question my sexuality until college and even then, I ignored it for the longest time. It wasn't until it was yelling at me that I stopped and thought, "I better listen to this."

Self discovery can sometimes make you feel like your on an island.

MarieDelta
May 2, 2010, 5:53 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. I tend to agree with what Realist said about the pendelum.

But it has kind of caught me by surprise just how much the pendelum has swung one way lately.

I was a late bloomer. I never started to question my sexuality until college and even then, I ignored it for the longest time. It wasn't until it was yelling at me that I stopped and thought, "I better listen to this."

Self discovery can sometimes make you feel like your on an island.

Sometimes, it can. Thats why there are support groups. You can reach out to the community and get some support/ make some friends.

You are not alone, you know. Plenty of folks out there who are going through the same things you are.

And as far as being a "late bloomer" , dont sweat it. People discover their sexuality at all ages.

slipnslide
May 2, 2010, 11:53 PM
It's all pretty fluid and can ebb and flow in both direction. Overthinking it will only make you crazy. :)

brutal_priestess
May 3, 2010, 12:00 PM
You're over-thinking it. Though i identify as bi, i swing a bit more toward men, simply because I connect better with them. I find interacting with women difficult because I don't have the same thought processes. That and i find that a lot of women are two-faced. They'll smile at your face and whisper to their friends about how weird you are as soon as you leave the room. I've heard enough second-hand gossip about how I act or the things I say far too many times, and so I've learned to be wary.

So yeah...as a general rule, it takes a very special woman to get through my initial, automatic mistrust.