PDA

View Full Version : Little Doggie was this child's best friend!

12voltman59
Sep 9, 2009, 9:45 AM
Check this story out!

http://tinyurl.com/lrr86e

bret5668
Sep 9, 2009, 10:05 AM
heart warming story Volty, thanks for sharing

Realist
Sep 9, 2009, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry, but a cat would never do that! (A FELINE cat, not OUR CAT!)

How could you NOT love a dog like that?

12voltman59
Sep 9, 2009, 10:15 PM
I'm sorry, but a cat would never do that! (A FELINE cat, not OUR CAT!)

How could you NOT love a dog like that?

Actually cats do some amazing things too--just about a week ago there was a story that made the late local TV News in Dayton, Ohio about a cat that saved the lives of an entire family.

This family had taken in a stray cat just in the days before they had a major fire that left the family homeless. The cat wound up making all kinds of noise and woke up one of the family members in time for that person to get everyone else awake and out of the house--and of course the new addition to the family, too.

The family, along with the rescue kitty, were found a place to live by the local chapter of The Red Cross---so this story shows that--like dogs----cats can do their part to help people too.

Realist
Sep 9, 2009, 10:29 PM
Dammit, I just ran a thread, saying that I'd quit giving absolutes, but here I'm at it again! I said a cat would NEVER do that! Do I get a pass for being OLD and forgetful?

That cat just happened to be in the MOOD to warn them, that's all!

Matthew547
Sep 9, 2009, 10:38 PM
This is why canines stand above and beyond all others as the best animals on earth. Dogs will move heaven and earth for their masters, whereas cats eat their face 14 hours after they pass on. I'll check again, but I didn't see a photo of the dog in the article. It truly is heartwarming.

:):flag3:

Doggiestyle
Sep 10, 2009, 12:06 AM
:bigrin: I wonder? How much for that Doggie in the window? Or would that be how much for that Doggie in the news?
But thats cool cause the dog stuck closer to the kid than a tattoo. However Lassie would have known the way back also. Awwwwww the dog is just a pup, he'll eventually learn.

Just wondering. Your friend, :doggie:

roy m cox
Sep 10, 2009, 1:03 AM
wow nice story:) thx 12voltman59 :)

Hephaestion
Sep 10, 2009, 4:38 AM
Quit being so hard on yourself Realist - there is such a thing as an idomatic phrase. Idioms are accepted pieces of terminology and and can denote an expected perspective i.e. a cat would never do that (borne biologically, cats tend to be solitary and independant whereas dogs are pack animals and need to belong).

Doesn't someone have the phrase 'women and cats will do as they please and men had better get used to the fact' as their signature on here?

Dammit, I just ran a thread, saying that I'd quit giving absolutes, but here I'm at it again! I said a cat would NEVER do that! Do I get a pass for being OLD and forgetful?

That cat just happened to be in the MOOD to warn them, that's all!

Realist
Sep 10, 2009, 6:59 AM
Yep, Hep, that's CAT...........she likes to think she's tough, but she's not! She's an Earth Mother and a sweetheart.

About cats: You don't OWN a cat, they own YOU! I admit to being a dog person, specifically Dachshunds.

Don't tell anyone, but I've had a cat, or two, that I became attached to, also.

My last Dachshund, Molly, was probably one of the best, most loving and most disciplined dogs I ever had. A couple of years ago she was killed by a rattlesnake and I haven't had the courage to get another dog, since.

I've had motorcycles until recently and I secured a piece of carpet on the gas tank, so she could get a grip. Molly would ride with me; she'd balance herself on the carpet, but pushing back against me, with her front feet braced forward. She'd lean with me in the turns, like that's what she was born to do.

If I didn't take her with me, she'd get in the flower bed and pout, until I came back, but she was always happy to see me, when I came home.

Georgie_Girl
Sep 10, 2009, 11:59 AM
Yep, Hep, that's CAT...........she likes to think she's tough, but she's not! She's an Earth Mother and a sweetheart.

About cats: You don't OWN a cat, they own YOU! I admit to being a dog person, specifically Dachshunds.

Don't tell anyone, but I've had a cat, or two, that I became attached to, also.

My last Dachshund, Molly, was probably one of the best, most loving and most disciplined dogs I ever had. A couple of years ago she was killed by a rattlesnake and I haven't had the courage to get another dog, since.

I've had motorcycles until recently and I secured a piece of carpet on the gas tank, so she could get a grip. Molly would ride with me; she'd balance herself on the carpet, but pushing back against me, with her front feet braced forward. She'd lean with me in the turns, like that's what she was born to do.

If I didn't take her with me, she'd get in the flower bed and pout, until I came back, but she was always happy to see me, when I came home.

I have a Dachshund, he's a huge baby and follows me everywhere. :)

Ghast
Sep 10, 2009, 12:40 PM
This happened right here where I live. Everyone was talking about the missing boy from day one of the story. The family stopped at my work for a meal and a shower on their way home. Their picture was on the front page of the newspaper. The kid was lucky to survive that long up here, even with a dog to keep him warm. There are alot of predators up here. The dog was lucky to survive too.

Realist
Sep 10, 2009, 12:59 PM
Cool! He's a hero to that kid and his family, too. I'm sure he'll be rewarded for his love. Sweet story!