PDA

View Full Version : Klein Grid BlogTool

glantern954
Mar 4, 2006, 7:24 AM
Anyone else seen this going around lately? I like this version of the grid. It was easy to get through, although today's reading is a little on the straight side. Maybe I'll stay inside today.

http://www.youthnetsouthampton.org.uk/breakout/kleingrid.php

Sparks
Mar 4, 2006, 8:01 AM
Interesting test. Just as I figured, I'm a 2.5 on the scale. Guess it has to do with my emotional feelings for women. But I do enjoy the physical aspects of mm sex very much. Guess I'm just your average part time homosexual :)

scubaman
Mar 4, 2006, 9:16 AM
Interesting-----------scored a 2.5, right where I thought I would be. Thanks for the site!

Confused4life
Mar 4, 2006, 9:31 AM
2 = predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual

I scored a 2.24....which is how i feel about right now.
Thanks for the link.

Driver 8
Mar 4, 2006, 9:56 AM
I scored a 2.76 and am wondering if a test with seven questions can really be accurate to three digits ;)

Years ago we used to hand out a print version of this as an icebreaker sometimes at the old bi group. I'm dubious about how useful the number is - doesn't the test consider the genders of people I socialize with as important as the genders of people I have sex with? - but as something to get people talking and thinking, it's great. I also like the way it moves discussion from "but I've never been in a relationship with a man" or "but I've only made out with a girl once and we were kinda drunk" to asking what you'd like your life to be like.

slaphappypud
Mar 4, 2006, 10:14 AM
Hmmm, I ranked in at 3.25. Which sounds about right.

wanderingrichard
Mar 4, 2006, 12:40 PM
yep, right down the middle line 3.43 just like always.

tom_uk
Mar 4, 2006, 12:42 PM
......... 3.33 - more queer that straight - well there not wrong .........

PeterH
Mar 4, 2006, 12:48 PM
I ranked 1.5, but to be honest, the test doesn't mean that much to me. I see my being bi totally differently. But if I you ask me how 'bisexual' I am, I'd say I'd be 2/3 straight and 1/3 gay, so that should make me a 2.
Especially the future you bit says more about how comfortable you are with alternate lifestyles. One might want to be entirely heterosexual, just to fit in, but really only feel attracted to one's own sex. As for the past and present self, they say more about how easily one could accept one's orientation in the past and how comfortable one is and was to act on that. So I'd say the test does not say much about what one's orientation actually is, but more about how one feels about it. So my 1.5 on this test, compared with the 2 says that I feel /felt uncomfortable with feeling attracted to men.
What would interest me would be a questionnaire on aspects of attraction towards characteristics of one's partner (looks, behaviour). For me, those aspects would be partly gay, partly straight. A questionnaire could be made that's a bit like the 5 languages of love test on the same site (where I came out as seeking predominatly quality time, followed by physical intimacy), but would include physical characteristics as well.
These aspects would have to focus on male / female behaviour and characteristics. E.g. I'd like my partner to have a penis / vagina, be muscular / not muscular, I feel romantic when taking my partner out, I feel romantic when my partenr takes me out, etc.
Perhaps we should build out own test.
Peter

rupertbare
Mar 4, 2006, 1:00 PM
I scored a 1.33 - which is lower than I expected.

But where was the "bisexual" options?

Gay men and bi men think very differently.

Love and Peace from the UK

Rupe :)

bhg08054
Mar 4, 2006, 1:08 PM
I ended up at 2.1, lower than expected, probably because I just realized I was bi and therefore the "past" was all "other sex". I'll have to try again in another year or two and see where I'm at!

meteast chick
Mar 4, 2006, 1:09 PM
2.71 for me. I'm split, which I suppose can be good and can be bad.

Right now it's not what I was hoping it would be.

love and kisses
xoxoxo
meteast

Mimi
Mar 4, 2006, 2:38 PM
I scored 2.95, which is what I expected.

I LOVE the KSOG and have used it in a lot of sexuality workshops. I've always gotten positive reactions from people who see it for the first time and have their eyes opened that sexuality could be seen in such a complex way, rather than just "who you have sex with." The thing I don't like about the grid, though, is that there is no mention of "bisexual." This is odd, being that Fritz Klein himself is a very bisexual man.

Mrs.F
Mar 4, 2006, 3:24 PM
I was a 1.24 ;) About where I thought it would be.

Mrs.F :)

arana
Mar 4, 2006, 3:25 PM
I got a 2.76 Did anyone take any of the other tests?

