PDA

View Full Version : OMFG

TwylaTwobits
Mar 15, 2010, 9:06 PM
I have no words to describe how I felt after reading this article.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/3457170/Mum-killed-six-newborns-kept-bodies-in-bag

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 15, 2010, 9:42 PM
Ewww, now Thats just Sick. I hope that bitch gets the needle....:eek::(
Replused Cat

Canticle
Mar 15, 2010, 10:48 PM
Twyla, you are quite correct, there are very few words that can be used to describe such events, as have taken place in France and elsewhere. I would say that the whole situation is incredibly sad and that the lady must be suffering from some extremely severe emotional and mental illness problems.

However, this does not excuse, the killing of the babies, but I am sure, all those, qualified in the field of psychiatric medicine, who examine and talk to the lady in question, will be able to discover the reason for her actions....and something has to have triggered her actions.

Cat, yes it is sick. Lives have been ended, but for this to happen, the lady has got to have been ill, not evil, not a bitch, but a very ill and disturbed character. The whole thing is a tragedy. For her, for the fathers of those babies, for the lady's 14 year old son, friends, relatives, law enforcement officers.....even the medical profession treating her....and I am sure she is receiving treatment.

France does not have the death penalty, so the lady will not be getting ''the needle.'' No member country of the Economic Union has the death penalty. And anyway, what good would come of killing someone, who must be severely mentally disturbed, to have committed these actions.

If the lady is found to be suffering from some kind of mental illness, then she is not responsible for her actions....and not even in a country with the death penalty....should a person with mental illness be put to death.

Hephaestion
Mar 16, 2010, 12:04 AM
These matters seem to be occurring more frequently unless improved news dissemination is making it seem that way. The question arises as to whether the people involved are victims themselves and if so what is causing it. Simply eradicating offenders throws away the necessity to learn.

Canticle
Mar 16, 2010, 1:20 AM
These matters seem to be occurring more frequently unless improved news dissemination is making it seem that way. The question arises as to whether the people involved are victims themselves and if so what is causing it. Simply eradicating offenders throws away the necessity to learn.

I think that it is true, that we here about things these days, whereas, even 20 years ago, world news was more often, than not, about major events, and not the tragedy of very ordinary people in the way this event is.

We have to learn from these cases, or the appropriate medical personnel do, exactly what has happened to a person, in their past....in their life experience.....that would change their behaviour and cause them to kill...and with women...it can be a severe hormonal imbalance.

The law of Babylon, ''an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,'' will not help an ill person, nor will it prevent such things happening again.

darkeyes
Mar 16, 2010, 9:35 AM
Ta Heph an Canticle.... execute peeps an we learn nothing.. it also brings society down to the level of those who commit such crimes.. and tg our society and those of other members states are sufficiently mature as to have no death penalty... and long may it remain so..

MarieDelta
Mar 16, 2010, 11:04 AM
Looked at logically the question of punishment devolves into two needs:

A. The need to punish / rehab the criminal in question.

B. The need to keep society safe from future repeats.

Case A. is going involve a long time with a therapist in this case. She is obviously not sane, given that she hauled the bodies of her dead babies from place to place. She may never be completely sane.

Case B. is tougher as she will probably always have mental issues.

A case could be made for her sterilization and subsequent incarceration in a mental institution. However, that is for the courts to decide.

As far as "more" of these types of cases happening. I believe that there are several factors at work. One is media always trumpets these cases on the front page. Another is that we have more population and the percentage of people who are criminally and homicidally insane is probably the same, but with more people there will be more cases. Lastly with more population there is a greater chance that these people will be discovered at some point.

Still, its a very sad thing.

Realist
Mar 16, 2010, 11:49 AM
I can't help but wonder what caused her to do these things?

Was she raised in a family that was extremely strict, opinionated, over-bearing?

Was religious fanaticism a factor?

Did someone, in a position of authority over her, give her ultimatums, threaten her if she became pregnant?

There's much more to this story, than we know!

I do believe in the death penalty, for some cases, but this woman appears to be truly insane and we need to know what lead her to these vile acts!

Donkey_burger
Mar 17, 2010, 9:49 AM
I can't help but wonder what caused her to do these things?

Was she raised in a family that was extremely strict, opinionated, over-bearing?

Was religious fanaticism a factor?

Did someone, in a position of authority over her, give her ultimatums, threaten her if she became pregnant?

There's much more to this story, than we know!

I do believe in the death penalty, for some cases, but this woman appears to be truly insane and we need to know what lead her to these vile acts!

I wish you wouldn't use the word "insane", but I agree with everybody else

Ewww, now Thats just Sick. I hope that bitch gets the needle....:eek::(
Replused Cat

Cat, there is no need to name call. Obvisouly, this women was in severe distress when all of this happened.

DB :bipride: