PDA

View Full Version : Changing user name

Micjolly1
Sep 11, 2009, 10:27 PM
So my wife (were not really married, but i've been with her for 17 years) saw this site and wants to chat, post, ect.. she thinks it's cool. What she doesn't like is my user name, Micjolly1. Micjolly was a friend i had in highschool that was a nut. I always thought his name was goofy, so I use it. She will not talk to anybody as Micjolly, she wants Tess. So Tess it is. I think she would benefit from this site more than I would. How do I make the change?

eddy10
Sep 12, 2009, 1:35 AM
I think it would be nice if you each had your own accounts. And, refer to each other in your profiles. But, I do believe our illustrious, ingenious web master could get the change accomplished.

**Peg**
Sep 12, 2009, 11:18 AM
to change your username(s) you have to create a new profile: start over from scratch.

csrakate
Sep 12, 2009, 1:41 PM
Even if the site owner can do such things it looks like he's not going to as the main article on the site is very old.

I have seen older posts where people ask to have their accounts deleted and even that can't be done by him.

Then someone posted this:

Before you use this as an example of poor management by the owner, be aware that this person knows fully well why they have been banned...they just don't want to accept it. It has been explained to this person numerous times but they wish to argue the point and continue to return as another chatter. So please, have your opinions of the management if you will, but be aware that what you read may not always be the truth.

Canticle
Sep 12, 2009, 10:10 PM
Before you use this as an example of poor management by the owner, be aware that this person knows fully well why they have been banned...they just don't want to accept it. It has been explained to this person numerous times but they wish to argue the point and continue to return as another chatter. So please, have your opinions of the management if you will, but be aware that what you read may not always be the truth.

No, Kate...the person does not know why she has been banned. No reasons are ever given. The owner waited a very long, long, long time before banning my name Brotherjack and in my final post I was supporting the right of people upon this site, to post as they so wish..explicit or not.

I wanted to continue talking to the people I like talking to, so had to have another name....feet4walking. I made the mistake of sending a good friend of yours a private message to explain something, because I was afraid she may have heard a certain someone, telling more of his lies. That private message to her, was turned into a thread being opened, in the most dramatic manner.

I replied...politely to that thread...and withing half an hour had been banned and all my posts erased. I find that rather creepy...to think that someone is totally erased....so they cannot contaminate the rest of the community.

I came back with ''feetfourwalking''....made a very long and thought out post on the same thread, fully expecting to be banned again, but I addressed part of the thread to Drew and found I wasn't banned. I actually thought that I must have made him see my point of view.

After that I was careful how I worded my posts (you know, the useless ones, which are uninformative and add nothing to the decorum of the forum). I chatted quite happily to people I know, in the chat room, both in public and private. I come here to chat these days.

I did nothing as ''feetfourwalking'' that neede me banning again. Nothing at all.

''they just don't want to accept it. It has been explained to this person numerous times but they wish to argue the point and continue to return as another chatter. So please, have your opinions of the management if you will, but be aware that what you read may not always be the truth''

No, I will not accept what is not right or true. I think what you mean, is that you have explained to me numerous times. This does not make you right. I do not return as ''another'' chatter. I have never hidden who I am. What anyone reads from me. will be the truth, for I do not lie. I do not lie!!!

It seems most amusing to me that someone who has at least 7 different names, goes to the chat room to deliberately annoy people, holds an extremely low opinion of everyone, on every site they visit and who has been insulting in many, many posts and has been taken to task by many people, is allowed to remain on the site and others get banned. So many times I have seen people type in the chat room, ''Why can't he be banned?''........nothing happens though.

Double standards.

Canticle
Sep 12, 2009, 10:15 PM
Even if the site owner can do such things it looks like he's not going to as the main article on the site is very old.

I have seen older posts where people ask to have their accounts deleted and even that can't be done by him.

Then someone posted this:

Heh, you are going to have to decide for yourself whether or not I am a liar. Finding out for oneself if the best way. By the way..I don't lie....I despise liars! When the powers that be want to, they can remove people and erase all their posts.

Many have asked why their is no provision for cancelling an account oneself, or changing a name. Other sites do it. If you look at the members' list, you will see that there are people listed who have not been here for a few years. Just means the list gets longer and longer.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 12, 2009, 10:20 PM
So have her join under her own screen name. That way she can access it whenever she likes. :} ;)
Cat

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 12, 2009, 10:26 PM
Why in the world would you need so many screen names to come into a site that you have been banned from in the first place? This is what, the 4th or 5th one that you have now?
Cat

Canticle
Sep 12, 2009, 10:52 PM
Why in the world would you need so many screen names to come into a site that you have been banned from in the first place? This is what, the 4th or 5th one that you have now?
Cat

Do you not read posts? I am not going to explain again in great detail. I have not had multiple names. I have merely re-registered with another name, so that I can continue talking to the people I like talking to, or I have used a name that was registered long ago and not bothered with. No multiple names. My English is very good and very understandable and my posts make sense.

The person with at least 7 names and maybe more, is a certain person who's name I will not mention, but I think you know who I mean.

Ye gads, one explains things in plain English and still people do not understand.

BLCHGK777
Dec 13, 2009, 1:57 AM
Do you not read posts? I am not going to explain again in great detail. I have not had multiple names. I have merely re-registered with another name, so that I can continue talking to the people I like talking to, or I have used a name that was registered long ago and not bothered with. No multiple names. My English is very good and very understandable and my posts make sense.

The person with at least 7 names and maybe more, is a certain person who's name I will not mention, but I think you know who I mean.

Ye gads, one explains things in plain English and still people do not understand.

Dude that is what she said basically; you have registered multiple times and have had multiple userNAMES :kay: