PDA

View Full Version : Cheating and keeping a mistress

goldenfinger
Nov 8, 2009, 11:53 PM
A woman has just won an out of court settlement, after her lover of 20 years ended the affair. They were never married or lived together. He was married. A new law here in Australia allow a person to sue for compensation when the other one ends the relationship. Apparently, he had promised to look after her, and he broke that promise. The law covers all relationships, including "same sex marriage", which is not legal here. Go figure.:eek:

Long Duck Dong
Nov 8, 2009, 11:59 PM
we have similiar here..... you do not have to be married or engaged in order to have a partner able to claim half of things.... you only have to be living together for 3 years, in the nature of a relationship, and you are classed as married

it was not long after that, we got the civil union ( alternative marriage for LGBT / straight ) to bond in the nature of marriage... it closed a lot of loopholes with the first law

as for the mistress of 20 years ??? lol thats one way to do it..... 20 years of *friends with benefits * and compensation to boot.....

I wonder what the guys wife has to say

rissababynta
Nov 9, 2009, 8:16 AM
I think that this is opening up the door for courtroom free for alls...

Falke
Nov 9, 2009, 10:49 AM

Pretty much.

FalconAngel
Nov 9, 2009, 12:31 PM

I agree.

Just in case we didn't think that there were enough frivolous lawsuits.

Jackal
Nov 9, 2009, 8:19 PM

I hope they at least televise them. And compensation? I thought the point of having a mistress was you didn't have to deal with that crap.

littlerayofsunshine
Nov 9, 2009, 11:15 PM
When you step outside the realm of family law which is very rigid, into the land of contract law, which is rigid yet left to some interpretation, you have a whole world of hurt waiting for you...

As my father used to say.. Don't dance the dance, if you can't pay the piper.

This coming from the US, where people have successfully sued for breaking and entering and robbing a home, but getting hurt in the process for the homeowners lack of home maintenance.