PDA

View Full Version : Insight into Rissa

rissababynta
Nov 6, 2009, 10:49 PM
People see me, and they say I'm strong. They say I'm intelligent. They say i'm pretty. They say I'm fun. People see me, and they say that I'm talented. They say that I can hold my own. They say that I've got a lot going for me. People see me, and they say that I'm the perfect shoulder to cry on. They say that I can make others sadness go away. Most of all they say that they see happiness...

I look in the mirror, and I see a scared little girl. I see someone who is way too dependent. I see a failure. I see ugliness. I see the scars on my skin left behind by many nights of trying to make the inner pain go away. I see an ugly body as a result of years of starving and ramming fingers down my throat. I see what has always been and will always be a nobody.

I feel pain just as much as I feel love. I have a soul like anyone else. Hateful words can bring out the worst things in people. Who's to say that the next mean thing a person says won't turn into the hammer that will break a person down forever.

Remember this. Always.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Nov 6, 2009, 11:13 PM
Babygirl..I see you and I dont see ugly, I dont see failure or clingyness. I see a beautuful souled young woman who has a very rough road, and who has had to grow up before her time, who has had to endure more than you ever Should have been amde to. I see a woman who is open-minded, who is stronger than she truly knows, and who has strength beyond what she ever realizes.
I see creativity, bold inititive, a free beautiful spirit who loves hard when she does love. :}]I see me 35 years ago, and thats why I Know that you'll be fantastic at no matter What you do. I have faith in you, its your turn. ;)
Hugssss
Cat

curiousnlooking83
Nov 6, 2009, 11:26 PM
You can't trust what YOU see in the mirror because your own opinion is biased. As for those who would say mean things, that's usually more about masking THIER insecurities.

If you are getting the complements you mentioned, go with it. Complements are hard to come by, and you have some nice ones. I'd trust the good that you've heard.

darkeyes
Nov 7, 2009, 6:46 AM
Ris me luffly..yas not alone..mos of us 2 sum extent put on a face 2 the world 2 hide our insecurities..hide how we truly c oursels.. me no diff from u ther.. in public.. confident, cheery, cheeky, tarty an brash.. 2 mesel..an 2 Kate nowadays.. am not as confident as me thinks me is, think me is 2 skinny, don like me teeth, h8 me tidgies (such as they r, don like me more selfish traits (am tryin ther..honest), an cud go on for weeks bout how me reely thinks a mesel.. we r human hun.. an bein human we c oursels subjectively not as the world c's us (usually equally subjectively).. sumwer in the middle thats wer we r.. so hav lil snog (muuuuaaah).. an jus b happy hun..:)

Long Duck Dong
Nov 7, 2009, 7:32 AM
People see me, and they say I'm strong. They say I'm intelligent. They say i'm pretty. They say I'm fun. People see me, and they say that I'm talented. They say that I can hold my own. They say that I've got a lot going for me. People see me, and they say that I'm the perfect shoulder to cry on. They say that I can make others sadness go away. Most of all they say that they see happiness...

I look in the mirror, and I see a scared little girl. I see someone who is way too dependent. I see a failure. I see ugliness. I see the scars on my skin left behind by many nights of trying to make the inner pain go away. I see an ugly body as a result of years of starving and ramming fingers down my throat. I see what has always been and will always be a nobody.

I feel pain just as much as I feel love. I have a soul like anyone else. Hateful words can bring out the worst things in people. Who's to say that the next mean thing a person says won't turn into the hammer that will break a person down forever.

Remember this. Always.

dammit rissa, stop using my mirror..... lol

a dear friend once said to me, we are beauty and the beast, we see the beast, and others see the beauty.....but we are one and the same....

now rissa..... you have not failed, as to fail is to succeed at not succeeding,
its a paradox, and something you can never do..... so we break even....

like me, you are somebodies treasure, somebodies gem, somebodies heart of gold, for me its my partner, for you, its your husband and your children so you can never be worthless if you are worth something to those that really love you.....

there are many people in the site that have a hidden side, like you, of pain and suffering, hurt and hell, but its the people that reach out to you for your words, your smiles your hugs, that give people like me and many others the reason to laugh and joke and smile..... and we become the shining light for others that reach out to us......
not only are you a shining light for many but you ignite the light in them that shines for even more people....

I am thankful for people like you and the others in the site... that help me with igniting my light so I too can shine for others...

Realist
Nov 7, 2009, 7:50 AM
Rissa, there are some things in a person's brain that seems to focus on the detriments, rather than the good aspects of one's being. No amount of accolades from others will make you feel like the person we see in you, until you are able to do that for yourself.

Actually, I understand you and can easily relate. People tell me I'm handsome, personable, talented, and sensuous. However, I have found every personal intellectual and physical flaw and dwelled on them, while failing to see myself as others do.

Only recently, with the help of my magnificent GF, who is also bi, have I come to accept myself. I will never be cocky and self-assured about my appearance, or intellectual abilities, but I am coming to terms with my life.

I only hope you don't take as long as I did, to get to the point where you're comfortable with yourself!

For what it's worth, I think you're a bright, loving, exceptionally open-minded lady, who has only begun your journey in life. You've had a rough beginning, but the struggle makes the good, that I hope comes for you, all that much sweeter.

TaylorMade
Nov 7, 2009, 12:55 PM

Remember this. Always.

I see a tough as nails Army Mom close to my own age, but more mature than her years.

And yer hawt too. :p

*Taylor*

TwylaTwobits
Nov 7, 2009, 1:54 PM
Rissa honey we all look in that mirror and see every imperfection magnified...everything we have done we analyze 20 ways from Sunday. But in the end.... what we see is not who we are. You are a writer of talent, a very beautiful woman, a loving mother, a loved and loving wife. You are Rissababy and I'm proud to have met you on this site.

onewhocares
Nov 7, 2009, 4:35 PM
Was going to quote both Cat and Realist but have opted to share my own thoughts. I have looked in the mirror that rests upon your wall, by chance just glancing to see who has passed there. The reflection that I see is of a young woman, too young for her years for circumstances have not given her many options. I see a woman who is so determined to overcome life's harshness and become a blossoming flower who each day grows and develops with her own strength. As each petal comes to unfurl another sign of her beauty emerges. Her devotion to her children, the supporter of her husband in service to his country. A friend and confidante. A writer whose words move many. I see a determined woman, of character and strength who shall conquer all and achieve great things. As the saying goes...the mirror never lies.

Belle

Doggiestyle
Nov 7, 2009, 8:32 PM
Just me thinkin here. But I believe that if you will take a hammer and smash that mirror, you will have 7 (or more) years of good luck!!! :cool:
:2cents: Thats all! Your friend, :doggie:

_Joe_
Dec 7, 2009, 8:15 AM

Remember this. Always.

Stop talking and let me gaze into your nipples of the future!

mmm. Nipples. MMM FUTURE.

Doggie_Wood
Dec 7, 2009, 9:00 AM
Rissa sweetie - the mirror you look into is one that a good many of us have had on our walls at one time or another. Faith! Faith in yourself, a helping friend or lover, a higher power should you so choose - and the courage to get past that which holds you back.
You know of course that you have a good many friends that love you here on site and want nothing but the best for you.

Now - take that mirror and turn it around - take a deep breath - think of yourself as the beautiful woman that you are (tip: think from the inside out) - - turn the mirror back around and see the vibrant, shinning child of the universe that you are and that we here all see.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/Dogwoods_place/wallpaperhd_HDSpaceandPlanetsWallpa.jpg

Doggie :doggie:

rissababynta
Dec 7, 2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks all for your kind words. Especially you, Joe. That was...interesting haha. I was very upset with a friend the day I wrote this because she has a habit of running her mouth without thinking twice...or once really. Why this thread popped back up out of no where is beyond me, but whatever lol. What can I say though? This is just me, so, yeah...

MarieDelta
Dec 7, 2009, 12:33 PM
Rissa,

Sorry this happened to you. You are a gorgeous and wonderful woman with a wicked sense of humor.

