PDA

View Full Version : absent members

locotom
Jan 12, 2010, 4:43 PM
hi i was looking through the members lists and was amazed to how many people were listed that have obviously left the site as they havent visited the site in 5 years i would have thought it would have been better to put those members who havent visited in say six months into a separate section then maybe after a year delete their accounts it would save time if your just leafing through the members lists, i mean if they want to rejoin its easy enough, just a thought

_Joe_
Jan 12, 2010, 4:55 PM
But some of those people have nice nudes, why would you take that way from those folks bored and surfing late at night ?! WHY! ? WHYYYYY????

12voltman59
Jan 12, 2010, 5:11 PM
But some of those people have nice nudes, why would you take that way from those folks bored and surfing late at night ?! WHY! ? WHYYYYY????

Oh Joe----you provide such humor!

I think that about 95% of those people on our membership rolls--about all they ever did here was to put up their profiles--and they never wound up ever going to chat or posting on the forum---I don't know what they were thinking--I guess they thought this site was one like AdultFriendFinder, BiCupid and other sites more along the lines of being a pure hook up site.

Just imagine if we had even say 20 percent of those numbers who were active members----it really would be hard to chat in the chat room--the board would go by so fast---you wouldn't be able to read it!!! It might be fun--but then again---the site proably woulda melted down it was so busy!!!

fredtyg
Jan 12, 2010, 6:05 PM
i would have thought it would have been better to put those members who havent visited in say six months into a separate section then maybe after a year delete their accounts

I agree. Getting rid of the deadwood would make the list much more usable.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 12, 2010, 7:06 PM
Ok Gentlemen, then write to Drew and ofer your services at "Clearing out the deadwood" so to speak. I'm sure he'd be happy to get some help from well meaning and helpful folk such as yourselves. :}
Kudos to you. ;)
Cat

_Joe_
Jan 12, 2010, 8:51 PM
I assume Drew has access directly into the Database, where you could do an easy display by "last date logged in", and purge anyone that hasn't logged in since ...say, last 2 years.

I had to do it on an old forum, and had to delete them one batch at a time what was on the screen since I wasn't good at PHP coding. Only downside is if you saw old threads where they posted - it would do an UKNOWN Poster name.

jem_is_bi
Jan 12, 2010, 10:54 PM
I don't have any trouble determining that you don't exist here any more.
I just have trouble remembering if you existed here at all without weekly reminders that you do.
It must be that age thing affecting my memory.