PDA

View Full Version : Why are we pointing fingers?

JessyRee
Oct 1, 2009, 6:56 PM
Ok I read a post and somehow my name was brought up..The post is about ppl pretending to be bi when they are in fact lesbian or gay.Yes Im attracted to women Yes im attracted to my husband Yes I prefer women but like men also.Call me what you will but Im going to continue to identify as bi.It has nothing to do with fear as everyone I know now knows anyway so whats the big deal?Why does it matter to other ppl what we identify as and its sorta crappy to bring it up because there are some that maybe are confused about weather they are bi or gay.Not all bisexuals are 50/50..Why cant we all just get along and stop singling ppl out.Lets just be a happy room.

Long Duck Dong
Oct 1, 2009, 7:51 PM
lol I read the thread and I was amused by the post..... half of me was thinking that the person was venting their sexual frustration and inability to find anybody that wanted to sleep with them lol

honestly and seriously...there will always be people that think that are correct in their assumptions and beliefs in outing others....often, they make accusations or assumptions that are widely inaccurate...and can have long term issue causing effects.....

activists and activist groups are not fueled by the truth, but by their own personal beliefs and opinions....and don't stop to think about their actions or words...just their personal agenda

they use the same ideal as bisexuals... * I think therefore I am *....and I am no different... I am attracted to both genders, but I am attracted to intersex and trans gender as well.....and I id as bi...but have been labeled as pansexual...the trouble is I see intersex and trans as the gender they wish to be seen as and often that narrows it down to two genders...and pan sexual refers to more than two gender attraction..... either way...I am happy to love and be loved....and id as bi

innaminka
Oct 1, 2009, 8:08 PM
Wrong labels have probably started as many fights/wars as territorial duisputes.

I entered this forum many years ago as (in my mind) a confirmed bisexual. The posts/advice here were what I was about.
As time has passed, I know I have had to change my label - I'm now lesbian.
- just a natural evolvement within my persona. But then labels are meaningless, really!
Does that mean I am no longer eligible to voice my thoughts/opinions on this board???

Hopefully not.

I haven't changed: my ideas haven't changed.
Maybe its Pollyanna stuff, but let's be positive, and not as JR wrote - point fingers!

Falke
Oct 1, 2009, 8:11 PM
I know this is supposed to be serious...but with the title I had to do it. Also, nothing wrong with lightening the mood, ja?

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/7/30/nou128619151022807600.jpg

Rik_G_Ferris
Oct 1, 2009, 8:13 PM
I see what your saying I see a deep love for trans sexual in my heart. transsexuals are the same as you and me. I actually have a deep love for tranny's. I think the true ideal of bi love is to love your fellow human being. :bigrin:

Donkey_burger
Oct 1, 2009, 8:54 PM
I saw the thread. I put the thread starter on ignore.

DB :bipride:

AdamKadmon43
Oct 1, 2009, 9:27 PM
I really don't much give a damn what anyone's sexual proclivity happens to be just so long as they try to tolerate and exercise some decency towards people who happen to not be of their gender or their sexual proclivity.

I can not even begin to count the number of lesbians that I have met in my life who absolutely hate men (particularly straight men) and how many gays I have met who absolutely hate women (particularly straight women).

If people have that sort of an "attitude" problem, then maybe they should stay out of bisexual places and communicate in places where they are more comfortable and more likely to not have to deal with people of the opposite sex.

People can get very angry when someone comes into a public platform such as this and starts exercising some sort of exclusiveness.

Donkey_burger
Oct 4, 2009, 9:53 AM
So a nicer way of what you are saying is that people who are not bisexual do not belong here at all and should not post here?

I don't think that's what Adam meant at all. Rather, I interpreted what he said to mean that if you here to accuse people of not being bi, or even just to state your anti-bisexual beliefs, then you need to go someplace else where that sentiment is accepted. Not here.

by~his~side
Oct 4, 2009, 10:22 AM
That was my take on the post too, Donkey.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 4, 2009, 1:07 PM
Like I said before Jessy, dont pay any mind to the ramblings of those from the short attention span theater. What and who you are should mean Anything to people who dont know and who more'n likely never shall.
Dont worry bout the small stuff Babygirl. Small minds think that way, and should be over looked or pityed. You just keep on being You, and dont be overly concerned about what the rest of the world, and the peanut gallery, thinks. :}:cool:
Hugss
Cat

eddy10
Oct 4, 2009, 3:05 PM
I believe in the concept that you should be FREE to do what ever you want and be whatever you want ... so long as it does not tread on others rights to do the same.

AdamKadmon43
Oct 4, 2009, 6:58 PM
I don't think that's what Adam meant at all. Rather, I interpreted what he said to mean that if you here to accuse people of not being bi, or even just to state your anti-bisexual beliefs, then you need to go someplace else where that sentiment is accepted. Not here.

Thank you.

I guess that I was not very clear and got myself misunderstood. You expressed what I trying to say much better than I did.

Donkey_burger
Oct 5, 2009, 1:34 PM
Thank you.

I guess that I was not very clear and got myself misunderstood. You expressed what I trying to say much better than I did.

That's fine. I've had to have myself "translated" a few times. :)

DB :flag2: