PDA

View Full Version : Condom Issue

Justin Chad Taylor
Aug 21, 2009, 10:55 PM
My wife passed away five years ago and I havn't been sexually active since her death until now. I have been dating my girlfriend for some time now and the other night we had sex. The problem is I never had to wear condoms before until now and I could not climax. My question is will I be able to get used to wearing a condom. We are both hiv negative, so are main concern is pregnancy.:bipride: Please let me know if anyone else had this problem.

littlerayofsunshine
Aug 21, 2009, 11:08 PM
First of all, I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Second, there could be numerous reasons as to why you didn't climax, not even relative to the condom. It is possible that you are used to masturbating and sexual performance can cause anxiety that would delay your orgasm. And that in itself will take time. If you are certain that it may be the condoms. You could try masturbating with a condom on or try different condoms. There are numerous styles of condoms that cause different sensations and you may find one more pleasurable than the others.

If pregnancy is the a deep concern, there are many remedies that could help. She could take the birth control pill( there are dozens of kinds), the depo provera shot, Ortho Evra Patch, or the Nuva ring and I am sure there are probably some I have forgotten. The pill is everyday, the shot is every 3 months, the patch is once a week, and the ring is every 3 weeks with one week off. So my advice is try some things, have a discussion with your mate, and see what works best for you.. Good Luck hun and wishing you and your mate an explosive sex life :)

fredtyg
Aug 21, 2009, 11:10 PM
Interesting issue. I tend to avoid condoms, although one thing I like about them is they desensitize me so I can last longer. You might try looking for some thinner ones that allow better sensitivity. Just my thought.

BiGuy_458
Aug 21, 2009, 11:41 PM
I hate condoms, I also have a hard time climaxing with them.

graytwo
Aug 22, 2009, 12:35 AM
Condom issue - they keep everyone safe not sorry. Sorta like having to wear a life vest in a boat.

Since playing around with sex, is like dealing with deep water. Wearing any protection will keep you a float and safe along with your partner. Once in trustworthy water take the float off. Only you and your partner can determine when the beach is near.

-graytwo

eddy10
Aug 22, 2009, 1:30 AM
My wife and I have been married to each other for well over 50 years. We had two children early in our marriage. Both were planned. I say this because our method worked for us.

Early on we tried various methods from Vatican Roulette to condoms, etc, etc. This is what we settled on: We always started our sessions unprotected and continued until I felt I was getting close to ejaculating. Then, I would put on a condom and continue until we both finished the big "O's." We had longer sessions caused by the short intermission. If I waited too long, I would pull out and do an Onan.

It worked for us,