PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a lube?

gayle
May 23, 2005, 9:24 PM
I've got this question posted on another thread as well. . .

Can anyone recommend a good all-purpose lube? I want one that is good for toy play and sex. It'd be nice to find one that doesn't taste nasty if you are performing oral sex. . .
Also, to continue the discussion of toys --- can anyone recommend toys that might be of interest to a m/f couple? :)

Johnny Dollar
May 23, 2005, 10:28 PM
I've got this question posted on another thread as well. . .

Can anyone recommend a good all-purpose lube? I want one that is good for toy play and sex. It'd be nice to find one that doesn't taste nasty if you are performing oral sex. . .
Also, to continue the discussion of toys --- can anyone recommend toys that might be of interest to a m/f couple? :)

My favorite lube (although I must admit it has a strange taste to it, but not COMPLETELY terrible) is ID Glide. It's not too thin and not too thick...I used to use Astroglide but ID Glide I find to be much better. It's a great lube to use in both cases (toys and sex).

Just my :2cents:

gayle
May 23, 2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks Johnny. We've used KY (who hasn't?) and Pjur Eros which is made in Germany. Haven't tried AstroGlide but like the sounds of it!!! LOL!

24play
May 24, 2005, 4:25 AM
BEST is to find a silicone based lube... wonderful!!!

Johnny Dollar
May 24, 2005, 9:58 AM

Is a silicone lube something that would be okay to swallow, though? I've always wondered that.

Brian
May 24, 2005, 10:58 AM
There's one available here in North America (and perhaps everywhere) called Elbow Grease that I find is very good - it doesn't get sticky like some I've used. But it has one big drawback, it weakens latex, so it should only be used with sex toys. I think it is a mix of silicone and various oil-based products - it's a very, very slippery lube - great for beginners who are experimenting with sex toys first (and that would be guys like me, ahem).

- Drew :paw:

gayle
May 25, 2005, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the recommendations all. Drew, good point about Elbow Grease weakening latex. That's something many of us would not have thought about. Of course, for me THAT is less of an issue because I am latex allergic so latex condoms are a definite no-no. I could just about start a new thread right now just to ask if anyone knows of any latex free condoms sold in the states besides the Trojan Supra Microsheer Polyurethane ones. I can't seem to find any others anywhere. Oh well, at least I'm able to find this one brand pretty much anywhere --- except of course in adult bookstores, adult video arcades, etc. Seems like the sex stores businesses don't realize that there would be a possibility that one of their customers is unable to use latex condoms.

little_willie
May 25, 2005, 5:29 PM
My wife and I like Astroglide. It only takes a drop or two for vaginal lubricant and several drops for anal. The flavor sucks though. I'd like to try one that works this good AND tastes good!

mike9753
May 27, 2005, 1:56 PM
There is a product called, "Albolene" that is a wonderful lubricant. It comes n a white plastic jar with a blue label and a blue top. It may weaken latex because it is petrolium based. It is also a face cleaner for women to remove makeup. I have used Astroglide and KY and I find it far superior to both of these.

BiCurious John
May 27, 2005, 7:06 PM
Hi Gayle

How about a double dong? Sit facing each other with your asses together. Slide one end up his ass and one end up yours. Now play with each other, masturbate, whatever.

Good luck.

BTW, Are you still on for this weekend?

gayle
May 27, 2005, 8:07 PM
Hi John,
A little off topic --- but YES we are ON for this weekend. I just hope it doesn't end up NOT happening. I'm looking forward to seeing this couple again. Even if things don't go as far as my bf hopes, I just think seeing this hot couple again would be great. As far as I can tell, everything about this couple is hot --- their looks, their personalities, their fantasies. I just hope not to be a disappointment to them!
Gayle

PS I did pick up one of the new KY products to try. It is a combination of massage oil and personal lube, and it is warming to the touch. I'll try it out this weekend and see how I like it. I'll have to post my evaluation of it later! I've also got some glow in the dark lotion to try. I thought it sounded both funky and fun. I'm just wondering how long it glows. Does it continue glowing after you apply it? I'm thinking this is going to be a really fun weekend. . .

Nic Kers
May 30, 2005, 7:46 PM
Silicone based lubes are the best - I reccommend either Probe or ID, fantastically slooshy...

Nic

Ratchick
May 30, 2005, 8:26 PM
ALso,
Remember with the silicone toys you can't use some lubes like Elbow Grease because they will break down the silicone toys. YOu have to use a water based lube, like KY on those.
Just a thoguht...
Em :2cents: :bigrin:

Brian
May 30, 2005, 8:51 PM
ALso,
Remember with the silicone toys you can't use some lubes like Elbow Grease because they will break down the silicone toys. YOu have to use a water based lube, like KY on those.
Just a thoguht...
Em :2cents: :bigrin:Now that I did not know. Thanks RC!

