PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY my journey is almost OVER!

rissababynta
Jan 25, 2010, 12:12 AM
I spoke to the doctor recently about my weight problem. We sat down and had a VERY long talk. Most of you know why I've been having a problem with weight, but for those of you who don't, here it is...I used to have a bit of a problem with eating disorders when I was younger. I've never been a big eater, but at one point I took it too far. What I did to myself was horrible. In the end, all I did was fuck up my metabolism and my eatin schedules. For the past 10 years, I've never been on a normal eating schedule. Don't get me wrong, I eat VERY healthy, but if you only eat one healthy meal a day, or none at all, that will REALLY mess you up. My body has been in a pseudo "anorexic" state for years, which means that everything I eat causes my body to snatch up every little calorie.

Well, the doctor was happy that I had finally managed to change my diet from not only eating everyday but eating twice a day now. Not perfect, but much better than before. However, he is still not completely happy that I'm moving at such a slow rate so he decided to put me on Alli. He told me that since Alli prevents some of the calories to be absorbed by the body, that my body would be unable to do what it's been doing this whole time because I'm giving it barely any calories to latch onto. I've known quite a few people who have been on the Alli diet and pill and they have been VERY happy so I decided to go for it. He feels that while taking the pill, it will help my body get back into the rythm of a normal metabolism while I work on getting onto s normal eating schedule.

Well boys and girls, it's been a week now and I've lost about 8 pounds. I am already feeling healthier than I have in a while and I am absolutely THRILLED that I have found a doctor that will actually listen to me and think about what we can do together as a team to make things work. I am so happy to be able to share with you all that my ten year battle with my metabolism is almost over and I couldn't be happier! Good things come to those who wait...and a little persistance sometimes doesn't hurt haha.

I urge each and every one of you that if there is something about yourself that you don't like, or you just want to change, GO FOR IT...even if it means going to someone for a little extra help. Life is too short to mope about things that we actually can change and there is nothing wrong with people living their life as happy as they possibly can be! I just wish that I had found a doctor like this sooner so I could have ended this suffering a long as time ago...

Ok, my emotional rant is over. You all may continue on with your regularly scheduled program.

And yes I'm aware that this thread will probably be hijacked by some jerk, but I'm am way too happy right now to give a shit. So bring it on trolls, you're not going to be bringing me down anytime soon:bigrin:

tenni
Jan 25, 2010, 12:17 AM
I'm happy for you rissa!!! I hope things continue to work positively for you. I have a sister cousin(bio cousin but raised as my sister). She has had similar problems since her teens due to extreme dieting and her metabolism went wild too. Anyway, congrats!

rissababynta
Jan 25, 2010, 12:19 AM
Thank you Tenni! I hope things have worked out for your family member too.

tenni
Jan 25, 2010, 12:23 AM
Well, she is still struggling but improving. This started a long time ago and they didn't have all of these more successful medications to help. I won't go into the details but say that she is healthier than she was five years ago.

TwylaTwobits
Jan 25, 2010, 12:26 AM
Awesome Rissa hon just awesome to hear. Many hugs and well wishes and you go girls coming from here.

Long Duck Dong
Jan 25, 2010, 12:40 AM
oh oh oh we need bikini pics when you are at your perfect weight...... the compliments will be heart felt and so will be the drooling....lol

rissababynta
Jan 25, 2010, 1:05 AM
First of all LDD, untill I can get things nipped and tucked, that will not be happening anytime soon haha.

Cum...I have never heard of any kind of cookie diet. I'm going to have to look into it. Sounds like any other diet that doesn't work for people.

As for the smoking, yes I am. I also got a prescription for patches the other day and as soon as I finish up the last of my cigs, I'm starting on that. Probably this weekend.

eddy10
Jan 25, 2010, 1:43 AM
Rissa,

Do not finish the pack. Set it somewhere you can see it everyday as a reminder that you have beat the habit and do not need them anymore.

