PDA

View Full Version : So...I'm New Here...

iBiGuy
Feb 13, 2010, 1:03 AM
I'm new. I've just within the last 48 hours admitted to myself that I like guys. It wasn't an easy admission. I could go for years convinced of my own heterosexuality, but then I'd meet someone who, for whatever reason, I was attracted to. I seem to have a preference for skinny pretty nerdy guys. Finally, I just couldn't stand lying to myself anymore. I had to admit to myself what I am, and accept myself for it.

So, I'm still struggling with the idea of being into guys. I never thought about sex with them before because I didn't really think that I'd be into it, or that it would discuss me. Turns out I'm turned on. So there you go, world. I like guys. Great community you guys have here.

Long Duck Dong
Feb 13, 2010, 2:03 AM
disgust is the word he was thinking of

iBiGuy
Feb 13, 2010, 2:30 AM
Yes, it was disgust. I don't know how I did that. I've been in kind of a fog lately. Anyway, I'm 29 and pretty much just figured it out. Great support group here. I think I'll enjoy it for awhile.

onewhocares
Feb 13, 2010, 5:05 AM
First and Foremost....WELCOME. Glad that you have found this site. Everyone comes to terms with their sexuality at and in their own good time. Your time has now come. Hope you find this site helpful and a support. Many are or have been in your shoes. Come into chat and meet folks when you can.

Belle

black_squirrel
Feb 13, 2010, 5:31 AM
"I seem to have a preference for skinny pretty nerdy guys"

Same here - we should start a Skinny Pretty Nerdy Guys Fan Cub!

Realist
Feb 13, 2010, 7:55 AM
Oh good! You take the skinny ones.............

Can I have just one chubby, nerdy guy, or girl, then?

My GF and I could use a playmate!

MarieDelta
Feb 13, 2010, 11:19 AM
Welcome!!

http://blogs.curtin.edu.au/cv/files/2009/10/welcome2.jpg

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Feb 13, 2010, 1:20 PM
lol Welcome to the family, Darlin, and more importantly, welcome to You. :}
Cat ;)
Everybody's Feline

void()
Feb 13, 2010, 1:57 PM
"Oh joy, yet another convert. Put him in the dungeon with all the skinny nerdy guys we keep hacking away at the world domination engine. ... Oh wait, he'd like that. On second thought, put him in the attic with Chunk!"

In all seriousness, if I can be that for a few seconds, welcome aboard. You'll find a great family here. Even when I get really steamed and threaten to run away to join the circus, these guys drag me back home. For lack of better terms, they keep us straight on this site. Void hugs, then drifts off.

iBiGuy
Feb 13, 2010, 8:23 PM
Thanks for the kindness everyone. I have to be selective who I come out to, and you guys were a really safe refuge. Thank you all so much!

Falling Leaves
Feb 14, 2010, 1:26 AM
a breath of freedom can be a welcome change in your life!!!

iBiGuy
Feb 14, 2010, 1:36 AM
and I noticed. It's awesome! You guys rock.

BLCHGK777
Feb 14, 2010, 2:01 AM
Welcome this site is great so have fun(?) :)

TheBisexualProfessor
Feb 15, 2010, 11:03 AM
Give yourself time and space! Enjoy the friendship and good advice you can receive here, but always reflect ....:)

Donkey_burger
Feb 16, 2010, 12:20 AM
Welcome to the family!

Like all online communities, we have a few trolls here. I'd recommend not paying attention to them (you may find that all members are gifted with an "ignore list"--useful tool), even if other members choose to.

You win brownie points with some (but not all members, not me certainly) members if you fill out your profile or "personal ad" completely.

Other than that, we are one large, loud, eccentric, happy family! Jump on in, and feel free to ask a lot of questions!

DB :bipride:

KevsBi
Feb 16, 2010, 10:21 AM
Welcome!
Being a bisexual male has never been really accepted in our society and its nice to be around like-minded individuals. I always passed off my attraction to the same sex as 'something that would go away' but I've come to accept the fact that it will never go away and I'm cool with it.
Lots of great people and advice here. :kay:

dman82
Feb 16, 2010, 5:50 PM
Always freaky when you first come out. I know it was for me considering religion of my mom's family and the religion of my dad's family. But you know what, if you are religious and someone finds out about you and gives you hell use my line. "Well I will see you in hell then since you are judging me." Then just walk away.

wildwestgoob
Feb 20, 2010, 10:25 AM
Welcome iBiGuy....
Hope you are finally starting to thaw out over there in Oklahoma, still have snow on the ground over here in N.W. Arkansas.

Feel free to jump in and ask questions (start new topics) I know there are some who will seem perturbed at you for asking a question that has been asked before, but they can just skip that topic if they dont like it!

Ask away, there are no stupid questions. If you dont ask, you'll never know right?

Welcome to the group, take your shoes off, sit a spell...:cool: