PDA

View Full Version : 999

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 9, 2009, 10:51 PM
So did everyone survive the first 999 in this history? :} There were sooo many contoversies surrounding this and how everyone's live would be bad for this one day. Its my hope that everyone had a terriffic day. Mine wasnt...See if I go on a date that takes me to a Sushi place again...it made Both of us horribly sick before we made it to the doggone parking lot..lol
Big hugs to all..
Silly still green around the gills, Cat

12voltman59
Sep 9, 2009, 11:00 PM
A quiet and uneventful day for me---it was pretty here!!

I made a new dish I had never made before and it came out great--a Mexican style chicken and rice dish!!

So for me--it was not a great day--but it certainly was not a bad one!!

Sorry your's didn't go so well Cat!!!!

jem_is_bi
Sep 9, 2009, 11:19 PM
I usually have a lot of trouble remembering the date. Such as, did I miss the group meeting on 9/15 at 11 AM?
So, it was great not having that problem today.

Doggiestyle
Sep 9, 2009, 11:26 PM
ME, I went to the dentist today. I have to get fixed up with a crown. I told him that I wasn't a king or a queen, just a pauper and that I did not need a crown. He grinned real big while looking down at his pocket he was holding open, and said, yeah you do too. That was when he picked up his picks and shovels and went to work! DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM To me, dentist are a necessary evil. I don't like visiting them.

:bigrin: So Cat, you liked your dinner so well that you wound up tasting you dinner twice? Ughhhhhhh, thats awful

Right on Volt Man, Mexican would be my choice also. :cool:

Your friend, :doggie: .,.,.,.,.,.,.,. :bipride:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 10, 2009, 12:04 AM
Well thankfully That didnt happen Sweet Doggie, but it came pretty damn Close. Lets just say he had a bad day and work, and I wore a path in the hardwood floor beating feets (or paws), to the bathroom...*Blushes*
Cat

roy m cox
Sep 10, 2009, 1:06 AM
things was ok for me i had no problems :)

:bipride::bipride::bipride::bipride:

Realist
Sep 10, 2009, 7:09 AM
Cat, what's up with eating RAW fish...YUCK!! (as my little niece says)

That's what they make frying pans for, Girl!

stormalong
Sep 10, 2009, 8:11 AM
I bushhogged the back field, did some mowing up near the house, got my first tropical melons from the garden and did a bit of canning. Built the first autumn bonfire and watched it burn till sleepytime. A rather good day, actually.

catraveller
Sep 10, 2009, 10:56 AM
funny....in Asia the number 9 is considered a lucky number because the pronunciation is close to the word "long life". Couples were lining up to get married on 9-9-9, yesterday.

To bad there isn't a 6-9-69 coming up soon. - Imagine what thousands of couples would be lining up to do then.

Georgie_Girl
Sep 10, 2009, 11:57 AM
Took my daughter to the dentist, then the doctor. She's got a sinus infection and allergies,(poor thing's only 5) so we got to go to Walmart to get prescriptions filled. It was a boring day, but not bad.

Delilah
Sep 10, 2009, 12:41 PM
A guy who I once fell in love with popped up on my instant message...lol
That was it.

12voltman59
Sep 10, 2009, 1:33 PM
The other supposedly "unlucky days" are Friday the 13th--but since my birthday is the 13th of a month--when my Bday falls on those days--they tend to be good ones--and one year-in Florida---around my birthday and on it--I won enough numbers on both the regular lottery and a game they call "Fantasy Five"--to win a grand total of almost $5,000!! With one of those days being a Friday the 13th---so I kinda consider Friday the 13ths to be my lucky days!!

Now-those wins took place ages ago--and for the love of Pete---I have hardly won jack squat in the lottery since then!!:bigrin::bigrin:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 10, 2009, 3:53 PM
lol Yes Real, I know. I had no idea where he was taking me until we were already there. I hadnt had raw fish in Years but I figured I'd give it a shot. Yep, it was the same thought as I had back then..its Bait. :bigrin:
I contented myself with the sauteed veggies mainly, but it still made me sicker than hell..and I only had like two bites of it and the spicy sauce. (I think Thats what did me in, not so much the fish)
Ah well..lessons learned. :} :rolleyes:
Cat

Realist
Sep 10, 2009, 4:35 PM
I tried it one time, too, Cat. God, they just kept on putting more in front of me!

With the help of some very nice scotch, my taste buds were sufficiently numbed so I could get it down. It didn't make me sick, but I knew if I'd been stone sober, my "swaller pipe" would have never worked!

confused123
Sep 10, 2009, 6:41 PM
I had an awesome day, actually one of the best i've had in a while :bigrin:

elian
Sep 10, 2009, 8:54 PM
Whazzit?! Do people actually still WORRY about stuff like that? No wonder why there are so many unhappy people on drugs here in the US. It didn't even occur to me. You know it's pretty amazing just how blessed so many people are that all they have to worry about is "999".

Many <hugs>

-E

elian
Sep 10, 2009, 8:57 PM
ME, I went to the dentist today. I have to get fixed up with a crown. I told him that I wasn't a king or a queen, just a pauper and that I did not need a crown. He grinned real big while looking down at his pocket he was holding open, and said, yeah you do too. That was when he picked up his picks and shovels and went to work! DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM To me, dentist are a necessary evil. I don't like visiting them.

:bigrin: So Cat, you liked your dinner so well that you wound up tasting you dinner twice? Ughhhhhhh, thats awful

Right on Volt Man, Mexican would be my choice also. :cool:

Your friend, :doggie: .,.,.,.,.,.,.,. :bipride:

I once had a substitute hygienist, a bit of a sadist if I do say so - she used some sort of sandblaster instead of a polishing head at the end of the cleaning. She says "here, suck on this hose.." I wonder if she noticed my wry smile...