0 = exclusively heterosexual
1 = predominantly heterosexual, incidentally homosexual
3 = equally heterosexual and homosexual
4 = predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 = predominantly homosexual, incidentally heterosexual
6 = exclusively homosexual

pmg_ams01
Mar 4, 2006, 5:55 PM
Hi Arana,

Getting 2.14 on the first test I went to the "Multidimensional Scale of Sexuality"
It said: "According to your answers, it is likely that you identify as Heterosexual with some homosexuality" - sounds about right. Interesting link and forum thread.

PMG.

wanderingrichard
Mar 4, 2006, 6:01 PM
i've gotta agree with rupert. there was too much straight /gay and not enough bi in the darn thing.. almost makes ya want to throw the darn thing out cause it is stilted too much and doesnt allow for those of us in the middle . it's kind of like taking a MMPI test here in the states, which is a personality inventory type thing and has become a sort of standard for many institutions looking to screen for certain unwanted traits in it's employees.. again, trouble is, it's stilted, in this case towards heavy christian values. i know this based on having a co partner in a small business i once was invloved in fail it because he's budhhist. the psychiatric professional he had to see threw the test results out when she learned this and cleared him so he could proceed on with his certifications.

i didnt really pay attention to this one's link all that closely, but did it happen to be authored by a college or university as a baseline test of some sort??

Michael623
Mar 4, 2006, 6:57 PM
1.9, but it's obvious what you are going to score before you submit you answers.

codybear3
Mar 4, 2006, 8:10 PM
Scored a 3, right in the middle. This is just right... :paw: :paw:

The Klein Sexual Orientation Grid
You scored an average of 3

0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Heterosexual Bisexual Homosexual

Meaning
This result can also be related to the Kinsey Scale:

0 = exclusively heterosexual
1 = predominantly heterosexual, incidentally homosexual
4 = predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 = predominantly homosexual, incidentally heterosexual
6 = exclusively homosexual

Driver 8
Mar 4, 2006, 9:47 PM
it's kind of like taking a MMPI test here in the states, which is a personality inventory type thing and has become a sort of standard for many institutions looking to screen for certain unwanted traits in it's employees.. again, trouble is, it's stilted, in this case towards heavy christian values.
Agreed that the MMPI is stilted, but it actually comes with a warning that Christian priests and ministers sometimes score high on the "deliberate lie" section - because they really are scrupulous about their behavior.

The MMPI includes a "male-female" axis - women are supposed to score high in the female direction, men the opposite. Answer "true" to "I would enjoy being a florist" and you get a female point. Answer "true" to "I enjoy football" and get a male point. The two cancel each other out; no androgyny here ...

Recent test documentation suggests that male/female, once used to "diagnose" non-straight sexual orientation, be ignored, and notes that people whose scores don't match their gender may face a rough time in life. True enough, I suppose, but for me these late-in-the-game bugfixes don't make up for the fact that it's a deeply flawed test rooted in societal assumptions about who's normal and healthy.

Iowabiguy
Mar 4, 2006, 11:57 PM
I got a 2.48! To be honest I thought I was a 3; right down the middle. I guess my past skewed my numbers. Perhaps if I take the test in a year or so my results will have me closer to or over a 3.

huneypot
Mar 5, 2006, 1:06 AM
Excellent link glantern, ty
i got 5.19, about what i expected
cheers
Huney
xxx
xx
x
:bigrin:

DiamondDog
Jun 6, 2006, 4:51 PM
I took this the other day and I got a 3.67 which was where I expected to be.

JohnnyV
Jun 6, 2006, 4:55 PM
I'm surprised. I only got a 1.7. I thought I'd be higher toward the gay end.

J

centralmoguy
Jun 6, 2006, 5:34 PM
I am a 3.19. I always though of myself much more straight. Im a lot gayer than I realized. Interesting!!!

wildangel
Jun 6, 2006, 5:42 PM
2.86-Personally I feel I lean more toward lesbian that hetero anyway...I always have. I think it's the fact that in "the past" I only had experience (sexually, socially or emotionally) with the opposite sex. Now I'm married with a gf...I just don't ever feel hetero in the least...

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 6, 2006, 6:01 PM
I scored a 2.9, I really thought I was going to be a solid 3.

ScifiBiJen
Jun 6, 2006, 11:05 PM
I got a 1.52 My "straight" past threw down the average.
But Damn, I should get points for how distracted I was by slaphappypud's avatar.

My ideal is a solid 3 across the board.

:flag1:

woolleygirl
Jun 6, 2006, 11:14 PM
Mine was 2.95 which didn't suprise me that much ;) I know what and I like both big suprise there. :female: :male:

Theresa

NightHawk
Jun 7, 2006, 12:07 AM
I tossed out the heterosexual/homosexual lifestyle question, since I think it an aside. My score was then 2.06, but what was more interesting was this:

Past 1.33

Present 2.17

Ideal 2.67

The Present is not the Ideal due to the constraint of a sorry lack of good prospective intimate friends, compounded by a wife who is only partially understanding! There are simply too many heterosexuals and homosexuals and not enough male bisexuals!

Keeping the lifestyle question in lowered each score by an average of 0.05.

MikeW
Jun 7, 2006, 1:01 AM
3.24... probably just about right

12voltman59
Sep 2, 2006, 1:22 AM
I had just come across this grid thread--I scored 3.28-

DiamondDog
Oct 24, 2007, 6:23 PM
:2cents:

lashalane
Oct 24, 2007, 8:58 PM
You scored an average of 2.57

I don't really attach myself emotionally to anyone, but if it happens it is usually with men...less heart and more head thinking.

TaylorMade
Oct 24, 2007, 9:24 PM
2.52.... heh, I knew it... I'm getting "straighter", damn you bisexual men, making me want you.

*Taylor*

FalconAngel
Oct 24, 2007, 11:33 PM
2.43 for me

fortyniner1
Oct 24, 2007, 11:45 PM
2.1 for me

citystyleguy
Oct 25, 2007, 12:08 AM
2.9, where i always end up on most scaled tests; i think i pull down the "...equally/both..." when i score what is often indicated as lifestyle. however, it is this lifestyle that throws me, what exactly is a lifestyle regarding sex??? vs. my living style, my best means of discription for now.

Daviecurious
Oct 25, 2007, 11:07 AM
Ah, a 1.29, which is about what I expected, and which seems to agree w/how I feel.

DiamondDog
Oct 26, 2007, 6:50 AM
I took this quiz again just for kicks and I got a 4.38 and I'll either be REALLY pretty into men (fantasies are about men only or MMM 3 ways or even a MMF 3 way where I focus only on the man), or else I'll be pretty equal in my attractions (where I crave and want a MMF/MFM 3 way) when I had a 3.67 like the last time I replied to this topic over a year ago on June 6, 2006.

Again, it's not surprising but that's just how things are for myself and most of my bi male friends, since we're in between bisexual and homosexual and identify as both or just queer, which is not a slur or a bad word anymore.

Anyone else here like this?

childofwinter
Oct 26, 2007, 7:17 PM
I got a 2.

cliffml
Oct 27, 2007, 12:21 AM
mine is 3.19, so I guess it confirms i'm at least bisexual.

darkeyes
Oct 27, 2007, 3:16 PM
Me needs a daft ole test 2 tell me me luffs me own sex 2 bits? :tong:

Taeris
Oct 27, 2007, 4:32 PM
3.48, just where I thought.

Although I agree with darkeyes, the test wasn't really necessary. Just a bit of fun ^^

darkeyes
Oct 28, 2007, 7:17 AM
Me weakened..wiv JD still breathin 4.43

Wiv im no mo...5.1

Interestin..but silly. tee hee.

sometimesitbethatway
Mar 22, 2008, 9:45 PM
http://www.youthnetsouthampton.org.uk/breakout/kleingrid.php

I like this version of the scale better than the other one I've taken... easier to understand. But on this one I scored a 1.62 and I scored a 3.1 on the other one. WHAT THE HELL. I guess I can common ground myself with a "2" ???

BiphobiaFighter
Mar 22, 2008, 10:59 PM
3.05. :)

I think I got 2.95 the last time I took it but my heterosexual attractions are a lot stronger now than they were back then (a few months ago).

alaskacouple
Mar 22, 2008, 11:31 PM
I (the male part of alaskacouple) scored 2.5
That's pretty close to what I thought and put in the profile (3) but I think a 3 sounds more accurate! I think that is because when I consider my bisexuality I am thinking in the now, whereas the test has some past weight (which IMO doesn't count for much - since we are speaking of now) - In fact some days even the 3 sounds too low!!!

BiphobiaFighter
Mar 22, 2008, 11:51 PM
I (the male part of alaskacouple) scored 2.5
That's pretty close to what I thought and put in the profile (3) but I think a 3 sounds more accurate! I think that is because when I consider my bisexuality I am thinking in the now, whereas the test has some past weight (which IMO doesn't count for much - since we are speaking of now) - In fact some days even the 3 sounds too low!!!
The "3" on this site is equivalent to the 2 on the Klein grid (and Kinsey scales).

The Klein grid/Kinsey scale goes from 0-6.
This site goes from 1-7.

The number on the left is the number used in that test and the number on the right is its equivalent on this site:
0/1: Completely heterosexual
1/2: Mostly heterosexual, incidentally homosexual
2/3: Mostly heterosexual, more than incidentally homosexual
3/4: Equally heterosexual/homosexual
4/5: Mostly homosexual, more than incidentally heterosexual
5/6: Mostly homosexual, incidentally heterosexual
6/7: Completely homosexual

alaskacouple
Mar 23, 2008, 12:45 AM
Thanks BiphobiaFighter,

I didn't know that - it makes me feel better. For a minute I thought I was starting to loose some of my "biness" - and I don't want to do that!

sometimesitbethatway
Mar 23, 2008, 12:49 AM
Yeah thanks BiphobiaFighter. I was confused sort of as well. Now I feel stupid, not realizing the difference between the kinsey and the klein...

mrplayfuluk
Mar 23, 2008, 8:45 AM
well Ive gone from 1 to 2 since my last attempt at this so scalewise my identity is more defined now than it once was. as someone here said, I seem more biconfident on my journey of self exploration. So it goes....

ps even though I don't believe in numbered scales..... it helps

diB4u
Mar 23, 2008, 8:52 AM

Well I got a 2.57 lol

Yeah thats what i thought anyways.

A good find never the less.

If anyone has one based on gender nowwwwww ure talking lol.

http://www.youthnetsouthampton.org.uk/breakout/multidimensional.php

On another test on the same site the multidimentional scale of sexuality i got this-

The Multidimensional Scale of Sexuality
According to your answers, it is likely that you identify as
Concurrent bisexual.

Complete set of results
Concurrent bisexual: 3
Heterosexual with some homosexuality: 2
Sequential bisexual: 2
Past heterosexual, currently homosexual: 1
Asexual: 0
Heterosexual: 0
Homosexual: 0
Homosexual with some heterosexuality: 0
Past homosexual, currently heterosexual: 0

lookn0ver
Mar 23, 2008, 9:56 AM
ok i took this thing. but with an other ~worldly understanding,and to me this does kinda some up a bi~sexual standpoint...your this & your that & your the other thing. so which is it? ...i don't know and i don't care ,"politics blows!"
0.85 is my score and that IS so right~on. but what about the person them self.who are they inside their individual sexuality. everybody likes what they like sexually and who is really qualified to gage such behaviors ? the 0.85 to me speaks of a whole other understanding having to do with the reasoning i used to make my answers. i consider myself attracted to all sexes ...but it is my choice exactly which members of each sex and which level i am attracted to them. most people i just want to be a friend to and nothing more. my one in a million and your one in a million are 2 different ends of the universe. and would YOU settle for less?

i'd like to think i have my share of experiences and bonafied offers for fluid exchanges. i for reasons i only know , either accepted or rejected those offers.

i also read lots of bios in here and it seems i am correct . everyone wants their dream in this life the way they want it to happen and i am happy for that and hope connections are being made by those who can compromise and overlook what the other person is not going to be able to provide . and that's a beautiful thang when life is good on a personal level.
for me ,i go by the advice,''TO EACH THEIR REACH" and aren't we all kinda queer in our own sweet way. 0.85. now you gotta P.H.D. to believe anything you want.:yinyang:

12voltman59
Mar 25, 2008, 6:23 AM
I went back and read what I had reported of my results from when I first did this quiz and I had three point something--I think that must have been in error--for even though I now do more things with guys now than back then---I still score less than three points---

I can't get the results to post up right on here from the code they generate at the site--but I now score 2.71---I bet that when I first took the test--I must have scored 2.28 and not 3.28---

childofwinter
Mar 25, 2008, 7:37 PM
I got 2.40

As for the other tests -

Multidimensional Scale -
According to your answers, it is likely that you identify as
Concurrent bisexual
or equally,
Sequential bisexual.

Complete set of results
Concurrent bisexual: 4
Sequential bisexual: 4
Heterosexual with some homosexuality: 3
Homosexual with some heterosexuality: 2
Past homosexual, currently heterosexual: 2
Past heterosexual, currently homosexual: 1
Asexual: 0
Heterosexual: 0
Homosexual: 0

Love Language -
Your primary love languages are probably
Physical Touch and Quality Time.

Complete set of results
Physical Touch: 9
Quality Time: 9
Acts of Service: 5
Words of Affirmation: 5
Receiving Gifts: 2

BiphobiaFighter
Mar 25, 2008, 7:58 PM
If anyone has one based on gender nowwwwww ure talking lol.

I could only find one for people who are pre-op MtFs. :(
http://www.transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html

And ones that don't look very valid or reliable.

DiamondDog
Mar 30, 2008, 3:55 AM
I don't need a quiz to tell me that I go from bisexual to mostly homosexual, and back and forth between the two.

I took the quiz again recently and I've done other versions of it that take sexual orientation labels as political labels into account, and I've 5.0-5.5.

I took the other quiz on the site that childofwinter posted and I'm into touch the most and I found all of the questions about getting gifts to be odd.