PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know everyone

ATaurusJoker
Sep 1, 2009, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone,

I'd like to get to know everyone this board. What are some of your dreams? Goals? Hobbies? What do you like to do with your time?

Please keep this topic non-sexual. I like talking about sex and bisexuality, but there are plenty of other threads dedicated to those topic.

I'm a currently student in massachusets. I love being a student. I also study martial arts and enjoy film and small amounts of television (Weeds, Dexter, The Daily Show, News and Politics, The Office). I'm very focused and disciplined, but I have an incredibly wild nature inside. I'm also very ambitious and opinionated.

What about the rest of you?

Bisexual Explorer
Sep 1, 2009, 1:01 PM
Good golly..a thread at bisexaul.com that's not about sex. I've been thinking about sex, or more precisely the lack thereof, so much of late that thinking about something else may be relief (sort of).

OK...I've decided at this late stage of life to read as much of what Harold Bloom defines as the Western Canon as possible. So far, I've made it through "Paradise Lost", John Milton, "As You Like It" and "King Henry IV Part I", W. Shakespeare, and "As I Lay Dying" William Faulkner. I'm about two thirds of the way through Dostoyevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov" and just started the "Complete Essays of Montaigne." Next up, "The Berlin Stories" Christopher Isherwood and Proust (maybe, if I'm up to it). At the rate, I'm going I should get through Bloom's list by the time I'm 175. I read some of this stuff in college (Montaigne and Proust in French) and hated all of it. Now reading it for pleasure, its some really great stuff.

Just so you all don't think I'm a total nerd, I do power lifting training three to four times a week and fish (bass) as often as I can. Please don't ask about how much I lift or how many bass I catch! It would much too embarassing.
I listen to classic jazz - Miles, Duke, Trane, Satch, Oscar Peterson, Brubeck, Desmond, Jobime (sp?), Prez, Lady Day, Ella are among my favorites. In my humble opinion, Paul Gonsalvez's (sp?) solo with the Ellington orchestra at Newport is the greatest solo performance (on any instrument in any time of music) ever.

I'm a real foodie...good Italian and French. I'm just getting into fusion and haven't decided how much I like it. I have a modest wine cellar of about 150 bottles, mostly Italian, Spanish, and California reds. Some French wines also from Cote de Rhone, and the Loire. I am one of the few people on the planet who don't get Bordeauxs; more for the rest of you.

Got all the way through this without writing a word about sucking cock. Pretty good effort I would say.

g

ATaurusJoker
Sep 1, 2009, 2:01 PM
Good golly..a thread at bisexaul.com that's not about sex. I've been thinking about sex, or more precisely the lack thereof, so much of late that thinking about something else may be relief (sort of).

OK...I've decided at this late stage of life to read as much of what Harold Bloom defines as the Western Canon as possible. So far, I've made it through "Paradise Lost", John Milton, "As You Like It" and "King Henry IV Part I", W. Shakespeare, and "As I Lay Dying" William Faulkner. I'm about two thirds of the way through Dostoyevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov" and just started the "Complete Essays of Montaigne." Next up, "The Berlin Stories" Christopher Isherwood and Proust (maybe, if I'm up to it). At the rate, I'm going I should get through Bloom's list by the time I'm 175. I read some of this stuff in college (Montaigne and Proust in French) and hated all of it. Now reading it for pleasure, its some really great stuff.

Just so you all don't think I'm a total nerd, I do power lifting training three to four times a week and fish (bass) as often as I can. Please don't ask about how much I lift or how many bass I catch! It would much too embarassing.
I listen to classic jazz - Miles, Duke, Trane, Satch, Oscar Peterson, Brubeck, Desmond, Jobime (sp?), Prez, Lady Day, Ella are among my favorites. In my humble opinion, Paul Gonsalvez's (sp?) solo with the Ellington orchestra at Newport is the greatest solo performance (on any instrument in any time of music) ever.

I'm a real foodie...good Italian and French. I'm just getting into fusion and haven't decided how much I like it. I have a modest wine cellar of about 150 bottles, mostly Italian, Spanish, and California reds. Some French wines also from Cote de Rhone, and the Loire. I am one of the few people on the planet who don't get Bordeauxs; more for the rest of you.

Got all the way through this without writing a word about sucking cock. Pretty good effort I would say.

g

Thanks for the reply although I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic about the sex part. I'm kinda new here not sure if you were giving me a hard time.

fredtyg
Sep 1, 2009, 2:29 PM
When I'm not working as a self- employed gardener, about all I do is play Aces High (http://www2.hitechcreations.com/frindex.html), the ww2 air combat sim.

