PDA

View Full Version : Alright, Alright

WithinTheShadows
Jan 6, 2010, 11:55 PM
So I have come to realize that I think I'm bi. I was thinking about it and I dont want to waste my life fighting who I am. But my question is how do I meet guys. How do I know they are gay? Does image matter? Im not butt ugly but would like to look hot before I get into a relationship with a guy/girl. haha. Im new to this whole scene. And also...I'm a virgin as well. Just thought I'd throw that in there. So leave your thoughts. Peace Guys/Gals

FalconAngel
Jan 7, 2010, 12:09 AM
Welcome home.
I think that you will like it here. Most folks do.

Start by filling out your profile as much as you are comfortable doing. Remember that this is a pretty safe place to be "out".

As far as meeting guys, some of that depends on whether you want to meet Bi guys or Gay guys. Sometimes you will meet both types in Gay/mixed orientation clubs. You are able to be yourself more in the M/O crowd clubs than in the Gay clubs and bars; at least that is my experience. If there are no mixed orientation clubs in your area, then it will have to be the Gay clubs.
Check the web for a local GLBT organization in your area, since they always have some good magazines and booklets with all of the GLBT hotspots, events and things like that. In our area, we have one small town that is very GLBT focused with many of the small businesses either owned, focused or very friendly to the GLBT community.
Unless you are deep in the Bible belt, there should be one that you can find within reasonable reach for you.

In addition to that, keep asking questions here. There are plenty of folks who have been where you are or been through similar situations, and they will gladly answer your queries (or "queer"ies :bigrin:).

Giggles100
Jan 7, 2010, 8:59 AM
So I have come to realize that I think I'm bi. I was thinking about it and I dont want to waste my life fighting who I am. But my question is how do I meet guys. How do I know they are gay? Does image matter? Im not butt ugly but would like to look hot before I get into a relationship with a guy/girl. haha. Im new to this whole scene. And also...I'm a virgin as well. Just thought I'd throw that in there. So leave your thoughts. Peace Guys/Gals

Just be yourself :) there's no right or wrong way to be Bi. Well perhaps sleeping around with anyone and everyone might be an example but that's something straight/gay or Bi people could do.

Personally I found being Bi as a revelation and I certainly felt sexier and more open minded now. I feel that was a natural thing though and I'm still myself.... just the myself I always way deep down :bigrin:.

Just be yourself and take your time :bipride:. You might be pleasantly surprised at the person you find!

Realist
Jan 7, 2010, 9:34 AM
I agree that you need to at least do a preliminary, basic, profile. First of all, you have to let others know you're interested and what you're interested in. Participate in the forum and chat, too.

In 2008, I had a remarkable thing happen to me, out of the blue, a member here began to correspond privately with me, because of something I'd written. She'd read my profile, too.

We began a relationship that I never dreamed could happen. She's bi, poly-friendly, and exceptionally bright, sensuous and loving. I'm 33 years older than her, but the initial rapport and ability to communicate soon grew into a love that is still astounding to me.

Unlike you, I really didn't know what I was looking for. I am incidentally bisexual, with about a 2/3 on the Kinsey scale (depending on where my heart is at the time) and I only hoped to find others with my same feelings, urges and history. I found all that and more!

Whether it's here or elsewhere, if you are genuine, honest and open, you should should be able to find the outlets for your dreams and desires.

I know I did!

Waltzing_Matilda
Jan 7, 2010, 10:03 AM

Welcome to the site...sit back and have some fun. I know that it has been a blessing for me to get to know the "real" people here. I've had a lot of revelations about myself since opening up to people here and am developing good friendships as well as learning boundaries and lessons. It's not all roses, but if I take each experience and learn something from it, I'll be ok and so will you. Be yourself! And I agree...put a bit in your profile. Let us get to know you a little that way.

Just be safe! Listen to those that have been there before you and before you know it, you'll be one of the "oldies" on the site instead of a "newbi"...lol

Blessings and Welcome!
"Mati"

Bisexual Explorer
Jan 7, 2010, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the site. You've already taken the first step - accepting that you are bisexual. That's not easy for many. It took me years and tons of denial to get to that point. As others have suggested, this site is a great way to learn more about yourself. Start by reading profiles of other members and then writing your profile telling the world what you want (your fantasies) and who you are. Change your profile as your fantasies change. Emailing, participating in forums, and chatting are also good ways to open up. Members are generally very accepting and not judgemental. We're all in this together.

At some point, you need to decide whether or not your an ebisexual or want to experience the same thing. If you want to experience the real thing, hooking up with members whose profile is of interest to you is a good way to go. You can find out a lot about them before meeting. I, for one, hate gay bars.

Best of luck,

g