PDA

View Full Version : Great article about transgender in May issue of Glamour

gfofbiguy
Apr 9, 2010, 5:46 PM
There is a great article about transgender - male to female - in the May issue of Glamour called Just Another Girl (Who Used to Be a Boy)

http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/2010/04/just-another-girl-who-used-to-be-a-boy

TwylaTwobits
Apr 9, 2010, 6:37 PM
Thanks for posting, interesting read.

GfandNewbie
Apr 9, 2010, 10:26 PM
It was an interesting read - I was impressed, too, that a mainstream magazine put out such a positive article about people who are transgender. I really like Glamour because they have been stepping out of the mainstream and putting "plus" size women - or what most people call them, *real* size women - in their pages as models, they talk about real issues in the world as well as their fashion and makeup and whatnot tips LOL

cliffordmontero
Apr 9, 2010, 11:06 PM
yay for a great article . . . its been bookmarked for future reference :p

FalconAngel
Apr 9, 2010, 11:36 PM
That's rather surprising, since magazines like Glamour, Cosmo and other fashion mags are averse to taking on controversial subjects.

gfofbiguy
Apr 10, 2010, 1:13 PM
Not really. In recent years, Glamour has been trying to step out of that box and present more controversial things, which is one of the reasons I really like that magazine and don't read the others. :)

FalconAngel
Apr 10, 2010, 6:09 PM
Not really. In recent years, Glamour has been trying to step out of that box and present more controversial things, which is one of the reasons I really like that magazine and don't read the others. :)

Well, neither of us read them at all, but we do see them on the magazine racks.