PDA

View Full Version : More Women Barebackers?

fredtyg
Apr 24, 2010, 10:27 AM
I'm having a rough time swallowing the statistic stated on this article (http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/04/23/Survey_Women_Barebacking_at_Higher_Rates_Than_Gay_ Men/) in The Advocate newspaper. To quote, “Of the more than 100,000 NYC women who engage in anal sex each year....".

I have a hard time believing there are 100,000 women doing anal, even in New York City. I just don't believe that many women are into it. Anyone else think that sounds a little screwy?

rissababynta
Apr 24, 2010, 10:29 AM
No. Of all the women I know (which is a shit ton of them) there is only one who does not engage in anal, BUT she said that she is open to the idea.

I think a lot more women have anal sex than you think.

fredtyg
Apr 24, 2010, 10:33 AM

Wow. Getting an education at 54 years old here. That's wild. I was thinking of all the women I've been sexual with and only could think of a few where we did anal. One gal we did anal probably more than regular sex, I think.

Then again, it could just be I never got around to suggesting it to all the other ones? Hard to believe that many gals are accepting of it.

darkeyes
Apr 24, 2010, 10:42 AM
No. Of all the women I know (which is a shit ton of them) there is only one who does not engage in anal, BUT she said that she is open to the idea.

Maybe so Ris.. but its never been for me, nor has it been for that many women I know over here. Some have tried it.. some have enjoyed it, but most who have tried it disliked it.. I do think it is on the increase, but whether they are straight, gay or bisexual, most still treat it as a taboo area.. as I do myself.. I am not anti anyone who wishes to have and who love anal sex, that is their affair.. but I still prefer to do with my arse what it was intended for... and even then wish we could find a better less iffy way for that..:tong:

rissababynta
Apr 24, 2010, 10:52 AM
Wow. Getting an education at 54 years old here. That's wild. I was thinking of all the women I've been sexual with and only could think of a few where we did anal. One gal we did anal probably more than regular sex, I think.

Then again, it could just be I never got around to suggesting it to all the other ones? Hard to believe that many gals are accepting of it.

A handful of my friends for as long as I've known them will ONLY do anal. They don't like vaginal at all.

rissababynta
Apr 24, 2010, 10:53 AM
but I still prefer to do with my arse what it was intended for... and even then wish we could find a better less iffy way for that..:tong:

LMFAO

bemyonlyone
Apr 24, 2010, 11:02 AM
I am actually not into anal at all. I don't want anything shoved up my butt...and I don't really want to shove anything up anyone's butt...I don't want to mess around back there. I know men enjoy it sometimes, but I just couldn't. I'm squeamish at the thought of going near anyone's anus. To me, that's just where poop comes out and it's not sexual to me at all.

Also, there is evidence that having your butt pounded regularly can result in looseness of the anal sphincter.

TwylaTwobits
Apr 24, 2010, 11:26 AM
Personally, I love anal. But then my first experience with it was awesome, if it had been bad I might feel differently about that aspect of intercourse. It's not for everyone but for some it's a huge enjoyment. Not to mention it's handy for certain times of the month when vaginal just isn't pleasurable to anyone. But like all sex acts, it's a personal choice and no one should do it just to please their partner. There can be a bit of pain even with the best of lube at times, it just happens and sometimes that little bit of pain adds to the pleasure. Just my two cents :)

Realist
Apr 24, 2010, 12:14 PM
I've never learned to enjoy anal sex, for myself, but have been with a few who craved it. I did allow two male lovers that entry, only because they had such a strong desire for it and I really cared for them. Luckily, they both were not largely endowed.

I've been around the block a time, or two, but have only known three women who'd actually initiate anal sex.

As Twyla mentioned, being on her period was a time when she had that desire. My first wife was the first lady to initiate anal sex and that was during her period, too. Imagine how surprised I was when she could orgasm, that way! I have to admit, it created some earth shattering orgasms for me, too.

One lady actually preferred anal.........while she used a glass dildo on herself. She was very noisy and, sometimes when it's quiet, I still think I can hear echoes from her orgasms!

Still, I thought it was more rare than it is.

About cleanliness: If I have a lover who is interested in anal, I insist on them using an enema, first.

ready5858
Apr 24, 2010, 12:52 PM
I have had 4 or 5 women who very much enjoy anal sex and others that would only let me put fingers up the arse while doing oral on them.

I think it is more common than you think. As a bi-male it is a very big part of my life style when with another man, it is very enjoyable for me. And there are a-lot of women who do anal that will not talk about it or admit that they do it to any one for fear of what people think of them.

It all cums down to that first experience, if it was good, exciting and orgasmic than you want more, like me! :tongue:

fredtyg
Apr 24, 2010, 1:33 PM
While I'm sure there are more gals into anal than I think- and yes, I live giving and receiving anal- I still can't believe there are 100,000 gals in NYC doing it, at least regularly. Heck, it's hard to me to believe they managed to survey that many women!

It would be fun to do a poll somewhere on this. I think a poll here would be skewed since I would think there would be a higher percentage of bi folks into anal than straight. I think I'll put a poll up on our local sex club Yahoo Group. They're mostly into B and D type stuff and that poll will be skewed, too, but I'd still like to see the results.

I'll let you all know how it works out.

fredtyg
Apr 24, 2010, 3:40 PM
Ok. I realize it's early, but the first comment I received from the Humboldt Impropriety Society Yahoo Group was along the line of Rissa's. The girl couldn't understand how I couldn't believe 100K women don't enjoy anal sex.

The first two votes have been cast. Both of them saying they enjoy anal sex and they initiate it. I've asked that only women participate in the poll. Here's the answers I've offered on the poll:

# Never tried it
# Tried it once. Don't like it. Won't do it.
# I do it occasionally to please my partner
# I enjoy anal sex, but partner initiates
# I enjoy anal sex. I initiate it.
# I love anal. Better than vaginal sex.
# Depends on my mood.
# Other

I would of thought I would have had more participation by now.

fredtyg
Apr 24, 2010, 5:13 PM
It surprises me because of the amount of women that do, or appear to engage in anal sex. I would think there are a number of people who, for one reason or another, don't do anal sex. To some it may be a religious taboo. To others it may be seen as simply dirty or painful. Some might not do it because they think their partner might think less of them for suggesting it.

I just realized, though, the flaw in my thinking on this. Kudos to the first comment made on my poll I referred to earlier.

She pointed out that millions of people live in NYC. I was simply looking at the 100k number as a total, or in relation to a smaller city. That 100k could be a much smaller percentage of the total women in the city, depending on how many women (of age where sexual activity is an issue) live in that city. For instance, if there were 1 million women sexually active in NYC, 100k would mean only 10% would regularly be having anal sex.

I should of looked at the overall population numbers (which weren't stated in the news article) rather than the number supposedly polled.

NaughtyJenn
Apr 24, 2010, 11:55 PM
NYC pop is about 8.4 million. Figure half women, 4.2. Figure 3 million are sexually active. 100,000 would be 3%. I'd be surprised if the percentage were that low.

Anal sex is more common than you think. The number of women that enjoy it are increasing because taboos are slowly disappearing and more men are learning how. As men learn, the woman is more likely to enjoy it and therefore more likely to continue. Simple really.

I was very fortunately to have a wonderful bi man introduce me to the pleasures. And I've educated a few men on the proper way to please a woman anally. Just doing my part to advance civilization LOL

12voltman59
Apr 25, 2010, 12:24 AM
I had a few girlfriends who liked it---they did tend to be younger ones though--ones my age and older tended to not even consider it. If they were my age or older who liked it---they were certainly ladies that were much more open about sexuality, were more confident and such--but then--I could say the same thing about some of the more "uptight" ones who weren't all that much into oral sex (getting or giving) too!

TwylaTwobits
Apr 25, 2010, 9:27 AM
hmmm attachment was too good to pass up for this thread

bemyonlyone
Apr 25, 2010, 11:25 AM
You can not have any experience with anal and still say you don't like it. I doubt I will ever do it. I don't want to say never, but it's very very very very unlikely to happen.

curiousnlooking83
Apr 25, 2010, 12:03 PM
Four former girlfriends were open to anal play. All loved being orally stimulated there (of course!). One only liked oral stimulation. Another loved having anal intercourse, especially as part of a DP (another subject!). One was a little more comfortable with digital stimulation as well. And one encouraged me the first time to a place I was going to anyway :) She could only fully experience her most intense orgasm while being eaten and having her "spot" massaged from inside (anally). Very hot!!!

brutal_priestess
Apr 25, 2010, 1:34 PM
I don't give a shit if more women are having anal sex (or at least speaking of it), I hope they're not truly barebacking it though. Because...you know, another score for the further retardation of sexual awareness in America. I'm so glad I went to high school in the late nineties. Back then, we got a real education in sex, not so many scare tactics (other than regarding STDs and stringent encouragement to use condoms) and more information.