PDA

View Full Version : Tiger's back

12voltman59
Mar 20, 2010, 11:30 AM
I know--its not that important a story--but I am sure that most anyone who watches news or reads a paper knows---Tiger Woods is going to be returning to the game of golf with his first tournament being The Masters in just a few weeks.

I am not surprised that Tiger would pick that tournament to come back for many reasons---he has won the event four times, it was his first major tour win and biggest and most important really----Tiger doesn't have to worry at all about two things---heckling from the gallery and any negative comments from the reporters of the networks that will be covering the tournament.

The grounds at Augusta National are all private with no homes on the course---so there is no access to the course but coming in the main gate.

When it comes to heckling coming from the crowd-----with the limited numbers of tickets available to the tournament and the desirablity of that event------no one who had tickets is going to risk losing them. Tickets to The Masters is so tight that families will them from one generation to the next and you get major family fights over the tickets, in divorces---who gets The Masters tickets is often a hotly debated issue.

The powers that be at The Masters will broker no sort of unruly behavior and I can betcha---they are gonna make it clear to anyone who heckles Tiger---not only are ya gonna get your ass booted on the spot---you just lost your tickets for life if ya do.

To the networks covering the tournament and the commentators working it----the Masters has a history of booting on the spot and for life----any commentator who says anything the Masters management doesn't like.

So--- for Tiger, at least for this tournament--- he gets to keep his tight circle of control around him and at The Masters---anyone who breaches that is gonna find themselves on the outs.

At some point though---Tiger is going to have to play at some less tightly controlled venue where he is going to have to face negative reaction by the crowds and negative comments by network reporters.

I do sorta feel sorry for all the craziness that is going to happen in and around the Augusta area during the tournament with all the paparazzi/tabloid leaches hanging around trying to find out where Tiger is staying and all that----it's most likely gonna be a real three ring circus as some have said.

There might be someone in the gallery at The Masters who either feels strongly enough to heckle Tiger or is dumb enough to depending upon one's perspective--and maybe one or two golf commentator/reporters who make some negative comments about Tiger--they had better do that on Sunday so when their words are broadcast or printed---they won't be booted from the rest of this year's tournament---they can also expect to never get press credentials for any future Masters too.

Tiger could not have picked any better venue to come back to the game----it will be interesting to see what his next tournament will be----no matter what--it won't be the tightly controlled setting that the Masters is for either public or press so that will be "verrrrry intervesting!"

darkeyes
Mar 20, 2010, 12:08 PM
Don think ne 1 cares 2 much Voltie.. cept mayb diehard golf peeps.. not zif it a sport worth wotchin..hittin teeny weeny ball all ova place tillya find a wee hole.. but dus agree wivya that (as we r told still doin 'is penance an is ver sorry for bein naughty dickhead) he is ver sorry for upsettin every 1 .. an so we shud take 'im at face value.. not 2 sure ne 1 cept 'is wife shud b 2 bothad bout wot 'e dus ne way an who 'e sleeps wiv..

We hav our own naughty boy rite now in British sport (we hav moren 1 but for now its 'im me mentions) ..John Terry, captain of England's football team, now x captain (price ya pay for extreme naughtiness) an captain of Chelsea. Believe me wen it cums 2 bein naughty boy 'e leaves Tiger woods standin (not all 2 do wiv gettin laid...) an not 2 sure 'e is doin ne penance eitha.. or if 'e is 'e hides it ver well.. but as a footballer he is brill, an wish me luffly jambos an Scotland had sum 1 haff as gud.... so sad that as a human bein 'e, like Mr Woods leaves a lot 2 b desired..

So gud luck 2 Tiger.. may he pot it in the right hole an keep it in 'is pants 2 save us havin weeks an months crap on front pages a newspapers at expense a reel news...;)

someguy00
Mar 21, 2010, 1:41 AM
He's a fucking dirtbag and I hope everyone there heckles the motherfucker until he can't even see straight. Not that his golf game has anything to do with his personal life, but I think he's a piece of shit and I hope people make his life miserable.

JP1986UM
Mar 21, 2010, 2:00 AM
Its really between him and Elin.

If she's fine with it, or they decide to divorce because she cannot handle it, then its their affair.

Just as I don't want someone walking up to me and saying; "hey you cocksucker, how could you do that to your wife? Let her go find some straight guy instead of you getting a boyfriend on the side you faggot!"

I don't think its anyone else's biz what they handle for their own marriage.

We should have all learned that our private lives should be that, private.

Let the man alone. he's paying a very difficult personal price. Its none of my business what happens.

TwylaTwobits
Mar 21, 2010, 2:18 AM
You are right, JP, it's no one's business but him and his wife and his mistress who is pregnant and however many more they had to pay off. Personally I have never really followed golf but I did always hear about the wonderful Tiger Woods. The phenom that was so young and so talented. He fucked up, doesn't mean his golf game is gonna suck now. If people heckle him they will be removed and such classic events like the Masters will be tarnished because of him and the other golfers don't deserve that to happen. I do hope that the furor dies down and as long as he doesn't repeat his mistakes or his apologies it just might.

TrimBeardHairyBod
Mar 21, 2010, 7:32 AM
To my mind, people in the public eye - be they politicians, showbiz personalities or sportsmen - have a duty to set a good example for the rest of us. Guess I am old-fashioned. So be it.

hydropop
Mar 21, 2010, 10:23 AM
Your an Idiot to really care about such a piece of crap like him. Get a life of your own.

12voltman59
Mar 21, 2010, 2:18 PM
Your an Idiot to really care about such a piece of crap like him. Get a life of your own.

I guess that comment is directed to me--if so--I will pay attention to anyone or any "news" story I damn well chose to pay attention to---and I do have a pretty rich and fulfilling life--thank you very much!!!!!

I was simply commenting on something that is going on in the real world----you can hardly avoid hearing or reading about Tiger-- last week after the "big announcement"--all you had to do was to you pick up the paper, turn on a radio or television news program--and there ya go--they had something about Tiger's great return.

I was in Central Florida last week and for the Orlando TV stations---they are covering the Tiger story on their newscasts in all its forms pretty intensly. On top of that--I was staying in a community that has something like 500 holes of golf and it was certainly a topic of many people there!!

To bring up the topic on here is hardly worse than many of the other things that get talked about on this forum.

I am sure not losing any sleep over "the Tiger situation" to be sure----but it was just on my mind since just before posting this--I had gotten caught up on reading several days of USA Today and in those papers----it seemed there were many stories about Tiger's great return spread all over the papers in various sections---so I am not the only one who has at least a passing interest in the subject---turn on The Golf Channel and that is about all they are talking about it seems!!

tenni
Mar 21, 2010, 2:47 PM
Voltie
The golf channel was probably talking about Tiger before his addiction became public. They were talking about his golfing. They probably are talking about his return to golfing.

As far as his personal problems go, I agree that it should be left personal. I hope that the golf station is not dwelling too much on the salacious aspects...:cool:

Tiger is reported on here under the "sports" section of the news. Hollywood style gossip reporting on certain stations is interesting. It is gossip and sensationalizing a sports hero and mixing it in with actor celebs. Tiger has cult status. Too bad for him in some respects. If he gets it working again then he will do well with endorsements.

rissababynta
Mar 21, 2010, 5:16 PM

well that was totally called for...

Donkey_burger
Mar 22, 2010, 12:37 PM
Don't feed the trolls, please.

DB :flag3:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 22, 2010, 5:22 PM
Wow, somebody hasnt been having their Bran lately, actually a couple of somebody's. Just ignore them ladies, and Voltie.
Cat

Donkey_burger
Mar 22, 2010, 8:25 PM
Wow, somebody hasnt been having their Bran lately, actually a couple of somebody's. Just ignore them ladies, and Voltie.
Cat

Nice to know that somebody is on my side about this.

I've started to put "troll-feeders" on my ignore list, alongside the trolls. The difference between them is I use the "view post: on their posts at least once or twice. I'm just kind of fed up with that sort of thing, ya know? It's almost worse than being a troll. I don't want to be reminded of it time and again.

DB :bipride:

bettybob
Mar 23, 2010, 10:03 AM
Boink boink squirt squirt, who really cares? Hypocritical assholes that's who...