PDA

View Full Version : Bisexual wasteland in a land o plenty

ketch1
Feb 23, 2006, 10:10 AM
Hi, I recently moved to a small town in Arkansas from the late and great New Orleans. I had been to this town many times before I moved so I wasn't suprised to find out that people here (whether in or out) are "in" for the sake of less gossip.

The town is very progressive. It is a haven for gays and lesbians and is a very "hippie" place, as such it is very eclectic. That is why of course, I moved here!

I belong to several different swing websites through which I have had face to face meetings and a subsequent date with a mf couple. The people from my general area who are bi (openly to only close friends) are very nervous about the possibility of being discovered and I respect that.

Because of the websites I belong to I have talked with a total of 12 people on line, but none seem serious about meeting.

I have been open about my bisexuality forever, My ads state that I am bisexual and that I am looking for mmf companionship. So I feel like I am being honest about my sexuality.

I know that I am not "Ken" of Ken and Barbie but I'm not a troll either. I am older (56) but attractive in a older guys kinda way not the DADDY type more athletic.

Perhaps I do not understand the small town mentality as I have never lived in a small town before.

Soooo my question is: "what tact I should take to find dates and ultimately a partner/s?" What am I doing wrong? Advice please!

Ketch1

smokey
Feb 23, 2006, 3:10 PM
I have noticed that A LOT of people who post ads, looking for a 3some are just doing it for cheap thrills (I guess) or that they are so timid, while they want to they just can't seem to carry through because I have had connections via ads that seemed to start fine, exchanged letters, e-mails, even a few phone calls but no shows when it actually came down to getting naked. I find the old get em drunk first, then take advantage of em method works great :bigrin:

happyjoe68
Feb 23, 2006, 4:25 PM
I understand your experiences, albeit from a non-swinging perspective. I've tried to chat to people, make friends, etc., but had little joy on this site, let alone any other.

I used to wonder why they never replied, perhaps they were bombarded with messages from other single males, or that I'm hideously ugly, etc., etc. In the end I've come to the conclusion that some people are simply not as sincere as you are, and you shouldn't waste any more time than is necessary on these people.

cabooseme2
Feb 23, 2006, 5:50 PM
Well my experiance in swing sites is I have hooked up with two couples thier first time haveing a 3some, then it seams to me that uot of the 30 + contacts I have made over the last couple of years has sprked intrest only or the guys saying that they are a couple but they want to meat first before introduceing the lady. So i like to converse more with them as a couple and try doing cam to cam chat before meeting this has helped me have my meetings with couples looking for another male. :tongue:

ketch1
Feb 24, 2006, 4:15 PM
All good advise, I think caboose might have the right tact. I have a web cam and rarely use it..so I will try inviting to the cam for a first intro. I also believe that meeting with the couple together is a the best approach. My problem is that I have a spouse that is paralyzed and can't and doesn't want sex. So, my sexual existence depends on others. I still love her and as such I am unwilling to abandon her but if she knew about my being bisexual it would be over..kinda of the chicken or egg thing.