Lenore
Sep 1, 2009, 2:44 PM
I am still a bit of a newbie here too, but welcome to the site! :)

Lets see, I live in Lancaster County, Pa. I enjoy listening to a veriety of music. My faves are Ani DiFranco, BareNaked Ladies, Hammel on Trial, and I'm totally into Jeffree Star lately (it's so bad, but I love it!). You will find everything from Tool and Marylan Manson to India Arie and Indigo girls on my iPhone though.

I work as an administrative assistant at a local non-profit agency. I love my job and on most days I love the people. :)

I've recently become a bit of a bar fly, but I'm still a wall flower. I stick to myself and my friends, but I have a good time. I'm also ussually the DD.. lol

I am a huge animal lover! If I could I'd have a small zoo in my house. I currently only have a Parakeet named Bonita and a cat named Moe.

Lets see, hmm, not sure what else there is to share. Something else you want to know just ask. :)

looking forward to reading about everyone else! :)

Georgie_Girl
Sep 1, 2009, 3:12 PM
Welcome. Umm, I'm a casual gamer, WoW mostly. I read a LOT, King and Koontz and Butcher (oh my!). I like to go out with my friends and spend time outside. I'm a bit of an animal nut (I DO have a small zoo in my house:)) and I'm a lacto-vegetarian. I think that's it.

Realist
Sep 1, 2009, 3:27 PM
Welcome! You've found a unique and very special place!

I'm an oldtimer, retired, into any kind of machinery, working with my hands, eclectic interests, stories about life/love/success. Have great GF and we share everything. Try to be a good communicator and listener, too.

ATaurusJoker
Sep 1, 2009, 3:40 PM
Thanks eveyone these are awesome!

TanjaDe_Profund
Sep 1, 2009, 5:29 PM
I live in Serbia ( Europe). I was born in Germany and I also lived in Czech and Bosnia. I am vegan. I am co-owner of language school. I teach English, German and Serbian.I am also involved in a socialdemocratic political party and NGOs dealing with human rights, transitional justice...I live with my cat.
I adore arts, animals, nature, traveling, seaside, joga, gym, jogging, reading books and magazines...My favourite writers are Oscar Wilde, Marin Drzic, Mishima, Proust, T. Mann, Gaarder, T. Williams, Bulgakov....Movies:by Almodovar, One flew over the cuckoo's nest, The Silence of the lambs, Paris-Texas, The Green Mile, Rashomon, Provoked, Stigmata, Earthlings, Hide and Seek, ...Music from jazz, classical to pop, indie, alternative rock, disco....

Realist
Sep 1, 2009, 6:19 PM
Tanja, it sounds like you've lead an interesting life!

I hope you write a book about it...I for one, would enjoy reading it.

Welcome aboard!

Bisexual Explorer
Sep 1, 2009, 7:45 PM
Thanks for the reply although I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic about the sex part. I'm kinda new here not sure if you were giving me a hard time.

I'm only being partially sarcastic...can't help myself. It's a NJ thing. But would I guy who reads Milton and Shakespeare give you a hard time?

g

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 1, 2009, 8:03 PM
Waves happily. Hello hello! I'm Cat, everybody's feline. I love Koontz and Steven King, Anne McCaffery, Pers Anthony, Alan Dean Foster, and works by Toni Minx..*Snicker* Love karaoke, good BBQ, long walks on the beach in the moonlight..oh wait, wrong site..:bigrin:
Welcome to the group, Love. We are whacky and wonderful even if we do have a couple of putzes here and there. ;)
Come see us in chat sometime. :}
Cat

Billys_gurl
Sep 1, 2009, 9:14 PM
Hi Hi Hi!!! I live in West Virginia, am married, and looking for a girlfriend. I love reading! I, too, read Stephen King, Dean Koontz, i also read the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice, and own her 3 sleeping beauty erotica stories. If you haven't read them, I HIGHLY recommend it! there's enough straight, gay, and homo sex for everyone. I love them! I work in a restaraunt, have a tween son, and feel out of my mind most of the time.
I surprise people at my sense of humor. I am warped, twisted, and bawdy with my jokes. I just don't look it. I like gaming, CoD, Sims(all versions), CaC, I have played some Doom3, and Fear 2 but they freak me out. I love movies of almost all types. Not into the REALLY heavy chick flicks. I actually like some of the b movies, I guess you would call them. I have Barbarella, Flash Gordon, I have seen Swamp Thing, Toxic Avenger. Oh man, I am drooling for an older movie and popcorn now! Bye all

codybear3
Sep 1, 2009, 10:53 PM
Hello ATJ... Here goes something for you...

