PDA

View Full Version : New in town...

OmegaGray
Mar 7, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hello forum, my name is Chris. I just came out as bi-sexual about a month ago to a few close friends (mostly GSA members, so the reception was good). However, the whole process is new to me and I am currently living in unfamiliar and largely unfriendly territory when it comes to GLBT issues. Honestly, I'm happier for having allowed such a large, previously dormant part of me to see the light of day, but I have no idea how to proceed from here. I don't have a specific question (more like a thousand), nor do I really know what kind of responses to expect (if any), but I thought I would introduce myself. Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

thatcher29
Mar 7, 2010, 1:10 PM
Welcome Chris. For the most part, I think you'll find this site friendly and non-judgmental. Accepting yourself as bisexual is the first step but this is a very complex subject and there's probably almost as many different ways to express yourself as there are people. May I suggest a book--"The Bisexuals Guide to the Universe". It's written with a sense of humor.

TwylaTwobits
Mar 7, 2010, 1:14 PM
Welcome to the site, I hope you find it as informative and fun as I did.

Realist
Mar 7, 2010, 1:34 PM
Welcome Gray

I suggest you read past forums and observe for a while, then when you get the gist of things jump in.

Most of the members are bright, astute, folks who are similar to yourself. I'm sure you'll find those with whom you can relate.

There's some trolls, too, so if anyone irritates you, just put them on "Ignore". There's several on my list...I just don't want to hear what they have to say.

I hope you'll find this site as informative and user-friendly as I do.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 7, 2010, 1:42 PM
Waves a friendly paw. Hi Sugar. Welcome Home. Just kick back and read and watch for a bit, then just in and get involved, ask questions and get to us..and you. :}
Cat
Everybody's feline

nbboy1123
Mar 7, 2010, 1:42 PM
Welcome to the group!

onewhocares
Mar 7, 2010, 4:28 PM
Wanted to send you a warm welcome from Boston. Hope you find a new place to explore and to learn from all us old folks here.

Belle

OmegaGray
Mar 7, 2010, 4:42 PM
Just wanted to say a quick thank you for all the kind words, advice, and encouragement. Reading your posts has been a huge pick-me-up. ^_^

Billys_gurl
Mar 7, 2010, 7:36 PM
Hello Gray. As a newer member, I can tell you that this is THE BEST place to learn more about yourself, and your life. MOST of the people here are really supportive, nice, honest, and sweet. There are a few, the 'trolls', that just like to be mean and make you feel bad so they can feel good. Take Realists' advice and set them to ignore when they pop up. The great thing here is if you have questions, or problems you can ask. We give advice, whether you use it or not is up to you. :cool: Be cool and welcome home!

Donkey_burger
Mar 7, 2010, 8:40 PM
Welcome home!

DB :bipride: