PDA

View Full Version : So. How about that Swine Flu Vaccine

_Joe_
Aug 25, 2009, 9:27 PM
I always got the flu when I got the vaccinee up till 6 yeras ago when I said forget it, no more. Funny, since then I only got it once!

So here comes Swine Flu, the vaccinne, and then this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neurologists over 25 deaths in America

That pretty much tells me don't be the guiniea pigs this round. >< Im such a worry wart.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Aug 25, 2009, 11:04 PM
Yikes. I've never had a flu shot and I definately dont intend of have a Piggie shot either.
Scary Cat

M. Wolfe
Aug 25, 2009, 11:17 PM
There was a huge scandal about the swineflu jab from the 70's outbreak. People got very sick and the govt had to dish out a lot of compensations.

I'd say give it a miss. Swineflu got to NZ but it's not 'broken out'.

artsy girl
Aug 26, 2009, 9:34 AM
Getting vacinitions in general.. very valid and important..

Getting the flu vaccination.. complete waste of time.

I've worked with children in the daycare field for a long time over 10 years.. and i'm probably most sucessptable to viruses and every bug imaginable.. but my immune system is pretty strong.. . That's what happens when you allow yourself to get sick.. your system gets stronger.

Second of all the flu shot is a complete waste of time.. because it only prevents a small strain of flues...
There are a wide range of flu viruses you can get .. and the shot only prevents a few of them.
I personally watcha friend of mine in the field go get a flu shot every year .. but she still got it anyways.

I thought about getting one for my daughter last year.. when she kept getting sick non stop.. but even my doctor looked at me and said...i wouldn't even bother.

I've been hearing a lot of stories in the local papers about the scare of H1n1 this year.. but it's a big joke.

I also think the only people that should really consider getting flue shots are people more sucessptable to serious viruses.. like much older people and young children.

Married artsy girl

JoshuaGlynn
Aug 27, 2009, 5:45 AM
I wont get into my feelings about the flu shots... manly because most folks take the.... "your a fear monger and conspiracy theorist" route... even if there is a growing number of doctors around the world coming to the same conclusions.

But I digress....

If you are worried about the flu... Black Elderberry

It has been proven in several clinical trials to be effective against all flu strains and is a natural cure...

Joshua

M. Wolfe
Aug 27, 2009, 7:28 AM
If you are worried about the flu... Black Elderberry

Good call. Elderberry is a super plant! When I was younger, I was troubled by an ingrown toenail that would get infected. My hostel night supervisor, Dr Hamilton, made up a bandage for me so there were some Elderberry leaves jammed right into the toe. Told me to leave it on for a day then make another one. After a few days the infection cleared right up and I could even walk properly w/o it hurting! He also said that there were lots of ways to put it in food as well.

Also, yay josh you're back! Hadn't seen you on in awhile and was concerned you weren't coming back on.

JoshuaGlynn
Aug 27, 2009, 1:40 PM
Also, yay josh you're back! Hadn't seen you on in awhile and was concerned you weren't coming back on.

LOL sorry... just been busy at work... and had a nice weeks vacation in there too...

I have been reading... just haven't had the time to respond :)

Josh

Nick_C
Aug 27, 2009, 1:55 PM
For what it's worth, I think the media has blown the whole swine flu thing completely out of proportion. Plenty of people die every year of 'normal' flu, yet do you hear the press saying one word about that? No, because it doesn't make nearly such a good story.

The press are scaring people unnecessarily.

poserpo
Aug 27, 2009, 5:25 PM
i definatly aint having it...oh err by the way..ive had swine flu the other month and it stinks

Doggiestyle
Aug 27, 2009, 10:45 PM
I am afraid of most anything that the Gov't does these days, including any kind of vaccinations. Lucky for me, colds and the flu don't bother me much, and never have. A flu that devastates others will make me feel kinda worn out and tired for a few days and thats it, after that I become myself again LOL ! :yikes2: And everything is over with. Except when I went into the Army I (like everybody else) was neckkd, following in a line and getting about 25 injections for everything from A-Z I guess. (I and nobody else knew what we were getting injected with). Oh well, it was about 2 weeks later that I came down with a bad case of pneumonia. I mean that it made me feel like death eating a shit sandwich. Haven't had pneumonia since.

Which brings on another problem that injected vaccines have in them. A derivative made from the chemical mercury, used as a presrvative. This stuff has been around for many years.

check out http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/376.html

Your friend, :doggie: .......:bipride:

ALSO I can remember back last fall / winter sometime? That the Center for Disease Control ( CDC ) went to Alaska to dig up a couple of bodies of somebody (s) that had died of a swine flu epidemic that happened back when??? Said that they wanted to study it in case something like this ever happened again! Uh Huh, yeah, and wouldin't you know !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?