PDA

View Full Version : Good News! -Women-only pharmacy reverses policy excluding trans women

MarieDelta
Feb 21, 2010, 6:30 PM
North America's first women-only pharmacy has quietly reversed its controversial "women born women" policy to allow transsexual women through its doors.

On Jan 16, the Vancouver Women's Health Collective (VWHC), which operates Lu's: A Pharmacy for Women at 29 E Hastings St, made the decision to drop its "women-born" policy to include women who "self-indentify," says April English, a volunteer member of the collective.

The VWHC has yet to release an official statement announcing its decision, but English says one is forthcoming.

http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/Womenonly_pharmacy_reverses_policy_excluding_trans _women-8271.aspx

:bigrin:

onewhocares
Feb 21, 2010, 8:07 PM
Moving forward....ONE Victory at a time.

Belle

Donkey_burger
Feb 22, 2010, 12:18 AM
W00T! Equality for all!

DB :bipride:

TwylaTwobits
Feb 22, 2010, 3:16 AM
If we had equality for everyone which is not going to happen and is just a pipe dream there would not be a pharmacy that is for "women only" even the wo"men" with fake vaginas.

I agreed with you up until the last six words. Yes there shouldn't be a separation for men/women in regards to anything other than bathrooms. But life is what it is and there will always be someone who is unhappy they can't go somewhere "exclusive"

I remember LDD telling me about a smoker's only club in NZ. Non smokers had a fit because they weren't welcome, they took them to court for their "right" to sit in a smoker's restaurant. Then pretty much killed off the business as they sat and complained loudly over the smoke.

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

MarieDelta
Feb 22, 2010, 9:56 AM
The women born women policy has been used to exclude trans-women in other women only events. While these events exclude trans-women they often are inclusive of trans-men. Illustrating the point that they aren't allies of the trans community in any shape.

They do not respect our identities & they aren't our friends.

http://www.sheerchaos.org/comics/camptransfury/ctf1.htm

Please bear in mind that this wasnt done through use of lawyers, but through peaceful protest and awareness raising.