PDA

View Full Version : A Cool Music Group I "stumbled upon!"

12voltman59
Apr 21, 2010, 11:37 AM
Last night after spending the evening with my sis and her hubby checking out the Cincy IKEA store---I made my way back down to the Northside neigborhood of Cincy to get some CDs at a cool record store--there is a very cool pub across the street from the store that I like to sit down and have a few brews.

It is a very cool pub---it has a front room where groups play---usuallly acoustic based ones---and it is a pretty nice place to hang. They also have nice outdoor patio--sometimes groups play out there and too-- there is also a big huge room in the back of the place, where they had a more rocking band playing too last night.

It is not a "gay" bar per se---but I found it is "GLBT friendly" for sure----they do have a little sticker on the door showing they are a member of the Human Rights Campaign.

Well--they had this couple playing acoustic music last night--I stayed for both sets---I figured they were "gay friendly" for sure since they had a local lady who is gay sit in and play drums with them and there was a large contingent of both lesbians and gay males in the audience.

They are from California and Ingrid----one of the group members-- said they had just done some gigs opening for The Indigo Girls and would be back later in the summer to open shows The Indigo Girls will be doing in our local area.

I enjoyed their music greatly since it is my sort of music---acoustic but with an edge---they sure had some strong sexual innuendo in some of their songs. I bought a CD from them and while playing the disc---checked out their website and in their band/personal histories---the "male" member---Joe---is actually a trans man--and I have to say---he has a full beard and deep voice--and no trace of breasts----I didn't figure that one out!!

The group is called "Coyote Grace" I like 'em!!

Here is their web site to check out:

http://www.coyotegrace.com/coyotegrace/default.asp?ID=18&PageData=198

MarieDelta
Apr 21, 2010, 11:53 AM
OMG! I love Coyote They have a great sound, dont they?

Glad to see someone else is finally picking up on them :bigrin:

Gotta say that their music is brilliant. I particularly love "Summertime"
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=iv3cvQeTtxU

:bigrin:

12voltman59
Apr 21, 2010, 12:12 PM
OMG! I love Coyote They have a great sound, dont they?

Glad to see someone else is finally picking up on them :bigrin:

Gotta say that their music is brilliant. I particularly love "Summertime"
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=iv3cvQeTtxU

:bigrin:

Sure do have a great sound--I have been grovin' on their most recent CD--"Ear to the Ground" that I got last night.

It was a full house in that section of the bar--with maybe a hundred or so folks there both sitting and standing which is pretty good I think for a Tuesday evening!!!

It was the song in the vid---"Summertime" that made me figure--"Ingrid must be bi" since like I said---I was totally clueless that Joe is a transman---shows ya how good my "GLBT radar" is!!!! Duhhhhh!!!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 21, 2010, 12:23 PM
That Was cool. Loved the song Guy named Joe. Verry nice. :}
Cat