Good luck ... Eddy

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 25, 2010, 3:50 AM
Whoo hoo! Congrats babygirl! I am So proud of you!
But now..since you wont be an "Obese Sistah" anymore, I shall hafta bear the brunt of Trollism all by myself, bravely, valiantly...*Rolling eyes*
You GO Girl! And dont let Anybody make your happy have a sad!:bigrin:
Cat

still_shy
Jan 25, 2010, 8:31 AM
Way to go Rissa :D I'm going through the same things right now so if you ever need a shoulder, I'm here.

About two months ago, my doctor diagnosed and treated a thyroid problem. I was stupid enough to think that it would completely solve my weight issues and the pounds would just fall off of me. Two weeks ago, I finally became fed up and started working out at the gym here at school. Last week, I lost 6 pounds!!!! I've changed my eating habits, unlike you, I was a binger. Already my blood pressure has gone down and I feel better as well :D

Good luck, you certainly deserve it!!

rissababynta
Jan 25, 2010, 10:05 AM
Rissa,

Do not finish the pack. Set it somewhere you can see it everyday as a reminder that you have beat the habit and do not need them anymore.

Good luck ... Eddy

LOL Well if I do that then I won't quit.

rissababynta
Jan 25, 2010, 10:09 AM
Cat, no matter what my body looks like I will ALWAYS be an obese sistah! LOL I guess kind of like "once a marine, always a marine..." lmfao! Nice comparison...I know...

And shy...that is absolutely wonderful! I'm so happy that you are doing well and beginning to feel better. If you ever want to throw a bitch fit over not being able to eat something yummy like chinese (hmmm, chinese...) give me a call haha.

still_shy
Jan 25, 2010, 10:25 AM
mmmm chinese hehe I'm mentally throwing a bitch fit as I type...plus I'm getting ready to go to the gym...enough to piss a girl off LOL

rissababynta
Jan 25, 2010, 10:32 AM
mmmm chinese hehe I'm mentally throwing a bitch fit as I type...plus I'm getting ready to go to the gym...enough to piss a girl off LOL

OH yeah...I know how you feel. I just depressed myself haha.

still_shy
Jan 25, 2010, 10:35 AM
BTW I feel ya on quitting smoking...I need to quit as well but damn, I don't think I can give up everything at once. I might need some stronger nerve pills LOL

BLCHGK777
Jan 25, 2010, 10:39 AM
Awesome news I hope you will post when your journey is over :)

rissababynta
Jan 25, 2010, 10:42 AM
BTW I feel ya on quitting smoking...I need to quit as well but damn, I don't think I can give up everything at once. I might need some stronger nerve pills LOL

LOL I've been saying that for some time. I enjoy my smokes too much. However, with how much money it costs and the simple fact that...hello...it's not healthy, I decided that something had to be done. I've been speaking to my husband about it for a while, but he hasn't been ready to quit, and I knew that if he was still smoking, everytime I smelled it on him I'd go into a fit. However, he is going to be leaving soon so I figure now would probably be the best time to be able to quit, since I only have to worry about myself and what I'm doing.

When you are ready though, I definitely recommend not doing it alone though. Whether you choose to go to someone for an aid like I have done or you go at it cold turkey, make sure you have someone to talk to about it. It makes it easier. I also have some very good methods to help people quit which I had to write a little program for when I was studying for my pschology classes. If you ever need an ear during that time, I would be more than eager to help you since I know how much it can such giving up something that you enjoy haha.

MarieDelta
Jan 25, 2010, 10:49 AM
Glad to hear it! Good news!

Keepin' my fingers crossed for you!

rissababynta
Jan 25, 2010, 3:43 PM
Glad to hear it! Good news!

Keepin' my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Marie! You might want to cross your toes too lol.

Giggles100
Jan 25, 2010, 3:52 PM
That's cool news babes! Glad to hear your making moves towards a healthier you :bigrin:!

