PDA

View Full Version : And now! for something completey different...

rdy2go
Mar 14, 2010, 10:39 AM
My last couple posts were not of a humorous nature, so along with the somber stuff one has to pepper it with laughter now and again, and this should make ya laff! :bigrin:
I was on the road for my work last week, and after a day that saw me drive for over 6 hours I was vegging in front of the TV in my hotel, when this came on the tube: Some sort of show about religion, so it seems that
Catholics have a patron Saint for everything, St Agnes of this, St. John of that etc. you get the idea. Anyway, being in a drained state of mind I watched because the remote was on the other side of the room, and I didn't have the energy to get up and change the channel, I'm glad I didn't because what came on next almost made me bust a gut. It seems that hookers have a patron saint as well, (and well they should) I was listening and thought, well that would be Mary Magdalene, because for years people thought she was a hooker. But it isn't her, the patron Saint of Hookers is Saint Nicholas! No shit! Santa Claus is the patron Saint of Hookers, OMF I thought it was so funny! No wonder the old boy says Ho, Ho, Ho! so much! Just thought I'd share my bits of useless funny stuff with ya!:bigrin::tongue::bigrin::tongue:

rissababynta
Mar 14, 2010, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=rdy2go;159422] No wonder the old boy says Ho, Ho, Ho! so much! QUOTE]

LMFAO wow that's great lol.

Hmmm, wonder how this came about anyway...like...who chose HIM lol.

rdy2go
Mar 14, 2010, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=rdy2go;159422] No wonder the old boy says Ho, Ho, Ho! so much! QUOTE]

LMFAO wow that's great lol.

Hmmm, wonder how this came about anyway...like...who chose HIM lol.

I googled it and I suppose if you want to search through it all you'll find out, who knew there was so much info on it?

MarieDelta
Mar 14, 2010, 11:36 AM
Ha! He's also the patron saint of pawnbrokers :tong:

And the traditional three balls above pawnshops are a symbol of St Nicholas (Santa Claus)

rdy2go
Mar 14, 2010, 11:56 AM
Ha! He's also the patron saint of pawnbrokers :tong:

And the traditional three balls above pawnshops are a symbol of St Nicholas (Santa Claus)

Also archers, theives (WTF?), students in some ountries and children in some countries, all this and running the toy shop too, hmm busy guy!

thatcher29
Mar 14, 2010, 12:25 PM
In the Sierra Madre of Mexico, they also have a (unofficial) patron saint of drug trafficking--Jesús Malverde. According to local legend, he was a bandit killed by authorities in 1909. His image is all over Northern Mexico and it's important to get his blessing before heading to Estados Unidos with a load of goods.

FalconAngel
Mar 14, 2010, 12:28 PM
Also archers, theives (WTF?), students in some ountries and children in some countries, all this and running the toy shop too, hmm busy guy!

Well, the old guy has to do something in his off-season. Idle hands and all that. :santa::bigrin::upside::smilies15:tong:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 14, 2010, 1:21 PM
LOL No wonder he knows who's naughty and who's nice, and knows where all of us bad girls live...lol
Cat, good girl....:rolleyes:

xtopherix
Mar 16, 2010, 6:15 PM
Huh, Santa is the rouge saint, I'll defiantly think of old St. Nick differently from now on. Just the other day, we were exploring cognition in Psychology, and the Professor asked us to name all the things that we think of when we think of Santa. If I had known this earlier, I would have totally said prostitution.

TwylaTwobits
Mar 17, 2010, 5:31 AM
ROFLMAO somehow that's just so fitting

Donkey_burger
Mar 17, 2010, 9:31 AM
It's nice to have an early morning chuckle.

DB :bipride: