PDA

View Full Version : *Rips out hair screaming*

rissababynta
Oct 20, 2009, 11:15 AM
I got a rejection letter today for my book...and the ONLY reason why they said no is because they represent young adult and though my word count and everything was for young adult, the characters weren't quite young enough...

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FUCKIN FRUSTRATING IT WAS TO READ THAT!?!?!

Realist
Oct 20, 2009, 11:45 AM
Most authors have trouble getting established, Rissa. Hang in there...once you get published, if the readers like it, you'll have them begging you for more.

Then, you'll be working your ass off!

I'll buy one!

welickit
Oct 20, 2009, 12:10 PM
I never tried to write a book.........but back during the Viet Nam war I did read a draft notice letter.........I think I can relate to how hard it was to read the letter you mention. I lived through the war bi keeping a positive attitude against all odds. You can do the same and make it work for you. Go give it hell and remember to smile. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life, make it work for you. Good Luck!

Donkey_burger
Oct 20, 2009, 1:06 PM
I got a rejection letter today for my book...and the ONLY reason why they said no is because they represent young adult and though my word count and everything was for young adult, the characters weren't quite young enough...

What? So young adults don't read books unless the characters are a certain age? What a fucking stereotype!

DB :bipride:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 20, 2009, 2:31 PM
lol I've gotten many of those, Darlin...and YES it is frustrating. Ya caint please ever'body, Hon. Just keep submitting them and one day someone will love it and say "Got nay more?" lol
Hugs Sweetie
Been there, can relate wit'cha Cat.

baachus
Oct 20, 2009, 2:59 PM
Is it possible that those that rejected your book are, mentally, going through puberty? Maybe your story went right over their heads.

Keep plugging away, laugh through the frustration. Good things are sure to come.

Billys_gurl
Oct 20, 2009, 8:11 PM
I, too, write books and short stories. I applaud you for submitting them. I don't have the confidence to do that. I have 1 book in particular that I absolutely love my characters and story but still can't bring myself to turn it in. My short story book is erotic, well explicit really and I wouldn't even know where to send it.:)

sam73
Oct 20, 2009, 8:22 PM
Billys_gurl, you may look into Samhain Publishing. Or Ellora's Cave. I wrote a short story for a contest that Samhain Publishing had last year and while I didn't win, it gave me the courage to keep shopping the story around.

Canticle
Oct 20, 2009, 9:00 PM

Rissa....keep trying! Eventually, you will be successful and then the success will spur you on, to even greater things.

rissababynta
Oct 20, 2009, 9:58 PM
Billys_gurl...google is a wonderful thing haha. There are lists of publishers and agents. Many publishers don't accept unsolicited pieces anymore, which is why going with an agent is usually a writers best bet.

roy m cox
Oct 21, 2009, 12:03 AM
the word for this is they suck,,

keep trying Rissa don't give up id love to get one of your books so plz keep going :)

:bipride::bipride::bipride::bipride:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 21, 2009, 12:27 AM
Hey Rissa..me and Iggy will read yours if'n you read mine. Do you like Sci-Fi? Native American Love stories? Who done its? Erotics? :}
Cat

rissababynta
Oct 21, 2009, 9:37 AM
Hey Rissa..me and Iggy will read yours if'n you read mine. Do you like Sci-Fi? Native American Love stories? Who done its? Erotics? :}
Cat

I love all that kind of stuff haha. In all actuality, I like most any kind of story as long as it catches me.