PDA

View Full Version : Hi...struggling with chat.

BeautifullyBi
Sep 3, 2009, 1:01 PM
Hi. I am brand new to this site, about twenty minutes ago. I am finding my way around, but despite downloading java, the chat system will not work for me. Suggestions? Thoughts?

BeautifullyBi

littlerayofsunshine
Sep 3, 2009, 1:06 PM
Hi and Welcome to the site!

Make sure your pop up blocker is off. Hope that fixes it.

BeautifullyBi
Sep 3, 2009, 1:07 PM
Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. Thanks for the welcome!

littlerayofsunshine
Sep 3, 2009, 1:09 PM
ok Sorry that didn't help. Maybe you could supply a little more information about your computer. like what operating system you are running and what browser and version. We have some Techies here that are very knowledgeable.

baachus
Sep 3, 2009, 1:13 PM
Welcome. I'm not much of a technie, just know enough to be dangerous. One thing you might try would be to enable cookies for this site. That should be an option within your tools menu for your browser. Hope it helps.

BeautifullyBi
Sep 3, 2009, 1:35 PM
I am operating in microsoft vista, ie 7...I followed the java problem solving tips and found this:

When I click tools, internet options, and the advanced tab...sun/java is not there for me to check. I just downloaded the damn thing...

littlerayofsunshine
Sep 3, 2009, 1:59 PM
after installation did you close and restart your browser?

_Joe_
Sep 3, 2009, 2:14 PM
#1 solution in my book, try Firefox. IE wont work with chat on one of my computers

Plus, I am slowly liking Firefox more ><

http://www.firefox.com

BeautifullyBi
Sep 3, 2009, 2:37 PM
I have restarted my browser and have heard good things about firefox, but am hesitant to change over...any other thoughts before it comes to that?

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 3, 2009, 2:40 PM
Peeeeggg! Where you at Girlfriend? We gots a chat problem. lol Contact Peg, hon. I'm sure she could help you.
Good luck and welcome to the site.
Cat,
Everyone's silly feline

BeautifullyBi
Sep 3, 2009, 2:44 PM
Who is Cat? Where is Cat? I need help now! Thanks :)

_Joe_
Sep 3, 2009, 2:58 PM
I have restarted my browser and have heard good things about firefox, but am hesitant to change over...any other thoughts before it comes to that?

It's not like you are actually changing over. I use both browsers, even at the same time. Firefox for Bisex.com and one other forum, but IE for anything non-forum related.

BeautifullyBi
Sep 3, 2009, 3:21 PM
You are all the best! I downloaded firefox and chat is open...see you all there!

roy m cox
Sep 4, 2009, 12:52 AM
#1 solution in my book, try Firefox. IE wont work with chat on one of my computers

Plus, I am slowly liking Firefox more ><

http://www.firefox.com

yup what joe sezz lol, i use it a wont use internet exploiter 7 or 8 Evin if you paid me to :eek:

:bipride::bipride::bipride::bipride: