PDA

View Full Version : What do I do now?

Emotional Masochist
Oct 29, 2009, 8:20 PM
OK. SO i figured out that I am BI. So i acknowledge who I am. Now what? What do I do? At first I thought I should tell people and so I did. I told my closest friends and some of my family. I told people who I knew would except me as I was. Now, I don't know what to do. I got a lot of support from a few of my friends, but most just act like they didn't know. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this. I was expecting some sort of weird look or some advice, but I got nothing. Just a smile and "yeah we know." I know I should be happy with that, but now what. You know I thought things would make sense when I finally admitted it to myself, but I am just as confused as I was before. Does this make sense to anyone else? Am I making an issue out of nothing?

MarieDelta
Oct 29, 2009, 10:07 PM
Just because you've figured out that you are bi (or gay or trans or ?) Doesnt mean everything else in your life suddenly makes sense. you say that you are confused, about what? Is it confusion that has to do with your sexuality, or something else.

Sometimes it helps to have someone to talk to about these things, sometimes it helps to have friends that walk (or have walked ) the path you're on.

Just know that confusion isnt just a GLBT thing, ok?

Justin Chad Taylor
Oct 29, 2009, 10:18 PM
:bipride:The first thing is to go on with your life and daily routines. It is a big step to finally come out and admit your bisexuality. It is expected to be confused and have many different emotions going through your head. I do not know how old you are, but I am almost 30 and I am still have issues that I am going through. Being bisexual is a beautiful thing and always be proud of who you are;however, there are times when things get can get difficult. I have a girlfriend who I love very much and a male bestfriend that I have been in love since we were in high school. It is not easy to choose one over the other, so for now I need to take one day at a time. I say give it time and you can always ask questions on this web site which I am glad I found. Be proud and best wishes!!!:flag4:

Long Duck Dong
Oct 30, 2009, 12:14 AM
the first, second and third things you do.... are continue your life the same way you have, every day before you came out

nothing has changed.... you are still you..... you still feel the same, look the same... breath the same.....

but now you learn about your bisexuality, what your boundaries are... and that can involve social interaction, like going to a social group, a LGBT bar etc etc

its a bit like the collage grad that gets their cert and yoohoos and yells then realises that nothing have changed.... there is still bills to pay, mouths to feed, chores to do..... but now they have the ability to expand their horizons..... they could work at mcdonalds or work at some business that has room for promotion and upskilling

the choice is yours.... do you start to move in the same social circles as before... or do you add some more social circles....and expand

mbigtim
Oct 30, 2009, 12:42 PM
I think that you are making an issue out of a non-issue. The fact that your friends are treating you the exact same as they did beforehand just goes to show that you picked your friends well. If anything your first same sex relationship you expose them too may be a shock, but at least they were forewarned by you of the possibility. Just take your life in stride and continue as you were prior to coming out. :tong:

Donkey_burger
Oct 30, 2009, 9:01 PM
What do you do now?
1. Be grateful for the friends, and family that you have. Not everyone gets that kind of support.
2. Seek other friends, both off- and online, who are bi themselves and know what you are going through.

DB :flag2:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 30, 2009, 11:31 PM
Your life shouldnt be any different, Hon. You're Bi, and thats a very cool thing, but it shouldnt change WHo you are. You are you, just have fun with it. :}
Cat