I lost about 2 stones over the past year. The day a sweet guy referred to me as "pretty damn cute" was the day I smiled all the way home :bigrin:! Keep going sister you'll get there!

onewhocares
Jan 25, 2010, 8:33 PM
Whoo hoo! Congrats babygirl! I am So proud of you!
But now..since you wont be an "Obese Sistah" anymore, I shall hafta bear the brunt of Trollism all by myself, bravely, valiantly...*Rolling eyes*
You GO Girl! And dont let Anybody make your happy have a sad!:bigrin:
Cat

Well CAT...Guess you and I shall be the fabulous fodder for the troll. We each have to do our best to stay happy and healthy..no matter the size.

Belle

12voltman59
Jan 25, 2010, 8:40 PM
Glad to hear that your dispositon has changed and you are feeling better about things----as to the weight loss---

GO GIRL!!!!:bigrin::bigrin:

AdamKadmon43
Jan 25, 2010, 10:20 PM
Good for you Rissa.... I am happy for you.

I have exactly the opposite problem. I am pathetically puny and skinney. I can not get to a normal weight no matter how much food I shovel into myself.

One might not think that would not be a problem but, trust me, IT IS.......... I do not have normal energy, and I have little physical resources to fight off illness. It makes me very self-conscious and lowers my self-esteem (especially when the big guys kick sand in my face at the beach). And people look at you as if you are diseased or something.

If I had been given a choice between obesity and punyness.... I think I would have chosen the former.

Ain't life just truly great in this best of all possible worlds...

Canticle
Jan 25, 2010, 11:25 PM
Well done Rissa. I hope the weight loss will continue. It's certainly not about dieting, but eating sensibly. That's the way to go and you may actually find yourself eating more, just more of the right stuff.

Since 2006 I have lost over 100lbs.....100lbs which I should never have gained, but these things happen and I am just grateful that the weight came off....for I was unwell and it was not me.

I think we are born with a certain metabolism and mine has always been a rather slow one. I was never fat...obese...whatever one likes to call it. When I was a teenager, because I was a bigger girl, well built, but not obese, I got called fat.

I didn't slim down to what would have been called an average weight until I was 22 and without trying. I stayed around about that weight, until my daughter was born....then the weight went on.

Things happen in our life and something caused me to have focus and I lost a lot of weight, just by eating three meals a day.....but then I lost the focus...put the weight back on and more. It took me another four years to get the focus back.

Since 2006 I've lost that 100lbs plus and it is rather amaing to see oneself re-emerge and then comes the clothes buying and finding one has a waist...again. However, when you lose the weight at gone 50 and the hormones are not raging, as they once were, one is left with other problems.....the dreaded loose skin. I hated to look at my body before...and I hate to look at it now....but the price is worth paying.

I remember all of my bras getting too big and I went to buy new ones and wanted pretty ones. The pretty ones just pushed a bunch of loose flesh up, which had me in tears. I went away, howled quietly for about an hour, into my coffee and then thought.....''Hold on, if I can lose this much weight, I can cope with the loose skin'' I went back to the store and asked to try on the same make of sensible bra that I had before and guess what.....no loose skin gathered together.

Since then I have lost even more weight.....and have given up on bras altogether.

The physical problems I had before losing weight are still there...I still have a bad back.....but I am not screaming with pain. I still have the oedema in my feet and legas, in fact it's got worse and I am suffering at the moment, but i have to think...what it would be like if i weighed 100lbs more.

Now is the time for you to lose that weight, for you are still very young and have youth on your side. I have actually lost more weight than I wanted, but my body does what it wants now, no matter what I eat.

If I could have my time over again and choose my body type....I would definitely choose puny and skinny over obese. It pleases me that my children are slim and healthy and in fact, I was the only one to inherit my paternal grandmother's and aunt's big hips and chunky legs.....but that we have no say in.

I really do hope you will be successful with this weight loss....but because YOU want it and no one else. There are many bigger ladies who are perfectly healthy and very active and have no need, or want to lose weight. Those ladies are happy, confident and as beautiful as any slim woman. For others, it is necessary to lose the weight, for health reasons....so good luck. You are already a very beautiful young woman, inside and out....I'm sure that will not change.

Best of luck.

Georgie_Girl
Jan 26, 2010, 9:06 AM
Good luck, Rissa! I know you can do it. :)

rissababynta
Jan 26, 2010, 10:07 AM
Good for you Rissa.... I am happy for you.

