PDA

View Full Version : Facial hair--yay! or blech?

OmegaGray
Mar 19, 2010, 1:41 AM
I am not sure if it is part of the transition process, but as I was coming to terms with my sexuality I decided to make a outward physical change to express my emotional change...so I shaved my head and goatee, which have been staples of my appearance for years. Now, I am considering growing back my facial hair as my hair regrows, but I am concerned that it is a turn off for other guys. Also, I have found that I am not particularly attracted to facial hair in most cases, which makes me feel like a bit of a hypocrite. Should I stay clean shaven? Do guys like neatly kept facial hair? Am I over-thinking this? Help! (I wouldn't mind hearing from the ladies either ^_^)

bityme
Mar 19, 2010, 2:40 AM
Do whatever makes you feel the best about yourself and the hell with anyone else. Some guys will like you with the hair and some will not.

I have had a full beard for over 35 years and have had no problems with either men or women over it. The beard is part of me and if someone doesn't like it and use it as a reason for not developing some type of relationship then they are far to superficial to attract or maintain my interest.

"To thine onw self be true."

coyotedude
Mar 19, 2010, 2:52 AM
I'm with bityme on this one. I've only had my full beard for 15 years, though!

Seriously... some people will get into facial hair and others will not. Personally, I think goatees are damn sexy, but I know that not everyone will share that view. Different strokes for different folks, or so goes the saying.

I think it more depends on your needs, your desires, and your own personal identity. "To thine own self be true" really sums it up!

Peace

xtopherix
Mar 19, 2010, 3:20 AM
I know it might sound goofy, but you're facial hair (or any part of your appearance really) affects your personality, so if you feel like you might like to grow yours back, I would go for it. It probably means you should.

As for attractiveness, I think everyone is different in that respect. I personally would have a hard time being attracted to someone with a mustache, but a goatee would be just fine. Different people like to see different things.

TwylaTwobits
Mar 19, 2010, 3:26 PM
I don't really care for full blown beards but when a guy has just a bit of stubble on his chin it's delightful. One of the pics I had recieved from LDD before I went to NZ had him with stubble, I had instalust and demanded he have stubble the day I arrived. He did :)

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 19, 2010, 4:09 PM
A man that has a neatly trimmed, neatly groomed beard can be Very hot and nice. Full, thick and lush...sigh..
But you just be You Darlin, and do whatever feels best to You. ;)
Cat

the sacred night
Mar 20, 2010, 8:13 PM
I'm not big on facial hair. It scratches my face when I kiss the person. But as you can see, everyone has different tastes, so do whichever you want.

Lonewolf76
Mar 21, 2010, 12:22 AM
I would have to say that I find a nice cleanly trimmed goatee or beard on a man a total turn on. It's part of that physical/visual attraction. To me (and I wouldn't presume to think it's this way for everyone else - just my thing) facial hair embodies his masculinity. On the other hand - a woman with a neatly trimmed goatee or beard would not do a thing for me... am I shallow?? LOL Wolfie

bensonhurstbiguy
Mar 24, 2010, 10:52 PM
I am not a fan of facial hair at all, having it myself or seeing it on another person. I think some people do look great with it, don't get me wrong, but those are generally people I don't find myself attracted to.

Interestingly, most of the guys I am friends with (just friends) have facial hair. I think that has something to do with my being friends with them. There's no attraction, thus I have an easy time talking to them and all of that.