I'm from Texas at the farthest west point... I read alot... I work on PC, models, ride bikes when I have one (the real ones)... Go to pow-wows... Currently hooked on "Sons of Anarchy" and can hardly wait for Sept. 8th... Have numerous e-mail account including Tagged, myspace, facebook... Am going to the University of Phoenix to get my degree in Science of Business Management... Am fluent at sign language, especially when I use the middle-finger out on the rode...

If you got anything else in specific you'd like to know, just ask me... :paw::paw:

wyrd_truth
Sep 1, 2009, 11:35 PM
I live in the deep fried South, heaven help me. I write urban-fantasies, romances. I read whenever I'm not writing or working my day job to pay the bills. I'm vegetarian, NOT vegan. I suffer from migraines that are apparently destorying my brain so if I write anything that doesn't make sense that's why! I'm still in school, I'm taking a world lit class this term and the teacher seems a bit...overwhelmed, I suppose. I love to cook, but hate to clean. I love thunderstorms and love running around without shoes on. I can't dance AT ALL. I just bought my very first pair of going out shoes. I love looking at art work, but can't draw. Okay, babbling, shutting up now.

roy m cox
Sep 2, 2009, 3:56 AM
hello i am roy i was self- employed a grandmaster locksmith im all over the internet i have 7 dif email add, i am on second life and i am with the furry comm. i am also very sick i have a bad skin problem and have only 5yrs. to live but i am making the best of the time i have trying to make friends every wear i can i have a wonderful boy friend he wants me to be happy and fined a girl friend if i can well i have looked all over the net and found this grate site , any way hope this helps you .. have a fun time and keep safe :)

:bipride::bipride::bipride::bipride:

imona42
Sep 2, 2009, 9:34 AM
Hello! I am finishing my Masters in nursing-getting my NP. Love where I work, wish I could spend more time taking on the world! Married, love to garden, work out, travel, spend time with family. I love movies-esp sci-fi, fantasy. I love all kinds of music- I even tolerate hip-hop on occasion but I mostly listen to alternative rock, Marilyn Manson, Kings of Leon to Tim McGraw in my MP3/phone. ("Baby I'm a real good man"-one of my favs.. his butt looks so fine in that video..... I digress... )
I love cooking for fam/friends- I do love reading, Steven King is one of my favs, I used to read Patricia Cromwell-lately I have been reading Harry Potter over again- I like Ann Rice too but haven't read her Sleeping Beauty stuff-I will have to check that out. I think that's it?

Rico2112
Sep 2, 2009, 11:51 AM
Well , I'm a bassguitarist , a songwriter and compose my own music. Hopefully it'll become something one day. I like reading , movies , spirituality and adventures. I like a good party from time to time. Enjoy good food , and I am truly an animal-lover. I'm also getting involved politically here in Norway these days.
Apart from this - I allways treasure getting to know new people.

:)

Lenore
Sep 2, 2009, 12:29 PM
I don't know why, but when I was writting about myself I was having trouble thinking about what to say about myself. As I'm reading everyones posts I thought of additional, possibly interesting, things to tell you all. So here goes...

I do love to read, though I don't have time to do it as much as I used to. My fave auther is Anne Rice. I have read most of her book (but not quit all of them) including the beauty series and exit to Eden. I also really enjoy Steven King. I have read a ton of his books as well.

I am learning American Sign Language. I am far from fluent, but I know enough to have a conversation, and when all else fails I can fingerspell pretty well. I began learning so I could communicate with a deaf/blind co-worker. He is an amazing guy. He helps me a lot with my signs.

I love love love to swim. Like everything else, I don't get the time to do it as often as i'd like, but when I get in the pool it is hard to get me out.

I guess that is all. I love reading all of your posts. Keep them coming!

