PDA

View Full Version : Ceremony Honoring Fallen Coast Guard and Marine Air Crews

12voltman59
Nov 7, 2009, 12:24 PM
Well-this one made me cry--I have to wipe my eyes to type this message.

Check out this video someone did of the wreath laying ceremony aboard both a Coast Guard High Endurance Cutter and a Hercules C-130 sister ship to CG 1705--the CG Hercules HC-130 that went down off the coast of California when it and a Marine Corp Apache Helo collided with loss of all hands on both airships.

To the fallen members of my former service and the Marines who were lost that day:

Semper Paratus

Semper Fi

Carrry On

http://coastguardnews.com/fallen-guardians-honored-with-wreath-laying-video/2009/11/07/

onewhocares
Nov 7, 2009, 4:45 PM
Volty,

A touching tribute to those often forgotten men and women of the armed forces who protect our shores, rescue those stranded upon the sea, and stand against the perils of Mother Nature. They are not forgotten.

Belle

Long Duck Dong
Nov 7, 2009, 8:21 PM
thank you to all the men and women that give so much, including their lives, so we may live, be safe and continue in life,

thank you to all the men and women that have given everything including their lives, so we have lives, we are safe and we continue to live,

and thank you volty, for posting the link to the vid and a reminder that there are many unsung heros and heroines that will say they were just doing their jobs, but without them, many of us would fall.....

* stands and salutes * may you walk with god and watch over us from heaven, as you watched over us on earth.....

baachus
Nov 8, 2009, 12:25 PM
It is a touching tribute. The courage and sense of duty of these men and women is an inspiration. They face dangers and hardships every day and some make the ultimate sacrifice. Their service will not be forgotten.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 8, 2009, 1:45 PM
Absolutely beautiful Darlin.
You know my love, affections, and respect for our Military men and women, and you know this touched this old cold heart greatly. :}
Kiss to your cheek.
Cat