PDA

View Full Version : If the majority of the world was gay/bi...

jamesck
Dec 6, 2009, 2:06 PM
I've been wondering....

If most people in the world were either gay or bi and straight people were in the minority, what would be different?

bistraightpat
Dec 6, 2009, 2:15 PM
Well there would probably be less people. That would be nice though because finally some of my hot guy friends would wanna have sex.

Mmonty
Dec 6, 2009, 4:31 PM
Lower population

cand86
Dec 6, 2009, 4:46 PM
Quite honestly, if our history had come about with our ratio shifted, with GLBT folks in the majority and straight cis folks in the minority, I imagine things would be much the same, just reversed- heterophobia and all that.

peterock
Dec 8, 2009, 12:11 AM
How do we know that most of the world isnt bi already? We have no honest way of measuring that.

TaylorMade
Dec 8, 2009, 12:41 AM
Quite honestly, if our history had come about with our ratio shifted, with GLBT folks in the majority and straight cis folks in the minority, I imagine things would be much the same, just reversed- heterophobia and all that.

Basically, that would be the story. Instead of "fag" or "Fairy", "Het" or "breeder" would be the word of choice.

*Taylor*

cand86
Dec 8, 2009, 1:19 AM
^ Reminds me of that movie, Almost Normal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwLrb7U6CjI).

Cman949
Dec 8, 2009, 1:50 AM
A recent theory among biologists is that homosexuality and/or bisexuality must have an evolutionary advantage among species because it occurs in such a large number of species from insects to humans.

Based on this theory, the majority of the world's population is very likely bisexual to some extent. By expressing a preference for the same-sex, gays and/or bisexuals are actually promoting the fitness of heterosexual couples by increasing the amount of competition needed to create healthy, breeding heterosexual couples. In other cases, where an extra copy of a gene is detrimental to a gene pool (such as an XXY individual), it may prevent a person from passing on their genes to the next generation.

This may be why homosexuality continues in each generation (and may in some cases, increase in frequency with increasing population density - but that's another theory), because it actually improves the gene pool of a population.

Here's a chart showing how homosexuality is beneficial in different species:

And here's a link to the article in New Science magazine: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20427370.800-homosexual-selection-the-power-of-samesex-liaisons.html?full=true

Now go out there, and do your part to improve the human race!! ;)

rissababynta
Dec 8, 2009, 11:54 AM
If there were less people on the planet this would be a good thing.

Overpopulation is not a good thing and everyone seems to think that it is their job to reproduce if they are married to someone who can do it or if they are heterosexual. :rolleyes:

http://www.overpopulation.org/

Did anyone else get a flashback of GayAz here? With certain people thinking it is their "job to reproduce?"

Realist
Dec 8, 2009, 12:28 PM
I've long wondered if maybe the bisexual/gay evolution began, because of overpopulation and, while the instinct is to still be sexually active, but in order to reduce the amount of offspring, there is a genetic feature that gives us an alternative sexual outlet, while allowing the population to shrink.

How's that for a run-on sentence?

tenni
Dec 8, 2009, 12:28 PM
Did anyone else get a flashback of GayAz here? With certain people thinking it is their "job to reproduce?"

I think that people are socialized to see part of life is to have children. The concept of family, coupledom and children come from our experiences as we grow up. It is part of the perhaps biologically programmed aspects of every species. Then we learn that the practice is so much fun...we forget about the results or think that we have tricked "mother nature". That is all part of our socialization that even gay people often feel the need to fulfill via adoption, artifical insemination etc.

If the majority of the world was bi (or admitted it) there may be more tolerance of that aspect but it may not be generalized to other discrimination in the world. The majority gay...well that is just highly unlikely and not worth ponderng. The inability for males to reproduce has a greater chance of happening due to human made chemicals etc. I know that the first time that I was told that a guy smoking dope is altering his sperm, I thought that was a crazy idea...turns out that studies have shown this has happened under certain conditions. It has been reported that the male body is constantly under stress due to such unnatural chemicals now in our environment immediately after conception. I'm sure that the female may be also but I've only heard about the impact on the male....who knows whether the chemicals may change their sexuality?...unlikely but not impossible ...or is it?

rissababynta
Dec 8, 2009, 12:32 PM

I think that people are socialized to see part of life is to have children. The concept of family, coupledom and children come from our experiences as we grow up. It is part of the perhaps biologically programmed aspects of every species. Then we learn that the practice is so much fun...we forget about the results or think that we have tricked "mother nature". That is all part of our socialization that even gay people often feel the need to fulfill via adoption, artifical insemination etc.

If the majority of the world was bi (or admitted it) there may be more tolerance of that aspect but it may not be generalized to other discrimination in the world. The majority gay...well that is just highly unlikely and not worth ponderng. The inability for males to reproduce has a greater chance of happening due to human made chemicals etc. It has been reported that the male body is constantly under stress due to such things immediately after conception. I'm sure that the female may be also but I've only heard about the impact on the male....who knows whether the chemicals may change their sexuality?...unlikely but not impossible ...or is it?

Tenni, whether the topic was fitting or not, I was saying that the word usage was exact to what he kept ranting about all the time. Which is why for me, it was like a quick flashback.

tenni
Dec 8, 2009, 12:40 PM
You're so fast Rissa that I don't finish editing my post...lol

I see your point. Well, I think that the idea may be discussed without the condemning that came from that guy's mouth...lol What made you want to have children? Contrary to what GayAZN wrote, some gay people do want to have children and some straights don't want kids.

Realist
There were studies that indicated that overcrowding impacts those who live under those conditions but that was a study from thirty years ago. There may be changes but I recall that infanticide, suicide and yes homosexuality did increase under crowded living conditions in studies with mice..(ya I know that some may reject that comparison ...lol)

rissababynta
Dec 8, 2009, 1:24 PM
You're so fast Rissa that I don't finish editing my post...lol

I see your point. Well, I think that the idea may be discussed without the condemning that came from that guy's mouth...lol What made you want to have children? Contrary to what GayAZN wrote, some gay people do want to have children and some straights don't want kids.

Realist
There were studies that indicated that overcrowding impacts those who live under those conditions but that was a study from thirty years ago. There may be changes but I recall that infanticide, suicide and yes homosexuality did increase under crowded living conditions in studies with mice..(ya I know that some may reject that comparison ...lol)

Yeah I'm a quick one haha.

jamiehue
Dec 8, 2009, 3:12 PM
Oh instead of wars we have fashion shows you are not going to invade wearing that are you?

csrakate
Dec 8, 2009, 3:14 PM
Tenni, whether the topic was fitting or not, I was saying that the word usage was exact to what he kept ranting about all the time. Which is why for me, it was like a quick flashback.

PTGS...Post Traumatic GayAZN Syndrome! LOL!

rissababynta
Dec 8, 2009, 4:58 PM
PTGS...Post Traumatic GayAZN Syndrome! LOL!

LMFAO