PDA

View Full Version : Bisexuality in Dragon Age game

MetaSexual2
Nov 25, 2009, 4:01 AM
More bi mainstreaming. All over the news today, you can have homo or hetero relations in the new Dragon Age game :tongue:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/24/do_you_dragon_age/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/6642200/Dragon-Age-Origins-video-game-contains-secret-gay-sex-scene.html

FalconAngel
Nov 25, 2009, 12:56 PM
Well, that's pretty interesting.

izzfan
Nov 27, 2009, 11:07 AM
I read an article about this yesterday (on the "gaygamer" site) and it had a video clip of the scene in question (it is very well done) - just looking at the articles you've posted, they have exactly the same video clip.

It is great that games finally have more open-minded romantic sub-plots rather than the usual cliched plots about macho heroes who always "get the girl" by the end of the game etc...

FalconAngel
Nov 27, 2009, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately, none of the sex scenes will make it into the US version of the game thanks to our puritanical, backwards, right wing Christian-based censorship laws.

We have a game called "The Witcher", which has some adult theme in it (love interest between the main character and one of the women in the game, as well as prostitutes and others in the various large towns) and in the US version, when the main character gets together with anyone, there is an interlude with various (R-rated) scenes, but no actual sex being shown. The world release version is not censored, though.

Cman949
Nov 27, 2009, 10:14 PM
I have a couple of friends who work at Blizzard (World of Warcraft, Diablo, etc.) who are friends with people at BioWare (who produced Dragon Age). After the controversy over the lesbian scene in the game Mass Effect (players could seduce a "female" alien companion as either a male or female character), one of my friends told me that there are several bisexuals that work in the upper levels of BioWare that try to put same-sex scenes into their games, whenever it would make sense with the game's storyline.

You have to respect their efforts to subvert the paradigm! :bigrin: