PDA

View Full Version : Texas DOT :)

TwylaTwobits
Feb 18, 2010, 3:49 PM
A guy goes to the Texas Department Of Transportation Office to apply for a job.
The interviewer asks him, "Are you allergic to anything?"
He replies, "Yes- caffeine."
"Have you ever been in the military service? "Yes," he says "I was in Iraq for two years." The interviewer says,"That will give you 5 extra points toward employment."
Then he asks,"Are you disabled in any way?" The guy says,"Yes.A bomb exploded near me and I lost both of my testicles.
The interviewer grimaces and then says, "O.K. You've got enough points for me to hire you right now. Our normal hours are from 8:00 A.M. To 4:00 P.M. You can start tomorrow at 10:00 - and plan on starting at 10:00 A.M. Every day."

The guy is puzzled and asks, "If the work hours are from 8:00 A.M. To 4:00 P.M., why don't you want me to here until 10:00 A.M.?"

"This is a government job," the inter-viewer says, "For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that.".

rissababynta
Feb 18, 2010, 4:47 PM
LMFAO...It's all true too!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Feb 18, 2010, 5:52 PM
Wait, I thought that was California...? lol
Cat

FalconAngel
Feb 18, 2010, 10:04 PM
Wait, I thought that was California...? lol
Cat

Nope, it's Florida.

TwylaTwobits
Feb 18, 2010, 10:18 PM
While reading that in the email, I was sure it was Kentucky.

Realist
Feb 18, 2010, 10:24 PM
As a retired Simple Serpant, I resent that!

TwylaTwobits
Feb 19, 2010, 10:24 AM
Which part, Realist? Giving up the caffiene or scratching the balls? :tongue:

Bisexual Explorer
Feb 19, 2010, 11:09 AM
Guys...until you've dealt with Trenton (as in NJ) you have no idea what civil service (an oxymoron if ever there was one, nothing civil about these folks) is like.

Great joke, but what does it have to do with being bisexual?

allbimyself
Feb 19, 2010, 2:01 PM
"In a modern society 'civil servant' is semantically equal with 'civil master.'"

johnnyeasy
Feb 19, 2010, 2:39 PM
People......May I RESPECTFULLy inform you that last year, PENNDot, the Pennsylvania dept. of transportation went on strike? There was an acute shortage of shovels....so half the guys had NOTHING to lean on!

TwylaTwobits
Feb 19, 2010, 4:10 PM
Guys...until you've dealt with Trenton (as in NJ) you have no idea what civil service (an oxymoron if ever there was one, nothing civil about these folks) is like.

Great joke, but what does it have to do with being bisexual?

Umm...gee does everything on this forum have to do with being bisexual? It's a community for bisexual people, their straight partners, gay and lesbians and trans can all come together and be a community. There are plenty of other threads regarding the ups and downs and ins and outs of being in this world. Just relax and take a joke when it comes along :)