PDA

View Full Version : Deaf Husband

rdy2go
Mar 27, 2010, 12:18 PM
A woman went to her doctor to seek advice on a problem. "Doctor," she said, "You have to help me with George! I think he's losing his hearing, and refuses to get checked."

The doctor said, "Well Mildred, we have to be sure that he's having a problem. Once we determine that he is, we can move forward from there. I want you to do this simple test at home. Stand 50 feet behind him and in a clear normal voice ask him a question. If he doesn't answer move to 40 feet and ask the same question, if he doesn't answer move to 30 feet, and so on until he hears you."

Mildred trudged home determined to help her George with his hearing loss. When she arrived home, George was painting the shutters on the front of the house.

Mildred stood 50 feet behind him and said in a normal voice, "George dear, how long will you be until you are finshed?" There was no answer.

She moved to 40 feet and asked the question again, still no answer. She moved to 30 feet and repeated her question. Still, no answer. Mildred was very concerned now. At 20 feet there was no answer. Paniced now, she was 10 feet behind him and said, "George dear, how long will you be until you finish."

This time she got her reply, "Mildred," her beloved George said, "For the fifth God-damn time I'll be done in about an hour!"