PDA

View Full Version : Too Cute

SWCube
Aug 20, 2009, 4:25 PM
This was too awesome, so I figured I had to share it.

I was sleeping last night and heard one of the birds that we keep in a cage in our room fluttering around constantly, which was odd since it was very dark, they were covered, and they usually sleep all night peacefully. The last time I heard fluttering like that, one of them was hanging upside down from a line of string tied around its foot and connected to the nest. I went to uncover the cage and found the male finch had gotten stuck between the nest and the cage wall. Going to the other side of the room, I got a small pencil and pushed the cage away from the wall and after a couple of tries, the bird got free. The female bird, who is very shy and always flies away from someone when they get close, had been sitting on the perch beside the nest. Once the male was out she hoped on top of the nest and stared right at me. She gave a single peep, as if to say "Thank you," so I nodded and said, "You're welcome." Immediately after I had said that she hoped back to the perch where her mate was now sitting and the both slept peacefully. I went to bed with a small smile on my face. XD

M. Wolfe
Aug 20, 2009, 4:26 PM
Awww. It's stuff like that that stays with you, isn't it.

FalconAngel
Aug 20, 2009, 4:31 PM
All animals are very aware and smarter than we give them credit for. They know when someone has done something directly to help them.

Shhhhh 47/F/usa
Aug 20, 2009, 5:08 PM
That made me smile.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Aug 20, 2009, 11:46 PM
Awww thats so sweet, Hon. :bigrin:
Cat
Animal lover.

12voltman59
Aug 21, 2009, 12:00 AM
I had an interesting experience with a wild bird one day last week--I had taken the boat out to the part of the lake that is called "the game preserve."

The area is a natural area owned by the state so it won't ever get built up with houses and condos--thank God some part of the lake is going to stay that way!!

I had gone swimming then came back on the boat and laid down a bit--I heard this little bird flying around under the bimini top--but figured it would soon fly off.

It kept chirping for about five minutes----and finally I got up--it was sitting on the captain's chair---it didn't fly away from me-I thought it might be hurt--I put my hand out to it and it hopped on my finger--it was a little bird--- pale yellow with some black feathers mixed in.

It was just happy to sit on my finger--which it did for about ten minutes--my hand got tired--so I directed it to get on the table--which it reluctantly did---when my hand was recovered---I offered my finger again and it jumped back on--still chirping all the while--after a bit--it finally flapped its wings and flew off!!

I had never had a wild bird to anything like it--it was kinda neat and a priviledge of sorts that this little wild creature decided to spend some time with me--I have no idea why it would have done that.

**Peg**
Aug 21, 2009, 9:32 AM
--I have no idea why it would have done that.

well, obviously because ur such a gentle loving soul, volty :)