I have exactly the opposite problem. I am pathetically puny and skinney. I can not get to a normal weight no matter how much food I shovel into myself.

One might not think that would not be a problem but, trust me, IT IS.......... I do not have normal energy, and I have little physical resources to fight off illness. It makes me very self-conscious and lowers my self-esteem (especially when the big guys kick sand in my face at the beach). And people look at you as if you are diseased or something.

If I had been given a choice between obesity and punyness.... I think I would have chosen the former.

Ain't life just truly great in this best of all possible worlds...

I have many friends that are very skinny who have had the same problem. They tell me all the time that they are jealous of me because I have curves and look healthy. The only time I was very thin and unhealthy looking was when I was in the middle of my eating disorders, but I haven't had to live my life struggling with gaining weight and I'm sure it can be just as frustrating as a bigger person trying to lose the pounds.

rissababynta
Jan 28, 2010, 11:01 AM
OH MY GOD I tried the nicotine patch and after one I have decided NEVER AGAIN! I'm currently talking to the doc about other options. It was horrible! So yeah...still a smoker for the time being...

911amanda
Feb 1, 2010, 11:57 AM
OH MY GOD I tried the nicotine patch and after one I have decided NEVER AGAIN! I'm currently talking to the doc about other options. It was horrible! So yeah...still a smoker for the time being...
Develop strong personal reasons in addition to your health and obligations to others. For example, think of all the time you waste taking cigarette breaks, rushing out to buy a pack, hunting for a light, etc.

rissababynta
Feb 1, 2010, 1:06 PM
Develop strong personal reasons in addition to your health and obligations to others. For example, think of all the time you waste taking cigarette breaks, rushing out to buy a pack, hunting for a light, etc.

Well, none of that applies considering that I cherish my cigarette breaks during the day since that is usually the only rest I get throughout the day, I never rush out to buy packs, and I have lighters all over the damn place haha. I've tried that method before, trying to psych myself out of not smoking. Hasn't worked. Only worked during my pregnancies.

On another note though, I just weighed myself last night and I'm down four more pounds from my previous weight. Yay

still_shy
Feb 1, 2010, 1:12 PM
Way to go!!!! As for the smoking, give it time and you'll find what works for you to help you quit. Don't stress over it, you'll get there. (coming from another smoker who hasn't found what works yet LOL)

rissababynta
Feb 1, 2010, 1:44 PM
Way to go!!!! As for the smoking, give it time and you'll find what works for you to help you quit. Don't stress over it, you'll get there. (coming from another smoker who hasn't found what works yet LOL)

Well, before I try anything else (whether it be medication or strictly on my own) I'm going to wait til after my husband leaves. He's going to be leaving any day now, and the stress and emotions having to do with that is too much without trying to add the tension of quiting haha.

I heard of something the other day though Shy. Don't know if you've seen anything about it. It's called EasyQuit system. I thought it had to be a joke cause all it is is a book. I looked up reviews for those who have done it, and after going to a couple of websites, I really didn't see anyone saying that it didn't work. Supposedly it's a book set up the same way that the psychologists use for people in behavioral health and addiction clinics. From what a few reviewers said, everytime you want to smoke, you read some of the book and it kind of "slaps you in the face" and then you don't want to smoke anymore. I'm still a little skeptical, even with the positive reviews, but I'm thinking about buying it anyway. If anything, it will be an interesting read and I love books haha.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Feb 1, 2010, 6:06 PM
lol A sweetie of mine is using that Electronic Cigetette thingie, and I guess its helping him. Hey as long as it works, thats the important thing. Keep up the good work, Girlfriend. :}
Hugzzz
Cat

Billys_gurl
Feb 1, 2010, 8:21 PM
Rissa, Cat, you aren't alone in the 'obese sistah' department. I, too, am in that category. So, if it makes me troll fodder BRING IT ON!

rissababynta
Feb 1, 2010, 8:37 PM
Welcome to the club lol

tenni
Feb 1, 2010, 9:11 PM
Good for you!! I wish you continued success :bigrin:

You mention in your first post about a pill and a diet. Is there an actual plan as to what to eat or is it all done by the pill suppressing your appetite and preventing your body from absorbing the calories?

Doggie_Wood
Feb 1, 2010, 9:15 PM
Rissa,

Good luck ... Eddy

LOL Well if I do that then I won't quit.

Rissa babes - eddy is correct in what he said - 18 years ago I quit smoking cigs after 25 years - then a year and a half ago I started smoking cigars - and the nicotene has got me again.
Then in Dec I contracted bronchitis (again) - the cigars made me cough so hard I was convulsing and my chest and sides ached so bad - on Dec 23rd I didn't want to hurt anymore, but I wanted a smoke. After not smoking for 5 days - I lit a Tatiana Cigarillo, smoked half and threw it out the window cause it tasted nasty - later that day during a work break, I lit another, smoked about half and again threw the rest out cause, you guessed it, tasted nasty. The next day, lit another. Smoked less than half and threw it out - cause it tasted like an ashtry in my mouth, ewwww friggin nasty! I have several "fine Dominican cigars" in my humidor and an unopened pack of Miami Sweets cigars on my dresser. I see 'em every morning when I get up and every night before I go to bed.
If I want them, they are there - but - just for today, I will not smoke those cigars. Maybe tomorrow but not today. At midnight, tomorrow becomes today, and like I said - just for today, I will not smoke those cigars.

You CAN do it Rissa babe.

Doggie :doggie:

rissababynta
Feb 1, 2010, 9:19 PM
Good for you!! I wish you continued success :bigrin:

You mention in your first post about a pill and a diet. Is there an actual plan as to what to eat or is it all done by the pill suppressing your appetite and preventing your body from absorbing the calories?

The pill is not an appetite suppresant like other so called "diet pills" on the market. It simply does not allow a portion of the fat and calories to be absorbed by your body. You also have to follow a diet plan and exercise regularly. If you do not follow the diet and exercise, you will see little results and most likely be miserable as hell because the side effects of eating more fat than you should can be hell haha. Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with any of that.

rissababynta
Feb 1, 2010, 9:22 PM
Rissa babes - eddy is correct in what he said - 18 years ago I quit smoking cigs after 25 years - then a year and a half ago I started smoking cigars - and the nicotene has got me again.
Then in Dec I contracted bronchitis (again) - the cigars made me cough so hard I was convulsing and my chest and sides ached so bad - on Dec 23rd I didn't want to hurt anymore, but I wanted a smoke. After not smoking for 5 days - I lit a Tatiana Cigarillo, smoked half and threw it out the window cause it tasted nasty - later that day during a work break, I lit another, smoked about half and again threw the rest out cause, you guessed it, tasted nasty. The next day, lit another. Smoked less than half and threw it out - cause it tasted like an ashtry in my mouth, ewwww friggin nasty! I have several "fine Dominican cigars" in my humidor and an unopened pack of Miami Sweets cigars on my dresser. I see 'em every morning when I get up and every night before I go to bed.
If I want them, they are there - but - just for today, I will not smoke those cigars. Maybe tomorrow but not today. At midnight, tomorrow becomes today, and like I said - just for today, I will not smoke those cigars.

You CAN do it Rissa babe.

Doggie :doggie:

That's wonderful that you have done well in your smoking battle, but it is a joke to think that I can just put a pack of cigs somewhere in the house and not touch them. If I could do that, I wouldn't have the problem to begin with would I ;) If someone can do that, that is wonderful. But that's not for me.

rissababynta
Feb 2, 2010, 12:03 AM
By the way, I decided to spice up my work out routine and do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...dear God I thought I was going to pass out...no wonder why she works for The Biggest Loser haha.

still_shy
Feb 2, 2010, 1:42 PM
I know what you mean...I've been doing a workout called "The Firm" and I swear to god the first time I did it, I had a heart attack :) It was awful, I cussed at the TV and panted and sweat, then after a week, weighed myself and decided maybe it was worth it!