PDA

View Full Version : men and moodiness

gayle
May 14, 2005, 9:46 PM
I guess this is as good a place as any to ask this question. I've been told that men get something kind of like PMS, a time when they are moodier than usual. Does anyone have any opinions on that? I'm just wondering because it seems like every 6 weeks or so, my bf gets really testy and I can never quite figure out what the heck is going on. It lasts for 2-3 days and then he settles down. When he's moody like that, I can't even ask him what's going on because he'll snap at me and deny there's a problem. My father has moody spells as well, so I'm just wondering. . . Is there really a male form of PMS? If so, how do we women figure out when this might be coming up so we can take cover?
Thanks for any input!
Gayle

TrimBeardHairyBod
May 15, 2005, 5:02 AM
Hi Gayle

I've never heard of a specific 'mood cycle' in men. That said, I'm just wondering if these regular mood swings have anything to do with the biorhythms that we all have. It could well be that your boyfriend and father are more susceptible to them.

Check out this site: www.facade.com/biorhythm

If you input the person's date of birth, the system will graph their emotional, intellectual and physical cycles. It'll be interesting to see if any of them correlate with the mood swings you report.

Will be interested to hear how you make out.

SC_CPL
May 15, 2005, 8:07 PM
Yes we do, But it is normally the stress of life building up and our inability to express what is going on. Give him some space during this time normally in just a couple days he will express to you what is bothering him. Just try to remember that most guys are tought too hold back their feelings and work what ever problem out for themselves. This does not mean that they do not love you or care very much for you and your family, but the CAVE MAN in us wants to make everthing right.

Richard

bigregory
May 15, 2005, 8:47 PM
But it is normally the stress of life building up and our inability to express what is going on. This does not mean that they do not love you or care very much for you and your family, but the CAVE MAN in us wants to make everthing right.

Richard
Yes we get it .i do once a month when the bills come in and even worse when work is not going well,thats when i get PMS worse than any woman ever...
i dont think there is any (moon) cycle or anything like that ,at least not for me.
Like SC_CPL says its the caveman wanting to provided for his clan..

gayle
May 15, 2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks gentlemen for your input! It is much appreciated. I hadn't thought about biorhythms. Gotta admit, the cave man theory amused me and it also seems like a good explanation. He does have a tendency when he's got a problem to just block everyone & everything out until he figures out what he's going to do or until he decides he's got to talk to someone about it.
Gayle

Fresia
Apr 8, 2015, 1:07 PM
Bump it up!

charles-smythe
Apr 8, 2015, 2:50 PM
I guess this is as good a place as any to ask this question. I've been told that men get something kind of like PMS, a time when they are moodier than usual. Does anyone have any opinions on that? I'm just wondering because it seems like every 6 weeks or so, my bf gets really testy and I can never quite figure out what the heck is going on. It lasts for 2-3 days and then he settles down. When he's moody like that, I can't even ask him what's going on because he'll snap at me and deny there's a problem. My father has moody spells as well, so I'm just wondering. . . Is there really a male form of PMS? If so, how do we women figure out when this might be coming up so we can take cover?
Thanks for any input!
Gayle...I've always thought men had monthly mental moodiness like girl's periods...

1funguy
Apr 8, 2015, 3:32 PM
Actually for me it relates to our natural biorhythms. I'll get into a confused, not sure what is going on state of mind every so often, so I check my biorhythms and sure enough I'm at the bottom of most if not all areas of energy. Emotionally, spiritually, physically all play apart in who we are, it's science. If you're skeptical check it out when you seem to be confused and moody.

Melody Dean
Apr 8, 2015, 5:00 PM
I've noticed this too. Especially with my husband, but he's bipolar. But I also have a friend who will go through spurts of wanting to chat every day and being very enthusiastic, to not talking to me for a week or so. At first I was offended, but now I'm just kind of used to it. If I don't hear from him for a while, I'll shoot him a message asking if everything's okay.