Hugs to you all!
Lenore

ps: I typed this out of my phone. If there are any strange spelling mistakes I didn't catch you know why. Sometimes typing on a touch screen keyboard is more difficult then it should be... Lol

littlerayofsunshine
Sep 2, 2009, 1:27 PM
I am a mother of 4, married almost 10 years. Love to read; King, Tolkien, Koontz, Rice, Andrews and some others and am still in love with many children's books and enjoy reading them with my kids (yes I have read all the harry potters). Am a gamer, love horror games, horror movies. I love many Genres of music and can sing/rap lyrics to probably over 3000 songs dating back from now to the 50's. I have a huge collection of music in my Itunes/Limewire. I write poetry and love nature. I suffer migraines and have to watch my surroundings for perfumes/colognes and my food for certain additives Mostly MSG and Splenda.

ummmm... I have a very perverse sense of humor. I am very laid back, non materialistic. I can count on one hand how many pieces of jewelry or pairs of shoes I own. I don't wear dresses unless someone dies or marries.

Off and on working on a biography in hopes that it can reach people that were in similar shoes as I was growing up show to them that being abused doesn't mean you have to become a fucked up person.

guess that's about it. Oh and one more thing.. I'm not that interesting...lol

TwylaTwobits
Sep 2, 2009, 6:25 PM
hmmmmm well an american currently living in the southern hemisphere with the man of her dreams. Originally from Kentucky, land of horses, bourbon and tobacco. I am an avid reader and adore mysteries and true crime fiction as well as the flat out naughty paranormal romance. Mom of 3 beautiful little boys that mean the world to me and are way smarter than kids have a right to be.

Love Country Music and Soft Rock but will listen to anything but (c)Rap with an open ear. Groan in pain when "Don't Forget the Lyrics" comes on and there are people who have no sense of the song at all trying to sing a classic.

My ideal day is literally spent under the sun with a good book and a sweet little cat called Rat on my lap.

yohko469
Sep 2, 2009, 7:21 PM
Ugh Georgie_girl u are a woman after my own heart except i AM a WoW Junkie, i can't help myself.

Also i love reading i would read ANYTHING with pages, i recently finished the twilight series i put it off cause i saw the movie and it sucked so when i had nothing else to read i picked em up and finished all 4 books in 3days ( i dun think i slept).
i love martial arts mostly because of my BF he has been doing it since he was little and he has me taking Kendo Classes, i love it but mah arm hurts, i love music just love it..all kinds if it catches my interest i listen to it..but cause i was born in Guyana i think i am partial to Soca and Calypso and the older reggae not the new stuff soo much, i love to sing and dance..i am a HORRIBAD singer mt BF banned me from singing in his presence, but enjoys the dancing very much.. let's see, i work part time as a recruiter. i set up job interviews for ppl and get a commission if the person i referred lands the jobs..soo that's fun, it's good money. umm what else is missing from my biography...hmmmm

i can be super anti-social, but i can also be loving and warm, i have a 21month old daughter :) the light of my life she was the product of rape but that doesn't matter to me and i am getting married on the 1st of january to the most stupid, idiotic wonderful, funny sweet and sexy man i have ever met :)

so i think that's all
hehe

any questions and i might decide to write a sequel to this :)

onewhocares
Sep 2, 2009, 7:51 PM
Hi there......Welcome from another Massachusetts Native. I am Belle and I am the straight wife of a bi man. We have been married 23 in October. We have one daughter who is fourteen and just starting high school and taking up crew. I am an event planner and caterer. Through a friend on this site I became interested in kayaking. I really enjoy that very much and kayak even in the winter on Cape Cod or in the western part of the state. I like to cook and entertain for family and friends as everyone seems to always end up at our home.

I enjoy country music, Rascal Flatts, George Strait and Reba are favorites. I also enjoy Placido Domingo, Dave Mathews, Leonard Bernstein. I love old movies....Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, William Powel. I do not watch much TV...mostly Food Network.

I like to listen to audio books when I drive....Janet Evanovich is my favorite.

12voltman59
Sep 2, 2009, 9:37 PM
We do have threads on here on topics other than sex, just for everyone's information!

I have so many interests and am busy with so many things--it is hard to list them all----and finding time to get to all of my various interests---at times--some take precedence and others have to fade into the background a bit---and while sex is certainly in, say, my top 50 favorite things--it does often take a back seat too.

Among my many interests: writing, photopgraphy, art--with my interest in art taking many forms, reading, power boating, sailing, kayaking, fishing, bike riding (the human powered kind), cooking, gardening, generally being outdoors as much as I can doing pretty much anything in most of the four seasons--I hope that in my time up north this winter--we actually have some snow so I can go do some skiing---or maybe even trying snowboarding-I sure will be taking the tubes down the hills!!!

Now--- with the fall festival season getting underway in these parts--- its time to hit them too!!!