PDA

View Full Version : Good place to meet people besides personal ads?

sqa7742
Oct 23, 2009, 7:14 PM
I'm a bi-curious guy, and not a big fan of personal ads. I always find it's a little awkward meeting someone in person after you've connected on line. You may have e-mail chemistry, but not in-person chemistry. I'd rather know immediately whether there's chemistry or not.

This is going to sound weird, but has anyone had any success finding bi people in bars?

Long Duck Dong
Oct 23, 2009, 9:24 PM
you can try that.... its a better way to see what you are getting, in the flesh... tho its still not a clear indication of any emotional / mental baggage....but you can walk away if it feels bad.....

I do know of a number of people that do cruise and hook up.... but as they will say themselves... its safe sex or no sex....

FalconAngel
Oct 24, 2009, 12:13 AM
The best places that I have found are clubs that are sexuality neutral or places that encourage all sexualities to come in. Clubs that hold regular drag shows are good for that.

There have been a few in our area, but they went the way of the dodo. Wish that there were more in our area, but none have been resurrected, as far as I know.

DiamondDog
Oct 24, 2009, 1:53 AM
This is going to sound weird, but has anyone had any success finding bi people in bars?

saq-Not a weird question at all.

I have met more bisexuals in bars (all types of bars not just gay/GLBT bars/dance clubs) and in public places than I can count.

I have excellent bidar/gaydar and they can usually pick up on me too. ;)

I only use the internet to chat with people not hook up and if I'm going to date someone I prefer meeting them face to face.