PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Movies

Justin Chad Taylor
Oct 17, 2009, 12:48 PM
I was just wondering what eveyones favorite Halloween Movie is?:cool:

roy m cox
Oct 17, 2009, 2:37 PM
friday the 13th i have all of them and other horror flicks that are b movies and yes i do like the stupid b movies just cuzz thay are so fake :bigrin:

and happy Halloween:eek:

rissababynta
Oct 17, 2009, 2:55 PM
Hocus Pocus!!!

lol Ok, so this may not be my favorite, but that is the first one that came to mind, and hell everyone likes Hocus Pocus haha.

curiousmel24
Oct 17, 2009, 3:18 PM
I think I would have to say "Ernest Scared Stupid" although I haven't seen it in a while so the "Saw" movies, I have a tradition where I go every Halloween to see the newest one....."Saw VI" comes out soon and I'm getting excited

rissababynta
Oct 17, 2009, 3:21 PM
I think I would have to say "Ernest Scared Stupid" although I haven't seen it in a while so the "Saw" movies, I have a tradition where I go every Halloween to see the newest one....."Saw VI" comes out soon and I'm getting excited

I only saw up to Saw III. Everyone is saying that they are starting to get boring cause it's the same thing every movie, but I don't care I still want to see them haha.

codybear3
Oct 17, 2009, 4:47 PM
I like the original Night of the living dead and the remake of the same movie (in color with a cute short hair red-head playing Barbaras role) but with a twist in the end... I really can't say that those are may favoeites cuz I really like all the spooky flix... :paw::paw:

P.S. - Does "The Devil in Mrs. Jones" count???

SJ37AndSteph
Oct 17, 2009, 5:28 PM
Two of my favs was the shinning and amintyville horror i love those movies but really will watch any scary movie i love scary movies.

chuck1124
Oct 17, 2009, 7:04 PM
Two of my favs was the shinning and amintyville horror i love those movies but really will watch any scary movie i love scary movies.
Rissababy, I'm with you. Hocus Pokus is a great Halloween movie. How they got Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker to look so delightfully awful is a masterpiece. I guess I'm not into too much horror, although, Halloween in my house is almost as big a deal a Christmas. My next favorite Halloween movie is Young Frankenstein.

tg Shannon
Oct 18, 2009, 12:31 AM
Hocus Pocus is Awesome, I also like Spaced invaders, When good Ghouls go Bad and ofcorse......Its the great pumpkin Charlie Brown

FalconAngel
Oct 18, 2009, 2:31 AM
Hocus Pocus, Corpse Bride, Monster House, Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein, Van Helsing, The Mummy, The Mummy Returns.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 18, 2009, 8:36 PM
Hocus Pocus and Practical Magic. Even tho the Halloween Part isnt til the end ..lol
Cat

littlerayofsunshine
Oct 18, 2009, 8:40 PM
I must be the tard,

My fav childhood one is "The Worst Witch".... Now as an adult I find myself drawn back to the movies from long ago.. "Frankenstein" black and white.. And cheesy cult movie horror, Ghoulies, Critters, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, ect ect...

Horror movies rarely raise my pulse these days.. Unlike their Gamer counterparts.. Those give me the heebie jeebies....

Nadir
Oct 19, 2009, 7:26 PM
Well,I think that some of my favorite ones are From Dusk Till Dawn, The Shining, Alien, El Espinazo del Diablo ( The Devil´s Backbone), Braindead, The Silence of the Lambs, Hellraiser, Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre( the 1974 version,mind you...),Re-animator, The Thing, Night of the Living Dead and its sequels(Dawn of the Dead,etc...), Evil Dead/Army of Darkness, House of 1000 Corpses/The Devil´s Reject, The Predator, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland :P

curiousmel24
Oct 19, 2009, 7:34 PM
I have to amend my earlier answer to include Evil Dead 1 & 2 and Army of Darkness, because those movies are awesome. Thanks Nadir for reminding me about them. Ernest Scared Stupid is still my favorite though.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 19, 2009, 7:37 PM
All of those are good Halloween movies. I Loved 'monster' movies growing up. My Mom thought they were "Grusome" lol Loved the original Frankenstien, Wolfman, Dracula, Mummy and Creature from the Black Lagoon. (My half-brother's Uncle was in there...Rex Reasons, and his brother Rhoads Reasons played in Invasion of the flying saucers)
Loved Lavithon, Them (About giant ants) The Crawling Hand, ANY Vincent Price movie, or Bela Lagosi and Boris Karloff. Ya know..old school horror back then...lol
Those were designed to scare hell out of you, not gross you out with alot of blood and gore.

Happy Halloween Ya'll. Anybody wanna come to my house and sit in the dark wif me, eat popcorn and nachos and watch old scary movies? lol
Silly Cat

buck-rogers
Oct 20, 2009, 3:34 AM
Hellraiser still makes my skin crawl everytime I see it, it's my favourite horror movie because it's the only one without a werewolf that actually scared the shit out of me (I have a thing about werewolves).

Pumpkinhead is a really good one for it's atmosphere and amazing special effects (better than any CG). I also saw Drag Me To Hell recently, I've never jumped from the scares and laughed my ass off in such delight like I did with that one.

Nadir
Oct 20, 2009, 7:20 AM
You are welcome, curiousmel24 :) Those are two of my favorite movies as well. I remember watching Army of Darkness at my best mate´s house back when we were little and we absolutely loved to see Bruce Campbell kicking some Deadite´s ass. By Monday, we were reciting all of Ash´s lines on the film on the school playground ("This is MY BOOMSTICK" especially comes to mind). I consider Hellraiser one of my favorite cult films of all time (Clive Barker is a guy with one hell of an imagination, even if it is one full of creepiness), especially the treatment of pain as a source of pleasure, and the fact that the villain of the film are not the Cenobites, but just an hedonist bastard who tried to bend reality for his own twisted purposes.