PDA

View Full Version : Unique Christmas Present Ideas

still_shy
Oct 29, 2009, 3:55 PM
Some of you may cringe when you see the word Christmas :) Yep, it's right around the corner. And I need some ideas for gifts. My husband is usually easy to buy for, I generally buy him a musical instrument or something to do with music but this year, I'm stumped. He's 29, loves music and drag racing, paints with oils and likes to build things. Any ideas?

And then there's my daughter. I know there are parents out there who could help me come up with something good for her. She's 8 years old. I want to come up with an idea that will totally blow her away this Christmas. Usually I have a ton of good ideas but this year all I can come up with are small items. She likes to sew and scrapbook with me so I'm thinking of maybe putting together a sewing box for her with fabric, patterns, thread etc.... Help please.... Please don't think poorly of me for not being able to come up with a good idea for my kid, believe me, I've thought about it too much and am just coming up empty.

cannibal4
Oct 29, 2009, 4:34 PM
If your husband likes all type of music and plays instruments, get him a banjo!
he'll love it and will take him forever to learn..

Realist
Oct 29, 2009, 4:58 PM
Great Idea! My great uncle took about 4 years to learn the banjo!

Shy, for your husband, how about an autographed poster, or photo, from Don Garlets, the famous drag racer? I can get one for you, I think. His museum is not too far from here and I go up there several times a year. Let me know.

My friend made up a sewing box for her daughter, with lots of scraps from family members. They were cut into squares and her daughter sewed a patch-work quilt with them. She knows who each piece of cloth came from and now, 20 years later, she still cherishes it.

Each piece has the contributor's initials in the lower/right-hand corner.

still_shy
Oct 29, 2009, 5:08 PM
Realist, that would be awesome!! I think he would really love that!

He has a banjo, four guitars, an autoharp, a violin, a mandolin and more that I can't think of right now :) He's a tough one to buy for!

I was hoping the sewing box idea was a good one. I am going to do the same Realist. That's a great idea to have family members make squares. I know my mom and grandma would get a big kick out of contributing to it.

Thanks guys!

darkeyes
Oct 30, 2009, 6:45 AM
Great Idea!
Shy, for your husband, how about an autographed poster, or photo, from Don Garlets, the famous drag racer? I can get one for you, I think. His museum is not too far from here and I go up there several times a year. Let me know.

*Imagines a dozen ole drag queens zoomin 2 winnin tape in ther heels an glittry gear, hairpieces flailin an trippin each otha up, skint knees an droopy falsies*

*Giggles*:bigrin:

Realist
Oct 30, 2009, 9:46 AM
Darkeyes, you're a sick puppy!

You may be thinking of a different type of "Drag" and "Drag Queens"!

Funny corollary, though!

Realist
Oct 30, 2009, 9:47 AM
Shy, how about a harmonica?

foreverbi
Oct 30, 2009, 10:06 AM
Shy, how about a harmonica?

I don't know if husband is in to this or not, but as for myself I would LOVE to get a new BBQ or smoker. Since I already have 5 BBQ's I am sure my wife would veto this idea, but that's what I would like. ;):2cents:

csrakate
Oct 30, 2009, 10:34 AM
*Imagines a dozen ole drag queens zoomin 2 winnin tape in ther heels an glittry gear, hairpieces flailin an trippin each otha up, skint knees an droopy falsies*

*Giggles*:bigrin:

Just for you, Frannie!
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu205/csrakate1/IMG_2110.jpg
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu205/csrakate1/drag-360.jpg