PDA

View Full Version : Now this is commitment!

_Joe_
Dec 12, 2009, 9:02 PM
http://news.uk.msn.com/world/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=151324589

Colombian farmer castrates himself

It is a man's worst nightmare but for Colombian farmer Luis Alfonso Sanchez it seemed the logical thing to do.

It is a man's worst nightmare but for Colombian farmer Luis Alfonso Sanchez it seemed the logical thing to do.

The 40-year-old decided to castrate himself to avoid cheating on his wife who refused to have sex with him.

Mr Sanchez had performed the act on many of his animals in the past and believed the procedure would be as easy for him saying: "I've castrated pigs, cats, dogs and three days later they are healed.

"I thought that's what it was going to be like with me. I had practice with animals, so I went ahead, put some pressure on it, and cut them to remove them by force!"

"When I saw that I could no longer count on her (his wife), so that I would't keep bothering her, I made the decision to cut my testicles off because I am a Christian and did not want to go look for another (partner)."

The man is being treated at Santander Hospital where Dr. Javier Martinez said he is still healing: "He still has an escroto-penial hematoma. He's been looked at by the urology department, and they found a complete absence of the testicles."

According to doctors, Sanchez's wounds have become infected.

------------------

bolded part for OMG NO REALLY, IM SHOCKED!

rswjc
Dec 12, 2009, 10:40 PM
The man is indeed very loyal to his wife, but castrating is not an effective way to prove his commitment.

It does not serve the purpose of being loyal to his wife. The absence of testicles or sexual organ does not prevent the individual from developing feelings for another person or having sexual drives or urges. The person can still yearn for being with another person sexually, and the tension of this eagerness can increase gradually. From my point of view, I do not consider being physically loyal, as in not being sexually intimate with another person other than the one in the relationship with, is the real commitment. If the person may have sexual intercourses with other people, but he only loves and is in a serious relationship with just this one other person, I think that can be accepted.

Castrating oneself is also extremely dangerous if not silly. He certainly risked his life and can definitely die from the act. In ancient China, almost only boys at very young ages, younger than teenagers, were castrated to become eunuchs. Because the process of castration is extremely painful, and the older the person is, the slower the healing process, the harder it is to heal, and the higher possibility that he would die from it. If he dies by castrating himself, he would still hurt his wife for making her sad.

Realist
Dec 12, 2009, 10:42 PM
Dammit, Joe....It hurt me just to read that!

I was about to go to bed, too.....Geez!

Hope I don't dream about it, now!

Thanks, Buddy!

djones
Dec 12, 2009, 11:46 PM
I thought marriage was castration.

BiPride1
Dec 13, 2009, 12:21 AM
At least it was out of love:bigrin:

TwylaTwobits
Dec 13, 2009, 6:55 AM
Ummm wow.... while I respect his decision to honor his partner......wow.