PDA

View Full Version : A Chance Meeting in a Pub.

darkeyes
Feb 7, 2010, 12:54 PM
Kate and I took the kids to a pub today for Sunday lunch. And very nice it was too. We had just finish dessert and I was wiping the Ice cream off Lou's face when a strange guy walked up and prodded me on the shoulder. "Hello short arse" he says, "its been a long time". I turned to face him and looked up and for the life of me I hadnt a clue who he was. The quizzicle look on my face gave the game away and he tells me who he is. Well.. you could have knocked me down with a feather. Tall, handsome with a gr8 physique. Not my first love exactly.. never that.. but my first...

You can imagine the look on my face... yes I was pleased to see him.. don't usually hold grudges and its been 12 or 13 years since we last met. He didnt stop to talk long but as he said goodbye he ended with "Take care, Midge". UUuughhhhhh! How often have I seethed when called that??? And when I remember the plooky faced guy he was when we were kids I began to seethe even more.. God I must have been desperate.. Kate smiled demurely as she does and said as he disappeared out the door "Well I would..... " :eek: