View Full Version : Interesting Story: Real life "Messages in a bottle"

12voltman59
Nov 13, 2009, 10:09 AM
This interesting story ran in USA Today in recent days:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/environment/2009-11-05-message05_CV_N.htm

I thought it was pretty cool.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 13, 2009, 1:21 PM
lol Thats so cool. Now there'll be a rash of bottles floating around in rivers. :}
Cat

12voltman59
Nov 13, 2009, 5:30 PM
There already are Cat, sorry to say--at least with these message bottles--they will have some purpose other than just being all that more trash coming down the rivers---I have often thought--the lake that I have my lake cottage on----that in the spring when the water is running high and fast--go to a point below the spillway to launch a bottle down its course--that river runs just about 100 miles down the Ohio--from there--the Ohio of course runs down to the Mississippi--and that in turn runs out to the Gulf---

I can tell ya from running the rivers---the trash someone does dump in some spot along that river or others that are tributaries---some of that trash does make it on out to the ocean eventually----all "shit" does run downhill.

TwylaTwobits
Nov 13, 2009, 7:04 PM
That is a nice story. Reminds me of elementary school when we released helium balloons with an idex card attached.

onewhocares
Nov 14, 2009, 1:26 AM
There already are Cat, sorry to say--at least with these message bottles--they will have some purpose other than just being all that more trash coming down the rivers---I have often thought--the lake that I have my lake cottage on----that in the spring when the water is running high and fast--go to a point below the spillway to launch a bottle down its course--that river runs just about 100 miles down the Ohio--from there--the Ohio of course runs down to the Mississippi--and that in turn runs out to the Gulf---

I can tell ya from running the rivers---the trash someone does dump in some spot along that river or others that are tributaries---some of that trash does make it on out to the ocean eventually----all "shit" does run downhill.

Darlin....One Mans Trash is Another Man's Treasure.

Belle

Hephaestion
Nov 14, 2009, 4:28 AM
Will recycling and taxation stifle such art and spiritual catharsis?