PDA

View Full Version : Best to get involved with another bi?

tenni
Jan 9, 2010, 2:23 PM
" I do prefer relationships with like minded Bi people though as we all understand each other."

Someone,....ok it was Giggles, made this statement on another thread.

What are the plus(good things) about being in a relationship with another bi? (rather than a straight or gay?)

What are the minus(bad things) about being in a relationship with another bi? (rather than a straight or gay?)

What would be an interesting fact about being in a relationship with another bi (rather than a straight or gay)?

If you did a plus, minus, or interesting fact breakdown about being in a relationship, would it come out as best to get into a relationship:

a/ with another bisexual?
b/ a gay ?
c/ a straight?
d/ doesn't matter

Giggles100
Jan 9, 2010, 2:34 PM
Why does it matter? Its my personal preference?

That sounds scarily like a comment a non Bi/Gay person would make (ie: doesn't understand what being Bi/Gay is like)

No one can understand what goes through the mind of a Bi person like another Bi person.

Just my :2cents:

engineerboy
Jan 9, 2010, 2:42 PM
the worst thing about being bi..........my bf's steal my undies!

rissababynta
Jan 9, 2010, 2:44 PM
We've actually gone over this in another thread in the past. Everyone seemed to have the same basic idea in mind of why they enjoy being with another bi person: The understanding.

It's true, no one understands the thoughts, feelings, and emotions of a bisexual person than another bisexual person. If a bisexual person sits down with their straight partner and explains that they are having bi urges and would like to explor with another individual, it can go one of two ways: really well or really bad. If the partner was not straight but bi, the chance of them being ok with that and being much more understanding is fairly high.

The only negative I could see would be if one of the people in the relationship was a bit over the top and used their bisexuality to be able to play all the time with multiple partners and increases the chances of jealousy and relationship problems and possible diseases being spread from going around and fucking too many people simply because they have the go ahead.

tenni
Jan 9, 2010, 3:13 PM
Giggles
Don't get sensitive. I happen to have thought the same thing many times. I'm wondering about the parameters and other views.

Yes, Rissa...good points.....I thought that an "old timer" or one with a better memory than me would say "we talked about this before"...lol

Lets hear more thoughts..

mikey3000
Jan 9, 2010, 3:57 PM
Well, I've been involved in a relationship with a gay guy that ended in disaster. Way too much emotion, way too fast. We crossed many lines that neither of us thought we never would. And the fact that I wouldn't leave my family for him devastated him. He couldn't handle just having me part time. He couldn't share, so we parted ways. So that's why I think I prefer a bi guy, one who is partnered but out too, and is allowed to get involved with another person.

hedothug
Jan 9, 2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks all. Finally i am finding like minded persons....I am desperately searching for a bi partner...preferable a female...who will allow me to have a bi boyfriend....complex?:tongue:

Karasel
Jan 10, 2010, 10:15 AM
I'd much rather be in a relationship with a bi person. Straight men are way different than bi men. In my experience straight men are clingy and they always fells like they own me after we've had sex. The Bi men I've dated aren't like that. But I don't really mind dating a gay girl or a bi girl, as long as the gay girl is fine with me being bi.

And of course the understanding that you get from another bi person is great... It's been said a lot on here, but true nonetheless.

Realist
Jan 10, 2010, 3:08 PM
These are my personal experiences:

1. What are the plus(good things) about being in a relationship with another bi? (rather than a straight or gay?)

A. It's been my limited experience that straight people usually find it almost impossible to relate to a gay, or bisexual person. The two relationships I had with gay guys didn't work out well, but I have seen examples of other bis and gays happily cohabiting/coexisting. I lived with a couple of bi and a gay girls, in the '60s...that worked out remarkably well.

2. What are the minus(bad things) about being in a relationship with another bi? (rather than a straight or gay?)

A. I have only had one serious problem with any bisexual lover. It was over an attempted blackmail.

3. What would be an interesting fact about being in a relationship with another bi (rather than a straight or gay)?

A. Understanding, the ability to share mutual interests, not having to limit yourself during discussions, thoughts, dreams. The present relationship with my lover, who is a bisexual lady, is the best of my life.

4. If you did a plus, minus, or interesting fact breakdown about being in a relationship, would it come out as best to get into a relationship:

a/ with another bisexual? A. The best relationships I had were usually with other bisexuals

b/ a gay ? A. Tumultuous at best...can be fantastically erotic, but harrowing as well! Too much drama for me.

c/ a straight? A. The worst things happened to me when I fell in love with straight people.

d/ doesn't matter A. Yes, it does...in my case!