PDA

View Full Version : I've seen this crap before....

Matthew547
Sep 15, 2009, 6:50 PM
I used to post on a message board critical of scientology and the practice thereof. The "Church" of Scientology is a multibillion dollar organization which ensnares 50,000 desperate souls who fanatically carry out the will of the "church", in short an organization that does not take kindly to those who speak out against it. The message board on which I posted was filled with various handles, orchestrated by an unknown number of individuals, who would pull a variety of tricks to try to stifle any dialogue and make the message boards an intimidating place for those who were vulnerable and seeking answers/companionship.

I was in a private conversation with a regular forum poster and chat room inhabitant just yesterday outlying the tricks that were used there and many of my predictions came to light. Our agitators most recent incarnation comes in the form of Quintus the Cat, who has effectively bumped meritorious threads off the front page of the forums and has gone on meritorious forums to harass those who have opened up a very vulnerable part of themselves.

Quite frankly, this shit is unacceptable and an affront to the dignity of the human condition. The individual who is harassing the forums is trying very hard to intimidate the lurker, who may be building the courage to introduce himself/herself, but is going to be drowned in Quintis' bullshit and ultimately intimidated out of doing so. I can not begin to conjecture the reasons why our agitators seem so intent on harassing us, but I urge anyone out there who believes that Quintis represents what one can expect on this site to not let this monster win. All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing and I can't sit by any longer and watch this jackass pollute the forums.

This message is primarily for the benefit of the lurkers to know that there are many kind, intelligent and helpful individuals in our forums and chat room and to not be put off by this jackass and his/her 101 handles of harassment. Idiots like this don't deserve a moment's consideration and can be completely bypassed. I, for one, have chosen not to ignore troll handles on the forums, as I wish to study the tactics utilized and counter them as necessary.

Remember, their goal is only to distract and agitate. Deny this individual those two objectives and, above all, do not let this idiot intimidate you. That is all for now.

With respect,

Matthew

_Joe_
Sep 15, 2009, 6:58 PM
Hear hear. I for one welcome new folks and encourage them to ignore the trolls and look over them to see us nice folks.

Every community has the local town idiot, ours just isn't as charming as the monty python one.

MetaSexual2
Sep 15, 2009, 7:34 PM
Matthew, I think you may conflating one or more people. They are possibly aliases of the same person, but I don't think so based on who I think Quintus is. His behaviour may seem a bit random and confrontational, but it isn't the type of nasty intimidation the "drive-by troll" as some have called it has been using. Quintus, despite appearances, appears to be looking for intelligent response.

Care to clarify (or not) herr kätzchen?

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 16, 2009, 12:33 PM
Well, since both of you, Quintus and Isit, are in Maryland, perhaps you should meet and hash it out. :} Clear the air, so to speak. That way it rules both of you out as trolls.
Cat

Shhhhh 47/F/usa
Sep 16, 2009, 1:49 PM
Quintus has been on my ignore list for a while so he's not a problem for me. Interesting that IsItAllOverMyFace knows so much about him and he just joined this month too.

_Joe_
Sep 16, 2009, 1:50 PM
HI shhhhhh

Do you like Toast, too ? I do. It is a good play for Jelly to lay!

brutal_priestess
Sep 17, 2009, 10:34 AM
*rolls eyes*

I've been online for quite a few years and I know a troll when I see one. Thing is, these days the internet has gone the way of the rest of the world. If you don't lick the balls of a forum's status quo you get labelled a troll.

Sorry Matt, know I'm a noob and noobs are best seen but not opinionated. Gotta disagree with you. Berserker is no troll.

_Joe_
Sep 17, 2009, 12:15 PM
*rolls eyes*

I've been online for quite a few years and I know a troll when I see one. Thing is, these days the internet has gone the way of the rest of the world. If you don't lick the balls of a forum's status quo you get labelled a troll.

Sorry Matt, know I'm a noob and noobs are best seen but not opinionated. Gotta disagree with you. Berserker is no troll.

A new person...says "Berserker is no troll", and I'm thinking who's Berserker. Oh, it's Cat with Berserker in his signature line.

* rolls eyes *

brutal_priestess
Sep 17, 2009, 12:24 PM
A new person...says "Berserker is no troll", and I'm thinking who's Berserker. Oh, it's Cat with Berserker in his signature line.

* rolls eyes *

Alright fine, I won't beat around the bush for the forum's sake. Yes, Quintus and I know each other outside of this forum. Oooh, big deal, right? Lots of people join forums that friends are also a part of. While I will say that he can be abrasive at times, I stand by my acertation that he's not a troll.

_Joe_
Sep 17, 2009, 12:46 PM
I'm trying to give the guy a chance, I really am. Moreso after reading what he said under his last name Azreal.

However it's hard to continue to be accepting when it seems the goal is to continously be abrasive.

eddy10
Sep 17, 2009, 12:57 PM
Hey folks, let's get back to the "bisexual" side of things.

Falke
Sep 17, 2009, 1:12 PM
*rolls eyes*

On a side note, I love your avatar!

brutal_priestess
Sep 17, 2009, 1:22 PM
*continuing side note*

Thanks! I'm a huge Jhonen Vasquez fan. Just got Squee's Wonderful Big Giant Book of Unspeakable Horrors as an early b-day present. ^_^

brutal_priestess
Sep 17, 2009, 3:31 PM
(sorry for the double post)

Hey Matt, hope you're proud of yourself.

BfloBiFun
Sep 17, 2009, 4:55 PM
Hey . . . I "troll" when I go fishing for muskie, walleye, pike etc. So does that mean I'm a troll ???

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 17, 2009, 7:35 PM
I dont think Az/Quintus/Isit is the "Old Troll" who does come on here now and then. That particular troll has about the brains of an earth worm (and thats vastly insulting the earth worm, actually) and gets off by degrading folks and using the same, old, tired, litineys over and over again. And for people that only know how to belittle and bad mouth...they can and will be considered trolls too, because of their little minded behavior. My best advice loves it to place those folks on your ignore list and dont pay them any mind. They arent worth the agrivation. :} :2cents:
Cat