PDA

View Full Version : Chat room problems?

RobUK
Apr 20, 2010, 7:56 AM
Does anyone else on here have problems with the chat room (or any feature on this site)?

It may be a Mac-compatibility problem (I use a Mac, so maybe it's that), an problem with certain browsers, or internet security programs interfering - but, has anyone else experienced any glitches?

Bi_Druid
Apr 20, 2010, 8:12 AM
Have you tried allowing pop ups?

If you have an anti script program, have you allowed Scripts?

Just a couple of suggestions that may help.

Long Duck Dong
Apr 20, 2010, 8:23 AM
there can be issues with pop up blockers.... and browsers

I run windows xp pro...using fire fox, and I had to allow extensions to run on the browser before I could use chat

12voltman59
Apr 20, 2010, 9:37 AM
I have found that after a time of only using an aircard as my Internet provider---on the cell service I used--namely Verizon-----it was impossible to get on chat here----it has been over a year since I went back to using another provider---so I don't know it if holds true for them now---but at that time----their servers didn't allow me to get on here.

It could be a problem like that with your service provider.

married male
Apr 20, 2010, 12:59 PM
I have tried to download Java to allow me to chat. After downloading it tells me I have the latest version, but I am stil unable to log in. Being a computer idiot I need help.

12voltman59
Apr 20, 2010, 1:16 PM
I have tried to download Java to allow me to chat. After downloading it tells me I have the latest version, but I am stil unable to log in. Being a computer idiot I need help.

Does a message come up when you try to log on the chat?? If so, what does it say????

19biman61
Apr 20, 2010, 1:48 PM
Most of the time, when I sign on I get a message that says that I couldn't log on. If I click on the "refresh" button on the task bar it will let me in.

Lady_Passion
Apr 20, 2010, 3:05 PM
Clearing a stale cache should work. Next time, before you login, clear the cache and temp files for your browser. Then login and go to the chat. If that doesn't do it, post back and we'll take it from there.

jackbirdjay
Apr 20, 2010, 3:07 PM
Does anyone else on here have problems with the chat room (or any feature on this site)?

It may be a Mac-compatibility problem (I use a Mac, so maybe it's that), an problem with certain browsers, or internet security programs interfering - but, has anyone else experienced any glitches?

its your pop-up settings i have a mac to turn the block off go in to safari under block up make sure theres no check there

married male
Apr 20, 2010, 3:16 PM
When i attempt to log into chat i get a pop up telling me this chat client requires a java compatable browser. Java use to work on this thig, it's driving me crazy. Oh and by the way if you havent guessed I know very little about computers. I really do appreciate any help you might give.

hornibiguy2006
Apr 20, 2010, 4:14 PM
and i dont see any webcam settings?webcams might be a fun addition and get more users

**Peg**
Apr 20, 2010, 5:18 PM
try switching browsers. This site is compatible with Firefox, IE and Opera. By times I've used all 3 of them just to test the site.

make sure your java update settings are set to update automatically, that way you won't have to worry about it. Verify it here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

married male: dump your temporary internet files - do that for all your browsers.

Then download and run ccleaner from filehippo:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

if none of the above work, then delete the cookie for this site and visit again... the cookie will be reset for "http://main.bisexual.com". Then, in ccleaner, go to 'options/cookies' and make sure the cookie for bi.com is in the 'cookies to keep' column.

good luck to all

mrplayfuluk
Apr 20, 2010, 7:36 PM
yep use Firefox for Mac and exclude this site from your pop up blocker.

oceans
Apr 20, 2010, 10:20 PM
Mac user here, I use Safari....... very few issues with the site and Safari.

I get booted every once in awhile but not a lot.

RobUK
Apr 21, 2010, 5:23 AM
Cheers everyone! I'll try all these things...

Thanks again!

Rob
:bigrin:

RobUK
Apr 21, 2010, 5:29 AM
Cheers everyone! I'll try all these things...

Thanks again!

Rob
:bigrin:

RobUK
Apr 21, 2010, 5:46 AM
Well, one good deed (or several) deserves another...

If you have to the latest version of Firefox (older versions might have this feature too, I just don't know), if you just start-up Firefox as normal, press

Apple+Shift+P

(all 3 together), it will open a private browsing window and Firefox won't save history or cookies. so no need to clear them manually, or use CC, or anything, if you need to do so for whatever reason.

PS - This doesn't stop the chat room from functioning as normal (I just tested that myself)

Thanks again!
;)