PDA

View Full Version : Back to school

still_shy
Aug 24, 2009, 12:23 PM
Well everyone, I finally did it!! Today was my first day of school :) I'm pretty excited about this...I think it's a great step toward regaining my life back after my long battle with PTSD and severe anxiety. Life just gets better all the time!

hudson9
Aug 24, 2009, 5:27 PM
Congratulations, Still Shy!! Good luck, and have fun!:)

littlerayofsunshine
Aug 24, 2009, 5:34 PM
Keep up the good work hun! desensitizing and adventuring is a good way to start dealing with PTSD. I haven't had a panic attack in 2 years, no meds either. So I'm rootin for ya hun. You can do it. You have taken some of the biggest steps so far. So Great job !

CalanderGirl
Aug 24, 2009, 8:11 PM
Congratulations... it was our first day back here too! Shy... time for the dean's list :) ;) You know you can do it!!!

M. Wolfe
Aug 24, 2009, 8:28 PM
Being in the southern hemisphere, we don't have long breaks in the middle of the year, but at the end/beginning. We have just started our mid-semester break (2 weeks) so now I can do some chillin, get some more video games in.

Realist
Aug 24, 2009, 9:03 PM
Still Shy,

I was 29 when I went to college..........on the GI bill. Best thing I ever did was to get an education. From the time I graduated, my whole life was better. I got better jobs, made some intelligent friends, felt more confident, and knew I'd done something to better myself ..............and my loved ones as well.

Congratulations, best of luck to you!

AztecJoe
Aug 24, 2009, 10:21 PM
Good for you! I didn't start college until I was 26 and it was the best decision I ever made. Trained me to a great career.

onewhocares
Aug 25, 2009, 12:11 AM
Congratulations. I think that you are doing a great thing for yourself to head back to school. It is a new begining. Best of Luck.

Belle

still_shy
Aug 26, 2009, 3:26 PM
Thank you so much for all the kind words everyone!!!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Aug 26, 2009, 5:06 PM
Fan-tastic! You GO Girlfriend! I didnt get to College until I was 38, and believe me, it was the best move I could have possibly made. :bigrin:
It opend doors that prieviously had been closed to me, and enlightened my mind in a way I never thought possible!
Keep up the great work darlin! And if ya need some help with yer grammer or punk-tu-ation, let me know. I be edacated ya know...lol
Hugs Honey!
Silly Cat

cinderalla
Aug 26, 2009, 7:08 PM
well congrats r in order still shy ...glad that u r back in school wise choice... glad that u r doing better keep u're head held high & u can do anything...:cool::cool::bibounce:

csreef
Aug 27, 2009, 1:58 PM
Congrats on going back to school...we are all so PROUD OF YOU.:bibounce::bibounce::bibounce:

poserpo
Aug 27, 2009, 5:09 PM
yeah..congratulations on school
i'm a true believer that if you really put your mind to something, you can accomplish anything (well nearly anything ) :)

hairyman43
Sep 7, 2009, 12:41 PM
Congragulations! I went back to school last year. I have a year left. It was a big step. Hope you do well!