PDA

View Full Version : The Pill: Good News?

darkeyes
Mar 12, 2010, 6:17 AM
my I haven't been on the pill for some years now, for I have felt no need to be for obvious reasons.. however, allowing for the fact that research is never quite flawless I found this a very interesting development.. it is however research done on a very large sample of women for a long number of years and the evidence does seem to suggest longer lives and less cancer among those on the pill...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8563606.stm

I havent looked into this any further than this article but with my personal medical history it may be that I reconsider my not using the pill.

Hephaestion
Mar 12, 2010, 10:37 AM
Wasn't there an increase chance of breast cancer for those on the pill a while back?

Perhaps the two conflicting stories are something to do with the formulation of the active ingredients and their intended mode of operation.

H.

darkeyes
Mar 12, 2010, 2:10 PM
Your right Heph. For some women the combined pill seems to increase their chances of gettin breast cancer. Thats not why I came off it, but my own brush with the disease certainly didnt encourage me to ever go back on it. However I do suffer from heavy periods which were much less when I was on the pill, but while I was always meticulous in taking it, it is for contraceptive purposes, redundant. I don't like taking anything if I don't have to... and I don't have to, so I don't.

Here's hoping tho sweetie.. it may be with my medical history it will be of no benefit... but then it might be... so a little extra research on my behalf and a chat with the family quack is in order, and also my consultant who I see in a couple of months anyway. Fingies crossed Heph..:)