PDA

View Full Version : My yummy truffles

rissababynta
Dec 19, 2009, 7:52 PM
I just made some of my truffles tonight (got two more batches to go) and it got me thinking...I love these truffles so much that I thought that I would share! It's a very simple recipe which most of you probably have, but for those of you who don't you should try them out some time.

What you need is 2 and a half boxes of the Bakers brand semi-sweet chocolate, a regular sized package of Piladelphia original creamcheese, wax paper and whatever you want to use to decorate them (nuts, candy, icing, whatever).

Take the 8 squares from one box of chocolate and melt it. What I like to do is chop them up so they melt quicker and throw them in my "double boiler." While the chocolate is melting, beat the creamcheese in a bowl with a mixer. I have found out that instead of using both of the beaters, it is way easier and more effective to use one, otherwise all of the creamcheese gets stuck in the beaters which defeats the purpose haha. Once the creamcheese is smooth and creamy, pour the chocolate in the bowl of creamcheese and blend it all together. At this point, I like to use about two teaspoons of mint extract. After it's blended, put the bowl in the refrigerator until it's firm. If you are impatient like me, you can put it in the freezer for a little bit before putting it in the fridge.

After it's firm, take a spoon and scoop out a small amount, then roll it into a little ball. Put the balls on a cookie sheet that is covered with wax paper. If you are making regular sized truffles, you should get about 36 balls out of the batch. Next, take the rest of the chocolate and melt it again. Use a fork and dip the balls into the melted chocolate, then place them carefully back onto the wax paper. Pop these back into the fridge to harden, then decorate the tops however you'd like. I've used crushed candy cane, nuts, icing, frosting, and sprinkles before.

Now, all you have to do is enjoy!

Any other fun, holiday time recipes anyone would like to share?

Georgie_Girl
Dec 19, 2009, 9:05 PM
Mmmm truffles. That reminds me of a time when my cousin and I "stole" my gay nephew (He's about 15) and took him to dairy queen. The was he said truffles with a slight lisp was just so fun. :) Thanks for the recipe!

Realist
Dec 19, 2009, 10:26 PM
Oh Rissa, those sound so good...I gained 5 pounds just reading that!

I'm gonna try 'em, too.

Thanx for sharing.

rissababynta
Dec 19, 2009, 10:41 PM
OOO I forgot to mention a few things. Number one...if you choose to do my method of putting them in the freezer first, but you decide you want to keep them in the freezer instead of transfering them to the fridge, PLEASE watch the batter because you want it to be firm, but not hard as a rock. And number two, if you use something like nuts or sprinkles or things like that to decorate, be sure to put that on the shell right after you dip them BEFORE they go on the freezer so it your decorations will stick. Number three, you don't really have to use a spoon to scoop the firm batter out of the bowl, you can use your hands to grap as much as you want for your bowl which tends to be easier since you'll have chocolate all over your hands, but I just can't do that because the coldness of the chocolate hurts my fingers after a few minutes :-P

Ok, I feel better now haha.

rissababynta
Dec 20, 2009, 12:10 PM
I thought this thread would be about some exotic sex secret or position. Imagine my disappointment when it was actually about truffles. ;)

Pasadenacpl

LOL I knew that there was going to be at least one person who would misunderstand :bigrin:

roy m cox
Dec 21, 2009, 8:51 AM
omg they are very good i just love theses truffles thx for posting this rissa "hugs" :bigrin:

chris2665
Dec 21, 2009, 10:01 PM
Heyya thanks so much am going to try making them this week.

The tips are much appreciated.