- Drew :paw:

Apleasureseeker
May 30, 2005, 10:56 PM
What do you want to use it for? That might make a difference.
I' fond of one called Shaft as an all purpose fun-lube (not the best for latex condoms, like some of the others, even though I haven't had any trouble, & I play a long time).
It's a "fisting lube" like Elbow Grease, which means it looks like a tub 'o crisco, but it's also water-soluble which means cleanup is a snap, & no greasy feel left behind. Works great for getting anything into anything, pretty easily, and doesn't need to be wetted to stay slippery for hours. I use it for toy insertions, vaginal fisting, masturbation & nipple massages (try it!), even a litle in the corner of the mouth for oral toy play & fisting (don't be scared, I'm a very gentle guy).
Say has anyone ever wondered why vaginal lube gels sometimes dry up? I mean, isn't hat why we're using them in the first place?
:yikes2:

gayle
May 31, 2005, 2:36 AM
Good question about the vaginal lube gels that dry up! I got a chuckle out of it.
I did try the new KY warming massage oil & lubricant this weekend. As a massage oil, it's great. I also like the feeling of it on intimate areas, but I found that when a bit got inside me during sex, it produced an unpleasant heat. I definitely prefer it for external use. So that's my review on that particular product. I'll stick with non-warming lubes for internal use. . . :2cents:

Apleasureseeker
Jun 1, 2005, 2:21 AM
I did try the new KY warming massage oil & lubricant this weekend. As a massage oil, it's great. I also like the feeling of it on intimate areas, but I found that when a bit got inside me during sex, it produced an unpleasant heat. I definitely prefer it for external use. So that's my review on that particular product. I'll stick with non-warming lubes for internal use. . . :2cents:

No point in recommending the Tabasco brand lube then, is there? ;)

jo69guy
Jun 2, 2005, 10:03 AM
We prefer plain old KY ourselves. Tried the warming stuff too, and it set my behind on fire! Will NEVER do that again. Have tried some other brands, but have always gone back to KY.

:2cents: :flag3:

hypershot
Jun 2, 2005, 8:33 PM
I use Vaseline..very good and lasts for long long time hehee!

Only sex toy i can think of is a DED (double ended dildo)

sorry, later

summergirl75
Jun 16, 2005, 12:45 PM
Durex make one called 'Play', not sticky, not drying and tastes good. they do it in a heating variety too, which tastes good but i wouldn't use it for anal play, burning arse not good.

Tigerstarlight
Jun 16, 2005, 1:17 PM
Here (http://www.14-condoms.co.uk) is a link worth looking at. i tryed the flavored one's once and they were ok, smelt really nice!! and also a good toy place is here (http://www.sex-toys-for-girls.com)
Hope they can help you :tongue:

Tiger xx:paw:xx

msandrea
Jun 17, 2005, 12:30 AM
My bf and I were up in Tahoe and asked a lady that worked at an adult shop there. We were looking for something mainly that didnt have a taste, since we are both very oral. She told us about this lube called JO system. It has a slicky, smooth feel and never gets sticky or tacky, long lasting and fragrance free and latex safe. Great for anal sex...hehe. Kinda expensive, but lasts a long time and it is worth it. Have fun and be safe!!!

Ratchick
Jun 18, 2005, 9:26 PM
I found a great deal of info on lubes at : www.The-clitoris.com
IT explains what lubes work well, and where to use them.
Also, About.com has a whole article on lubes and why or why not to use them.
Hugs,
RC

Bluesteel71
Apr 13, 2011, 5:40 AM
SORBELENE :tong:

wrbi01
Apr 13, 2011, 10:27 AM
Sex Grease!!! I love this stuff and its water based so when it mixes with the natural lubes during sex WOW! This stuff is slick as... well.. its good..

Found you can order it on Cheaplubes.com
http://www.cheaplubes.com/sexgrease.aspx

Thats my :2cents:

:bibounce:

lizard-lix
Apr 13, 2011, 3:06 PM
Astroglide X is good because it is almost as slippery as silicone but is OK on all toys. It also lasts.

We really like the Oceanus Carrageenan since it is really slippery and it doesn't dry as fast as a lot of the water based gels, it's also good for the skin. The Oceanus Female Stimulation gel is great on the clit too.

We can get all of these at the local grocery store, so they are easy favorites.

We tried the KY His/Hers it was great when separate, but when we started intercourse and the two mixed, we both went numb, end of sex... geeez.. right into the trash!

From kid hood, I still get a hard on every time I smell KY, this can be tricky at the doc's office when I am bent over getting a prostate exam and catch a whiff of the KY on his glove :bigrin:

luvsgirlyclothes
Apr 13, 2011, 5:53 PM
Derrick and Romaine(out Q) HIGHLY recommened Boy Butter

billc77
Apr 13, 2011, 9:49 PM
I make my own. I take 4 ounces of distilled water and mix it with a quarter teaspoon of Xanthan Gum...Xanthan Gum can be purchased at most Health food stores. It is used in making a synthetic gluten for gluten free bread. A little of this goes a long long way. Mix it with an electric mixer. You can add more to it if you want to make it thicker.
The taste is "Tasteless". It has a mucus like texture in the mouth...It is water soluble and will not harm either Latex or Silicone toys. Costs about 10 cents for a 4 ounce bottle. Store in the refrigerator when not in use.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 14, 2011, 1:06 AM
Anal Ez, Astro Glide, Jenga, KY Warming gel, and several others out there, Hon. You'll just have to find one that works the best for you.:}
Cat

crazy_cat_lady
Apr 14, 2011, 3:02 AM
My favorate lube is KY Smooth and Silky. As the name suggests it is silky, and doesnt taste too bad despite it being not flavered.

Also to answer your question about the non latex condoms. I'd try Avanti Bare, which is from durex. I personally prefer durex since its #1 in the world where as trojen is #1 in the country, but thats just me.

There is also Lifestyles SKYN(polyisoprene), Trojan Naturalamb (which I'd use only if you know your partner has no STD's since its made from membrane), and of course Trojan Supra(polyurethane).

sweetie pie
Apr 14, 2011, 6:08 AM
silicon lube is the best. i believe eros is silicon based. but for oral you'll need something water based because ingesting silicon can give you tummy aches.:cool:

Indyguy
Apr 14, 2011, 8:21 AM
Look for water based flavored lubes, some come in strawberry, cherry, etc. Something too, as far as toys, how about glass. Love them, very firm, and no harm from the lubes. They clean up easily, and you can warm them under warm water or microwave. Glass is a great! :2cents:

woodturner
Jun 1, 2011, 12:29 PM
I make my own. I take 4 ounces of distilled water and mix it with a quarter teaspoon of Xanthan Gum...Xanthan Gum can be purchased at most Health food stores. It is used in making a synthetic gluten for gluten free bread. A little of this goes a long long way. Mix it with an electric mixer. You can add more to it if you want to make it thicker.
The taste is "Tasteless". It has a mucus like texture in the mouth...It is water soluble and will not harm either Latex or Silicone toys. Costs about 10 cents for a 4 ounce bottle. Store in the refrigerator when not in use.

Thanks for the recipe. I am gluten free....and now I have another use for that xanthum gum.....mmmmmm

Gearbox
Jun 1, 2011, 2:07 PM
I quit using lube for anal when I took up rimming. My ample supply of free saliva has saved me ££££££££££'s. It works just as good and has obvious sexual bonuses too.;)

No idea about toys. I like my built in one too much.:bigrin:

othercat
Sep 7, 2011, 8:51 AM
iv been using a lube called GunOil H2O. GunOil is the brand name. the reason i mention that is because i posted on another website about it and one guy thought it was actual lubricant for guns. no its not for real guns, its a personal lubricant. the H2O part is that is water soluble, it washes up easily with water and soap, its not oily. it also comes in an oil base version. one reason i use it because it is available in many sizes including 32oz. size that comes with a pump top. buying the large size is way more economical than buying a lot of smaller sizes. its slippery similar to astroglide, i like astroglide but i use lube mostly for my fleshlight male masturbation toy, and a 32oz. bottle of GunOil H2O lasts me a very long time. it has a taste to it, it doesnt taste bad but its not like yummy tasting. the bottle says For Topical Use. i buy it from cheaplubes.com, they have realy good fast service and they also have a large selection of other lubes, and sex toys and lots of other stuff to. they usualy have a monthly discount code for 10% discount. its about $39 for 32oz thats with shipping and discount. that may sound like alot but if you compare it to several .5oz or 1oz bottles its way more economical, with the large bottle im less likely to run out. when i get my order cheaplubes always throws in 3 or 4 samples of different kinds of lubes and a couple chocolate mints. a word of advice, silicone lubes are nice, very slippery, but you are not supposed to use silicone lube with silicone toys, it will ruin the toy.

BradNDallas
Sep 7, 2011, 10:28 AM

I agree with this, Silicone is the best

barebum4
Sep 7, 2011, 9:45 PM
Silicone is awesome but you can't use it with latex condoms and you can't use it with silicone sex toys.

Jobelorocks
Sep 7, 2011, 9:56 PM
I personally like Maximus. I find it doesn't get as sticky as the other lubricants I have used.

hornyv1
Sep 8, 2011, 9:37 AM
Hi, my favorite is Swiss Navy Silicone Lubricant. It is safe for condom and sex toy use. I do not know how it tastes as I primarily use it to jack-off, but sure do love it for that! LOL

R. R. Wayne
Sep 8, 2011, 10:25 AM
I like Astroglide. Walmart has it. But I think I'll start making my own based on what I've learned here. But first, I gotta go jack off.

dickhand
Sep 8, 2011, 2:52 PM
Nothing works better than good old margerine . Butter is good if you can afford it and they taste great too !