Just remember the ol' Latin proverb "Illegitimi non carborundum" or "don't let the bastards get you down"

hugs and love dear

_Joe_
Dec 7, 2009, 2:48 PM
Thanks all for your kind words. Especially you, Joe. That was...interesting haha. I was very upset with a friend the day I wrote this because she has a habit of running her mouth without thinking twice...or once really. Why this thread popped back up out of no where is beyond me, but whatever lol. What can I say though? This is just me, so, yeah...

I just re read what I wrote and asked myself, "What the hell did I just say"

Then I saw your post here and thought, ok my reply deserves an explanation of thought process.

First, we all know the stereotypical reply to say to a nice woman who bares her soul and tries to open up to is, and that is "SHOW US YOUR TITS!"

Well, I am above that. I'm a nice guy and stuff.

And I was pre occupied, seeing how I was trying to get the channel Boomerang on Dish Network as I saw months ago they had one of my all time favorite cartoons "Rocko's Modern Life" and my wife wants to see Cow and Chicken. So I got it, and after much searching learned they no longer have Rocko's Modern Life.

I am really bummed.

So I am looking at this forum while googling bootleg copies of RML, and placed my order. The Synopsis on one page talks about some of the characters of the show - one being a super hero named "Really Really Big Man". His name is not based on his weight , but that being a super hero he's got a huge upper body for doing his super hero stuff, he's a "really, really, big man".

One of his super powers is that he likes to grab people and shove them into his chest so that he can use his NIPPLES OF THE FUTURE, which shoot out of his pectoral muscles and into your eye sockets and ...well, get this - see into the future.

So, I'm a step above telling you to shut up and show me yours tits, but a step below shut up and press upon my eye balls your nipples and show me my future.

Glad we have come to this understanding.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Dec 7, 2009, 3:49 PM
She doesnt Need theraphy, not when she has all of us to love and help her. Assholes discluded of course. :tong:
I dont know how this back threads keep getting resserected, but they dont matter not. The only thing that matters is the future and how you feel ToDay.
You Go, Girlfriend.;)
Cat

rissababynta
Dec 7, 2009, 3:55 PM
I just re read what I wrote and asked myself, "What the hell did I just say"

Then I saw your post here and thought, ok my reply deserves an explanation of thought process.

First, we all know the stereotypical reply to say to a nice woman who bares her soul and tries to open up to is, and that is "SHOW US YOUR TITS!"

Well, I am above that. I'm a nice guy and stuff.

And I was pre occupied, seeing how I was trying to get the channel Boomerang on Dish Network as I saw months ago they had one of my all time favorite cartoons "Rocko's Modern Life" and my wife wants to see Cow and Chicken. So I got it, and after much searching learned they no longer have Rocko's Modern Life.

I am really bummed.

So I am looking at this forum while googling bootleg copies of RML, and placed my order. The Synopsis on one page talks about some of the characters of the show - one being a super hero named "Really Really Big Man". His name is not based on his weight , but that being a super hero he's got a huge upper body for doing his super hero stuff, he's a "really, really, big man".

One of his super powers is that he likes to grab people and shove them into his chest so that he can use his NIPPLES OF THE FUTURE, which shoot out of his pectoral muscles and into your eye sockets and ...well, get this - see into the future.

So, I'm a step above telling you to shut up and show me yours tits, but a step below shut up and press upon my eye balls your nipples and show me my future.

Glad we have come to this understanding.

I used to be obsessed with Rocko's Modern Life. I remember when they would play it later at night and I'd stay up til 2 in the morning watching it.

rissababynta
Dec 10, 2009, 1:35 PM
If she's this horribly depressed, being self destructive cutting herself, and having an eating disorder all the chatting in the world on this site is not going to help her or be nearly as beneficial to her as much as wanting to change and talking to a professional therapist will be.

I no longer cut. I still battle the aftereffects of an eating disorder, but that is no longer an active issue either. I've seen professionals in the past. Thanks for your concern but I'm good.

Bi-Zarro
Dec 10, 2009, 2:12 PM
WE LOVE U MISSA RISSA :three: