PDA

View Full Version : am i being selfish

garylovesfun
Feb 24, 2010, 11:55 AM
Hi all im Gary. I want to know if anyone else on here feels the same as me, so here it goes. I'm in a happy loving relationship with my partner of 2 years however i am constantly thinking about my first true love and at times think i still love her more than my current partner even though i haven't seen her for years. Is this selfish,wrong, am i still lusting after her because i really dont know anymore im that confused. I dont know what i hope to gain from placing this thread but all your comments would be helpfull.

Gary

TwylaTwobits
Feb 24, 2010, 12:06 PM
Okay time for a bit of brutal honesty. From your profile you are 18, you have been in a relationship for 2 years and are longing for your ex you haven't seen in years.....

That meant you were 16 when you got with current partner, so how old were you when you were with your ex? Sometimes we think about the first person that made us feel alive in a special way for the rest of our lives. But there is a time to realize that you have a partner now....have had for 2 years. If you have no intention of leaving this partner because you loved the other one "more" then you need to examine your relationships with both.

Personally, I think in this case your youth works against you, and as time passes you realize that sometimes the grass might be greener on the other side but some cows should chew the cud at home, tastes the same.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Feb 24, 2010, 3:23 PM
Just my humble 2 cents sweetie, but yes, you Are being selfish and horribly unfair to your current lady. Its not right to keep pining for a long ago lover, and not right for your lady, either.
Place the other ones memory on a special shelf in your mind, and leave her there. Concentrate on the one you've got right there in front of you. Live for now and let thew past be what it is..the Past. :}
Good luck
Cat