PDA

View Full Version : I like this video

elian
Nov 15, 2009, 6:33 PM
Did you ever think that you would even ever see the photos in this video?

We've come a long way here in the US..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-awVQkTeVE

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldn8p0sAm4I

rissababynta
Nov 15, 2009, 7:20 PM
Wow, I just cried. That was so beautiful and sad all at the same time...

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 16, 2009, 12:48 AM
Ohhh, E. That was wonderful, Honey. That even touched this old hard heart.
C'mer..gimmie hugz. :}
Cat

halobeam
Nov 16, 2009, 12:51 AM
It's a nice video ;)

MarieDelta
Nov 16, 2009, 1:11 AM
wonderful video...

Very nice, thank you

Gearbox
Nov 16, 2009, 1:32 AM
I liked the "You can't vote love away" slogan the best.:)

desertofwater
Nov 16, 2009, 6:59 AM
nice video.. thnxxx for sharing.....

still_shy
Nov 16, 2009, 9:10 AM
That was awesome :) So many people in love!:love1::flag2:

rissababynta
Nov 16, 2009, 9:53 AM
The only thing that annoyed me about it was the comments. Some people were still...STILL being so hateful. After seeing something like that, how can people still be so mean. I used to think that love could overpower anything...but now I'm wondering if I was wrong and it's really hate that is the strongest...because after seeing all those people so happy and so in love there were so many people that were still so concentrated on their own personal bitchiness.

littlerayofsunshine
Nov 16, 2009, 10:37 AM
When I first watched it, I was smiling to see all the people in love, then I got sad, then I got down right freakin angry, then I cried. It was so touching.

Wolf_Sr
Nov 16, 2009, 1:07 PM
It is a marvelous idea and a beautiful touching message to be heard by all, including these nasty politicians that pretend same sex relationships does not happen in their own families. Love can overcome, true love can endure. I believe still in our lifetime bisexuality will become just... natural, as it is.
Greetings

elian
Nov 16, 2009, 9:10 PM
The only thing that annoyed me about it was the comments. Some people were still...STILL being so hateful. After seeing something like that, how can people still be so mean. I used to think that love could overpower anything...but now I'm wondering if I was wrong and it's really hate that is the strongest...because after seeing all those people so happy and so in love there were so many people that were still so concentrated on their own personal bitchiness.

Rissa, it was a little heartbreaking for me too, thing with prejudice is until you walk in someone else's shoes you really DON'T know how it feels. I know a lot of straight folks who sympathize with the idea of equal rights, but they really don't know how it feels.

Any five year old knows what it's like to singled out and made fun of but somehow as adults we lose track of that.

I was in a peculiar mood yesterday because on top of that I watched the CNN special "Escape from Jonestown" - and I thought for a second I was going to be physically ill - which usually doesn't happen to me.. after watching that special I just had an immense feeling of both sorrow and anger.

I like to remember this quote, I'm sure many have already heard it..

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.

Think of it...

always."

-Mahatma Gandhi

Gearbox
Nov 16, 2009, 9:54 PM
Your loosing faith in love due to some morons on YT?:eek:
I'm shocked at how much you admire their wisdom.:eek:

I'm teasing.:bigrin:
But come on Rissababynta, they don't know what love is. That's why they don't act lovingly. But I'm sure you know what it is.:)

TBH I did get a little nasty thought at the end.:crosseye: I hoped those two good looking guys will get divorced so I might get a chance with them.:tongue:
Shame on me!

csreef
Nov 17, 2009, 10:17 PM
I have been asking Gay & Bi people that I know to call their New York state reprsenative & have them vote Yes when the Marriage Equality bill comes back on the floor of the New York Senate...

All it will take is just 1 phone call...Make that call !!!

desertofwater
Nov 18, 2009, 4:58 AM
thats a heart touching video... thnxxx for sharing...lets make people aware...

rissababynta
Nov 18, 2009, 12:53 PM
TBH I did get a little nasty thought at the end.:crosseye: I hoped those two good looking guys will get divorced so I might get a chance with them.:tongue:
Shame on me!

Ah, well I guess we all have a momentary lapse of holiness every so often lmao.

Nectarseeker69
Nov 18, 2009, 4:29 PM
Beautiful video! Thanks for sharing.